Ryanair

Dec 14, 2021
For those who aren't in Ero's discord. This game won't get abandoned (never say never). Earlier this month he quit his "real job" to put more time into this game, yesterday he stated that Demon Boy will always be his first priority and i quote -"But if I'm working on a creative project, sometimes I need to step away from it for a while to regain some perspective". So this other game shouldn't be anything to worry about, (could be nice content, who knows).

I myself work as a game dev, and this behaviour shouldn't be seen as something negative, crunching and burn outs are a common thing in the industry, we should count ourselves lucky that we get some content while he's recharging, some devs tend to do something entierly different that won't lead to any content what so ever. ( I tend to paint, read books or taking a trip for inspiration/relaxation).

The only thing to be sad about is the censorship that Patreon is up to :/
Bro how you know that i mean left his job and make demon boy always his priority how you know that for god sake

Ryanair

Dec 14, 2021
Before three weaks
The render was 94% and animations 71% and audio 80% and next Friday we will see this percentage after 3weaks I wish to see all of them 100% and wait one weak more for release

Reactions: princess bride

GandalfTheGrey91

May 1, 2022
trust me a few others and me already told him that under this post. and many of us wrote very empathetic cause no one wants to discourage him or demoticate him, in fact i think most of us want the opposite thats why we all wrote that we don't think that this is the right decision especially at this early time. only one wrote he thinks about quitting cause he already was so scared and discouraged about this news. but i think its good news that Ero communicates with us about this and ask about our opinion about this and not just say nothing and after months not caring about his original game he just tells his community he is going to drop it and makes a new different game cause he feels not motivated and interested anymore - like other devs already did (*cough* Milfy City dev *cough*)
Yea I get you. I don't think it's a good choice to simultaneously working on 2 projects will do him any favors. If it boosts his creativity I'm ok with that but how long it's gonna take until he's exhausted of the new game as well?

He wants to continue DB but when his passion for it fades, you will see it on the development and also in the quality.. I just going to work cuz I want the money and not cuz I love it. Means I do what I have to do but nothing more. Hope u catch my drift ^^

DB is the only game on here I care for.

Ryanair

Dec 14, 2021
Yea I get you. I don't think it's a good choice to simultaneously working on 2 projects will do him any favors. If it boosts his creativity I'm ok with that but how long it's gonna take until he's exhausted of the new game as well?

He wants to continue DB but when his passion for it fades, you will see it on the development and also in the quality.. I just going to work cuz I want the money and not cuz I love it. Means I do what I have to do but nothing more. Hope u catch my drift ^^

DB is the only game on here I care for.
Will why you are very sad about new game maybe the new game will be better than DB ...if I had something that I don't love in the new game that the new game will not contain mom son realtionship

GandalfTheGrey91

May 1, 2022
Probably not. I don't think he could rework the scenes to make look that Nicole give consent to MC. And this is what Patreon TOS doesn't allow, non-consesual sex acts.
Thx for the reply.

What a shit show.. There are similar games posted on patreon with same contents and nobody gives a f..

I hope he can find ways to leave it as it is. Loved the sneaky stuff and was hoping for more in next updates.

GandalfTheGrey91

May 1, 2022
Will why you are very sad about new game maybe the new game will be better than DB ...if I had something that I don't love in the new game that the new game will not contain mom son realtionship
Given the creativity and quality eromersive provides, I'm sure the new game gonna be good. I'm just sceptical about the whole situation.

Reactions: boy2636

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Thx for the reply.

What a shit show.. There are similar games posted on patreon with same contents and nobody gives a f..

I hope he can find ways to leave it as it is. Loved the sneaky stuff and was hoping for more in next updates.
The dev could easily create a Subscribestar page and put this game on there and just use his current Patreon page for the new game, that way Ero wouldn't need to change a thing about this game and keep it the way it is.

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
Post on Patreon:

Response to last Friday
Hey Guys,

Last Friday's post received many negative comments, so I think it's a good idea if I respond to some of the worries and questions raised here.

I get that some of you are worried about the future of Demon Boy now that I've started working on a second game.

I don't think you should.

You see, I've been playing with ideas for a new game since I released the first chapter of Demon Boy. And since I needed to take a step back from Demon Boy for a short period, I thought it'd be interesting/productive to actually start bringing one of these ideas into reality.

I could have just not said anything about it, but my intention is to be transparent with everyone and let you know how I'm spending my time.

Finally, the new game still has a long way to go, Demon Boy is my first priority and I don't want to delay the next update of Demon Boy any longer than necessary. Demon Boy chapter 5 will be the first thing I release.

I hope you understand,

EroMersive

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Post on Patreon:

Response to last Friday
Hey Guys,

Last Friday's post received many negative comments, so I think it's a good idea if I respond to some of the worries and questions raised here.

I get that some of you are worried about the future of Demon Boy now that I've started working on a second game.

You see, I've been playing with ideas for a new game since I released the first chapter of Demon Boy. And since I needed to take a step back from Demon Boy for a short period, I thought it'd be interesting/productive to actually start bringing one of these ideas into reality.

I could have just not said anything about it, but my intention is to be transparent with everyone and let you know how I'm spending my time.

Finally, the new game still has a long way to go, Demon Boy is my first priority and I don't want to delay the next update of Demon Boy any longer than necessary. Demon Boy chapter 5 will be the first thing I release.

I hope you understand,

EroMersive
It's all good for me. I just want he can release ch. 5 soon without issues with patreon

Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018
Post on Patreon:

Response to last Friday
Hey Guys,

I hope you understand,

EroMersive
Good statement from Ero.
After he releases chapter 5, he can take a break from DB to concentrate on this new game like he wants to.

I'm still more interested in DB, however if Ero needs this to help his creativity and tell a new story I'm fine with that.
Maybe the new project will end up being just as interesting as DB too.

08Hanbo

Nov 15, 2020
Post on Patreon:

Response to last Friday
Hey Guys,

I hope you understand,

EroMersive
It's great that he wasn't beaten by negative comments.

Reactions: princess bride

GandalfTheGrey91

May 1, 2022
Ero said that the whole game will be around 10 chapters, but each new chapter are longer than the last ones.
Right now we're at chapter 4.
Yo Bob, are u for real? I thought the last update wasn't that long, when u look how long it took. Chapter 7 to chapter 8 gonna take 2 years or what, if the updates get larger over time?

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Yeah, I don't mind other projects at all, always seemed like a solid way to avoid burnout to me so I'm not sure what people's problem with that stuff is.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes