Zakko

Lead Dev of Demon Deals
Game Developer
Jun 4, 2017
idk why that ruins things. also have same error
The post you quoted has the reason for the error edited in. You need to have the v.05 public version - that is what you apply the v.05.1 patch to. Applying it to the beta will just break it.

About that, the progress tracker haven't been updated at all. Is it because you still haven't advanced on version 0.5.5 or because you have to change it manually?
It is updated manually once a week, usually on Sundays unless something gets in the way.

Reactions: Count Morado

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
That's because your suggestions aren't that good, not because I work with the dev.
You didn't even understand them as your last post clearly showed, which is why I have given up on you.

All the problems you've mentioned were problems that you made completely up. They weren't part of my suggestions, but they have shown that you don't know too much about game design since they just revealed the bad approaches you would take, which'd lead to the problems you've listed. You seem not even be able to differ between problems that you created with your bad fictional approaches of how to do it, and the actual suggestions I've made.

But nevermind.

$AREZ

Big Baller
Game Developer
May 8, 2020
Art looks like old Bones Tales, I like it. Cant wait to see the update(y):love:

nierguyof

Feb 5, 2020
You didn't even understand them as your last post clearly showed, which is why I have given up on you.

All the problems you've mentioned were problems that you made completely up. They weren't part of my suggestions, but they have shown that you don't know too much about game design since they just revealed the bad approaches you would take, which'd lead to the problems you've listed. You seem not even be able to differ between problems that you created with your bad fictional approaches of how to do it, and the actual suggestions I've made.

But nevermind.
my brother in christ, you were complaining about a game having dead ends while the game is still in development.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Clearly not. You started with saying you should tie the town map with character storylines. Problem with that is, most quests are fetch quest. Go here, do that. With a limited number of locations, the fetch quests get easier because you already know the locations. Tieing the map to characters requires more locations that become obsolete once those characters are finished (and would become dead ends while now they can be re-used for other characters). Your suggestion that locations can be revisited just means that early characters are limited to one area, while newer characters have more locations to use. That's an imbalance.

Then you make a suggestion of putting all stores in a single district or splitting them up in two districts, which is already the case. In fact, all of your suggestions concerning the map is already how it is implemented, just in more districts than you'd like. All your sollutions to my "problems" are stuff that are already in the game and that you complain about.

Then maybe you should make your suggestions clearer, because they're hard to understand. Because all those problems I created I took from your suggestions.

It seems your only beef is that there's too many characters being introduced and not enough to do yet. Again, it's version 0.5. We just started. We're in for a long ride, so buckle up, sonny.

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
my brother in christ, you were complaining about a game having dead ends while the game is still in development.
Nope, I wasn't. You seem also not to understand what I was saying.

Clearly not. You started with saying you should tie the town map with character storylines. Problem with that is, most quests are fetch quest. Go here, do that. With a limited number of locations, the fetch quests get easier because you already know the locations.
Wrong. No character needs to visit all the 1000 places. So you would obviously start with a selection of some universal and some specific places that are being used by your first XX characters, so that there's enough variety. Later, you can add new parts of the city with new stores and places to expand their story naturally.

I've explained this 3 times to you now, let's see if you finally get it or still make up problems that don't exist.

Then you make a suggestion of putting all stores in a single district or splitting them up in two districts, which is already the case.
Not "all". All of those that are going to be part of the first 1/4 of the game. Nothing different than now, just not all of it avaiable.

In fact, all of your suggestions concerning the map is already how it is implemented, just in more districts than you'd like.
That really isn't the point.

Because all those problems I created I took from your suggestions.
No, you completely made them up.

It seems your only beef is that there's too many characters being introduced and not enough to do yet. Again, it's version 0.5. We just started. We're in for a long ride, so buckle up, sonny.
I've explained how version 0.5 could've been tighter, more focused and rewarding with further progressed questlines without sacrificing depth or long-run development.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
So you would obviously start with a selection of some universal and some specific places that are being used by your first XX characters, so that there's enough variety. Later, you can add new parts of the city with new stores and places to expand their story naturally.
And then those new stores will become dead ends, which you are complaining about now.
Not "all". All of those that are going to be part of the first 1/4 of the game. Nothing different than now, just not all of it avaiable.
But they are available, and, well, used.
I've explained how version 0.5 could've been tighter, more focused and rewarding with further progressed questlines without sacrificing depth or long-run development.
I think 0.5 is tight already considering we've had a fully progressed questline. In fact, with the "less developped" questlines, the character introduction is more natural than "oh, we meet a random person out of the blue, let's try to fuck her".

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
And then those new stores will become dead ends, which you are complaining about now.
Lmao. Why would they become dead ends? That's exactly the shit you make up. Just make them not dead ends and plan them in a fashion that they have multiple functions for different characters.

It's basically the same it is right now, just that the regions would unlock later. You're basically arguing against your argument while you try to make it look like there would be a logic flaw in my suggestion.

But they are available, and, well, used.
That isn't the point.

I think 0.5 is tight already considering we've had a fully progressed questline.
Too many dead ends and snippets lying around in the same time, can reduce.

In fact, with the "less developped" questlines, the character introduction is more natural than "oh, we meet a random person out of the blue, let's try to fuck her".
Indeed, luckily nobody suggested to add random characters that would be fuckable out of the blue.

Right, because the whole 272 pages should be just two people. Got it.
Feel free to engage.

Zakko

Lead Dev of Demon Deals
Game Developer
Jun 4, 2017
I know he's not the developer but he did answer my questions about the development multiple times before, so I guess he works with him or something.
Demon Deals Team:
Breadman - Creator, Artist
Ghost Moth - Lead Writer
Zakko - Lead Developer

We do of course communicate with people regarding the game when it comes to stuff such as commissioned characters, but the above is the full team.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Why would they become dead ends?
Because you're the one who suggested area's tied to certain characters. Once the questline for those characters is done, there's no more reason to go there, so that's a dead end.
Just make them not dead ends and plan them in a fashion that they have multiple functions for different characters.
As it is now?
It's basically the same it is right now, just that the regions would unlock later.
Oh, exactly as it is now. But why unlock later if you can unlock it now? It makes more sense to tell the player "hey, you can find stores in the store district" rather than "go find this new store somewhere in another area".
That isn't the point.
Then what is the point? That there isn't enough to do yet? Again, start of the development. Give it time. We barely made it past the intro.
Indeed, luckily nobody suggested to add random characters that would be fuckable out of the blue.
Then how would you introduce new characters if you want to put in complete questlines from the get go? Because you can't use them anymore to introduce them, since that would lead, again, to "dead ends" as you put it.

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes