Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018
Yo Bob, are u for real? I thought the last update wasn't that long, when u look how long it took. Chapter 7 to chapter 8 gonna take 2 years or what, if the updates get larger over time?
Chapter 4 was by far the longest chapter with the most content and chapter 5 will most likely be an even bigger update compared to that.

Going back on the amount of time it takes to make these chapters, Idk what goes on behind the scenes exactly. All I know is what I what I see from Ero.
So far he released one update in 2022(chap.4) and will release another one before the year ends(chap.5) so that'll be two updates this year.
He's also quit his job recently, that might be a sign that he's more locked in on developing his games now and we'll have more frequent updates.

We won't know how all this new info about him working on his new game after the chap.5 release, quitting his main job, the patreon TOS situation, and him having a small burnout from DB will have impact on the production of DB until a few months down the line.
Right now we just have to wait and see.

princess bride

Aug 18, 2018
Post on Patreon:

Response to last Friday
Hey Guys,

Last Friday's post received many negative comments, so I think it's a good idea if I respond to some of the worries and questions raised here.

I get that some of you are worried about the future of Demon Boy now that I've started working on a second game.

I don't think you should.

You see, I've been playing with ideas for a new game since I released the first chapter of Demon Boy. And since I needed to take a step back from Demon Boy for a short period, I thought it'd be interesting/productive to actually start bringing one of these ideas into reality.

I could have just not said anything about it, but my intention is to be transparent with everyone and let you know how I'm spending my time.

Finally, the new game still has a long way to go, Demon Boy is my first priority and I don't want to delay the next update of Demon Boy any longer than necessary. Demon Boy chapter 5 will be the first thing I release.

I hope you understand,

EroMersive
Great response and that actually made me less worried about DB, Ero took those responses in a mature manner, good for him.

RockDancer

Sep 13, 2019
Post on Patreon:

Response to last Friday
Hey Guys,

Last Friday's post received many negative comments, so I think it's a good idea if I respond to some of the worries and questions raised here.

I get that some of you are worried about the future of Demon Boy now that I've started working on a second game.

I don't think you should.

You see, I've been playing with ideas for a new game since I released the first chapter of Demon Boy. And since I needed to take a step back from Demon Boy for a short period, I thought it'd be interesting/productive to actually start bringing one of these ideas into reality.

I could have just not said anything about it, but my intention is to be transparent with everyone and let you know how I'm spending my time.

Finally, the new game still has a long way to go, Demon Boy is my first priority and I don't want to delay the next update of Demon Boy any longer than necessary. Demon Boy chapter 5 will be the first thing I release.

I hope you understand,

EroMersive
I think ERO has made it very clear in this message that his priority remains Demon Boy ch5 and I like the idea of a new game as well.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes