SpitfiremarkV

Nov 5, 2018
He simply needs to stop giving specific dates for releases and instead do like most developers out there and give a release window only. Sometimes animations or renders need to be redone or other real life issues happen.
A more open release schedule would help to plan for those kind of issues while managing the expectations of his patrons.
Completely agree. Ero give an ETA, and then miss it. If he do it 1 or 2 times - okay, shit happens. But 5 times in a row???

Devs like DPC give an ETA only if they 300% sure that they will drop update in this exact day. Coz they know that if they miss a deadline many people started to doubt their words.

IMO it's a much better choice not to give ETA at all, than broke your word time after time and frustrate a lot of people who expect an update

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
He's asking for the Patreon-exclusive Discord, I suspect. No idea why he's asking you, or why he's replying to something from August, though.

Then again, maybe the quotation is from something he ended up never posting, God knows I've done that.

Feb 15, 2019
ep4_posing.jpg
Weekly Update #2 - April

Hey Everyone,

Hope everyone's doing okay! I'll keep this one short since I'm very busy at the moment finishing up the last requirements before the release.

As you may have noticed, I haven't been able to release Chapter 4 last week. My apologies. There were some unexpected delays with the animations that needed editing. Hopefully (fingers crossed ) all goes well in the upcoming days and I'll be able to release Chapter 4 ASAP.

Have a great day guys.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Or even better, don't release it when ready!
If you delay its release 1 week after it is ready and you continue to do so for a few consecutive releases then after a while you will have a time cushion of 1 month to help doing stable periodic releases.
the best thing would be to, as above mentioned great dev ttll does, not release any game update at all - one "preview" and one wallpaper per month is more than enough to maintain a stable support for quite long time period...in which time you can do everything else IRl, and yet getting a fair amount of money for minimal work (ofc applies if he isnt icstor-level, in which case he wouldnt need any work at all:BootyTime:).

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
He should really follow Ruff's advice on this one. I feel Ero's going to burn out if he keep's making these updates bigger and grander bit by bit. I don't want to see this game get abandoned.
I fully agree, but at the same time Ero know their health better than any of us do. It feels very obvious looking at what's going on, but in reality it's not like actually know how they're doing.

... That said, I'd love it if Ero stopped setting public deadlines just because seeing them get pushed back is incredibly frustrated. I mean, look at this thread, people are getting pretty damn agitated, and this could all have been avoided if there had only been a single delay (from the "early March" estimate), rather than... I think someone said there have been five at this point? Just damn. I know we're not entitled to any of Ero's work over here, but repeatedly setting expectations like that only to tear them down is pretty insensitive. God only knows how that makes paying supporters feel.

Reactions: ActiveShooter

Radon671

Feb 4, 2022
View attachment 1762351
Weekly Update #2 - April

Hey Everyone,

Hope everyone's doing okay! I'll keep this one short since I'm very busy at the moment finishing up the last requirements before the release.

As you may have noticed, I haven't been able to release Chapter 4 last week. My apologies. There were some unexpected delays with the animations that needed editing. Hopefully (fingers crossed ) all goes well in the upcoming days and I'll be able to release Chapter 4 ASAP.

Have a great day guys.
Wow, this render shows it is TOTALLY WORTH WAITING.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes