lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Weekly Update - #1 December
Hi Everyone,
Another weekly update here in the final stages before the next release.
First off, I really hoped I would have been able to release the Chapter before this update. Unfortunately, I still had a lot of work to do with revisions this week (more than I expected).
During revision, I check for grammar mistakes and other bugs, but most importantly I check the flow of the story and add or remove elements where needed. This also includes visual elements like images or animations, which can cause quite a bit of unexpected delays.
As I already stressed during the release of a previous Chapter, this stage is crucial for the quality of the new content. That means I intend to do it right, and I'll release the Chapter once it's ready.
For all Demon tier supporters... November's wallpaper will be out on Sunday! The winning suggestion is by Sumatra3D and features Nicole, George, a dark hotel room, and possibly even breast milk, so stay tuned for that!
Have a good weekend everybody,
EroMersive
I'm fan of Ero and this game, but i'll never understand or find reasonable this trend of devs to increase time to release updates as the support grow. It's fucking ilogical and kills all the hype and goodwill devs builded when they started.

While this flawed mentallity stands, this fuckton of projects in limbo taking ages to updated/completed and/or ended up abandoned will only increase.

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
I'm fan of Ero and this game, but i'll never understand or find reasonable this trend of devs to increase time to release updates as the support grow. It's fucking ilogical and kills all the hype and goodwill devs builded when they started.

While this flawed mentallity stands, this fuckton of projects in limbo taking ages to updated/completed and/or ended up abandoned will only increase.
i think people have lives maybe but i dunno.

Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018
Question. Are all the people that are mad it hasn't come out yet patrons? Slipping the dev a couple of bucks at least. That's it, just curious. Not trying to start shit.
Even the patrons under the weekly post are frustrated in the comments, though most are being a lot more respectful with their approach compared to here for the most part.
Sending more money also won't fix the issues since tbh these delays seem mainly due to Ero's lack of motivation and not the lack of resources.

He's mentioned multiple times that he's been burnt out throughout chapter four and five's development.
To add on, Ero gains a ton of more support after each update and still has had issues like this leading into developing a new chapter.

A seven month span between updates is a long time and chapter five might be the biggest update yet, but will it be worth the wait for a patron who's supported for all those months? It's pretty hard to tell, however the status update last week with "I'll be working round the clock to be able to release it before the end of next week" going to "I really hoped I would have been able to release the Chapter before this update. Unfortunately, I still had a lot of work to do with revisions this week (more than I expected)" this week shows that while Ero has done better at communicating, it's still frustrating for the supporters that now have to pay for another month on Patreon with December.

Each update will get bigger which means it'll take more time to make, if Ero wants to continue this project it would be in his best interest to try and find a better system at developing this game and keep himself motivated since at this rate the next chapter after this upcoming release might take up to eight or nine months which is gonna very difficult for people who already support this game.

j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
Even the patrons under the weekly post are frustrated in the comments, though most are being a lot more respectful with their approach compared to here for the most part.
Sending more money also won't fix the issues since tbh these delays seem mainly due to Ero's lack of motivation and not the lack of resources.

He's mentioned multiple times that he's been burnt out throughout chapter four and five's development.
To add on, Ero gains a ton of more support after each update and still has had issues like this leading into developing a new chapter.

A seven month span between updates is a long time and chapter five might be the biggest update yet, but will it be worth the wait for a patron who's supported for all those months? It's pretty hard to tell, however the status update last week with "I'll be working round the clock to be able to release it before the end of next week" going to "I really hoped I would have been able to release the Chapter before this update. Unfortunately, I still had a lot of work to do with revisions this week (more than I expected)" this week shows that while Ero has done better at communicating, it's still frustrating for the supporters that now have to pay for another month on Patreon with December.

Each update will get bigger which means it'll take more time to make, if Ero wants to continue this project it would be in his best interest to try and find a better system at developing this game and keep himself motivated since at this rate the next chapter after this upcoming release might take up to eight or nine months which is gonna very difficult for people who already support this game.
3-5 months interval updates usually quells the masses lol

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017

With another game, we will be lucky if we get next update of Demon Boy in 8-9 months.
I am afraid that it's possible 2023 to pass without a single update.

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018
With another game, we will be lucky if we get next update of Demon Boy in 8-9 months.
I am afraid that it's possible 2023 to pass without a single update.
Yeah that 8-9 months prediction might be even longer considering that he's gonna working on that other game right after this.
If he wants to keep doing this project going and gather support from people on Patreon, he's got to make a big explanation on what's next after this chapter release.

His supporters deserve to know how much time he's gonna be devoting to DB afterwards. I know these projects take time, but people should know if these updates are gonna always take 6+ months from now on.

While these updates are packed with a good amount of high quality content, they are not by any means mega updates and this is overall a pretty slow paced story so the waiting time kinda makes it hard for Patrons to know if they should even wait for that long considering the time between updates.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes