armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Yeah that 8-9 months prediction might be even longer considering that he's gonna working on that other game right after this.
If he wants to keep doing this project going and gather support from people on Patreon, he's got to make a big explanation on what's next after this chapter release.

His supporters deserve to know how much time he's gonna be devoting to DB afterwards. I know these projects take time, but people should know if these updates are gonna always take 6+ months from now on.

While these updates are packed with a good amount of high quality content, they are not by any means mega updates and this is overall a pretty slow paced story so the waiting time kinda makes it hard for Patrons to know if they should even wait for that long considering the time between updates.
If we take for example Iccreations it took him more than 1 year,almost year and a half for another update of his main game.

He was worrying about his new game a lot. Instead he should have focused more on Demon Boy.

What made him think that he could release update the previous week, if cant finish update this week? I say major miscalculation.

after Demon boy last update someone said that next update may come in September end and I thought this dude is so wrong. I expected it to come in august. Well that guy is so wrong.:sneaky:
That reminds me of another game.
Years ago I was arguing there is no way the game to be completed in 3-4 years and it will take at least 6-7.
I was wrong because right now,looks like the game will take at least 20 years to be completed.

Last edited:

jonnybravo11

Apr 4, 2019
He was worrying about his new game a lot. Instead he should have focused more on Demon Boy.

What made him think that he could release update the previous week, if cant finish update this week? I say major miscalculation.

after Demon boy last update someone said that next update may come in September end and I thought this dude is so wrong. I expected it to come in august. Well that guy is so wrong.:sneaky:

paula789

May 2, 2017
Dev posted a few weeks ago that on his progress chart it was 99 percent done yet it still isnt out lol, kinda feels like milking an extra month of money.
That 99% may be miscalculation, but how he thought of a surprise release last weekend? Now he's talking about grammar mistakes, addition and removal of visual elements, unexpected delays, etc. He's too slow :p.

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020

Desbloqueado

Hey guys!
Apologies for skipping last week's post, but I was feeling a bit under the weather both physically and mentally.
After spending a couple of days doing some difficult soul-searching, I realized I'd been pushing myself to spend all my time and attention on one thing for so long, that I had difficulty getting much fulfillment from it anymore.
Now, it's not the first time this happened to me. And I know that usually, it helps if I'm able to move away from it for a while to focus my attention on something else and find other ways of being creative.
That's why I decided to go ahead and launch the development of a different game. It's an idea I've been playing with for a while now, and I'm really looking forward to working on it.

Here's some info about the new game:
  • The game revolves around a young guys, who's a model photographer. His life gets mixed in with a girl from his class and her celebrity "landlady" after which more and more hot photo gigs will present themselves to him. Now, I can't say much more about the plot, but I think you'll guys enjoy it. For a title, I was thinking I'd call it "Lewd Photographer"...
  • The points and choice system will be different than Demon Boys. It's going to be much simpler and hopefully more intuitive.
  • The game has an arcade element. I've been working on a mini-game/skill check that will trigger every time the player does a photo shoot with one of the characters. Completing the skill checks successfully for each picture will allow the player to continue further into the photo shoot and unlock hotter and hotter scenes.

• As you may have noticed from the title of this post, the graphics will be improved significantly. Check out the character previews that I've added to this post and make sure to let me know your thoughts!

And last but not least... Don't worry guys. Demon Boy development will continue! For next week you can expect another update. Only now, I'll share news on both games.
I hope you guys understand.
Love,
Ero

(My P.S:) I don´t really like the idea of him working on two games at the same time, don't wanna have only one demon boy update per year.
Hey, can someone reshare the sneak peek photos of his new game? Based on the "plot" so far it doesn't sound good and IMO basic. So I would like to see the "significantly improved graphics".

T. Jin

Apr 3, 2022
I'm telling you guys.... This dev hasn't done a shit. He may have completed 50% out of 100% and giving excuses about it. He might be taking time in his new game by not bothering much about the present one. As all easy mind goes... I can do this in one day. That one day become a week, week become a month and month become a year and year comes to ABANDONED!!!

I mean like wtf? Focus on one, it's been doing good and been gaining lots of attention. Why do the roundabout? Be a one minded LMAO. Why the distraction? Finish the one that started. Now this dev must be scratching his mind cuz of effort, content, frustation and distraction.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Weekly Update - #1 December
Hi Everyone,
Another weekly update here in the final stages before the next release.
First off, I really hoped I would have been able to release the Chapter before this update. Unfortunately, I still had a lot of work to do with revisions this week (more than I expected).
During revision, I check for grammar mistakes and other bugs, but most importantly I check the flow of the story and add or remove elements where needed. This also includes visual elements like images or animations, which can cause quite a bit of unexpected delays.
As I already stressed during the release of a previous Chapter, this stage is crucial for the quality of the new content. That means I intend to do it right, and I'll release the Chapter once it's ready.
For all Demon tier supporters... November's wallpaper will be out on Sunday! The winning suggestion is by Sumatra3D and features Nicole, George, a dark hotel room, and possibly even breast milk, so stay tuned for that!
Have a good weekend everybody,
EroMersive
As a fellow Dutch man, I'm really disappointed in him.

Lecastel

Aug 15, 2018
ive seen this scenario a hundred times either:
1. ero keeps stalling because the truth is he hasnt finish the work yet,remember he burnt out means he lost interest so maybe in reality theres no update.
2. there is update but its the last update before it gets abandon.
all my fave games gets abandoned eg:
Our Fate
My Sweet Neighbors
Inertia

Dutch7

Mar 4, 2021
From the previews I've seen from Chapter 5, I'd say it will definitely be worth the wait.

princess bride

Aug 18, 2018
Even the patrons under the weekly post are frustrated in the comments, though most are being a lot more respectful with their approach compared to here for the most part.
Sending more money also won't fix the issues since tbh these delays seem mainly due to Ero's lack of motivation and not the lack of resources.

He's mentioned multiple times that he's been burnt out throughout chapter four and five's development.
To add on, Ero gains a ton of more support after each update and still has had issues like this leading into developing a new chapter.

A seven month span between updates is a long time and chapter five might be the biggest update yet, but will it be worth the wait for a patron who's supported for all those months? It's pretty hard to tell, however the status update last week with "I'll be working round the clock to be able to release it before the end of next week" going to "I really hoped I would have been able to release the Chapter before this update. Unfortunately, I still had a lot of work to do with revisions this week (more than I expected)" this week shows that while Ero has done better at communicating, it's still frustrating for the supporters that now have to pay for another month on Patreon with December.

Each update will get bigger which means it'll take more time to make, if Ero wants to continue this project it would be in his best interest to try and find a better system at developing this game and keep himself motivated since at this rate the next chapter after this upcoming release might take up to eight or nine months which is gonna very difficult for people who already support this game.
The best thing he can do I guess to better adapt the time between updates and not lose interest is not release the FULL chapter because they'll only get longer as you said, instead release pieces of the chapter within a two-month period, that way Ero won't lose revenue won't decline and we as the audience will be more invested.

hmmboy22

Jan 19, 2021
ero keeps stalling because the truth is he hasnt finish the work yet,remember he burnt out means he lost interest so maybe in reality theres no update.

If you had written this a month ago, I would have argued with you, but now, unfortunately, this is probably the truth. The revision period will fill almost 2 months, and new update should have come out two weeks ago...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ActiveShooter
4.30 star(s) 124 Votes