Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
@Fuchsschweif and @SuddenReal

Please move your dissertation defenses to PMs...
Alright, let me just reply a last time because there's so much misinformation in the last post. After then I'll stay away from discussing this here further, promised.

Because you're the one who suggested area's tied to certain characters.
No, I didn't - and that's what I say all the time, you seem still not to understand my suggestion as a whole.

I said it's better to start off with 1/4 of the game and deliver more streamlined content in each update rather than having the whole empty open world right from the start.

Then you said "They can't do this. What if a character needs one of the stores in its storyline that is part of the map that's not avaiable yet?"

This is (!) when I said: You would of course plan it out from the beginning in a fashion that all the neccessary buildings are there. So if you know one of your characters requires to go to the gym early in the game, then the gym is an obvious choice for the first 1/4 of the game. And if you want some chars to have a coffe-shop date in the first quarter of the game, the coffee shop is another obvious choice.

I hope you got it now. I also said that there must not be a specific shop for every single event on the world map. They could, and I repeat that, add something like a taxi, subway or whatever for quick travel to go to certain locations where you'd then just spawn interior right away. Also special events can be approached with fade in / outs, let's say a romantic restaurant visit that is only supposed to happen once in game, when they don't want to implement that into the city.

Tons of ways to get creative when implementing things.

The previously built stores aren't any dead ends, they can be used further as the map expanses and the story progresses. Who said you can't do another questline or sidequest at 80% of the game progression that leads back to the coffee shop or gym from the beginning with newer characters?

As it is now?
Exactly.
Just.
Not.
All.
At.
Once.

*grunts*

But why unlock later if you can unlock it now?
Because this way developers can ensure players will for now experience only areas that matter, without running around and exploring for nothing since there's almost nothing to explore yet. Also they can put more love and effort into those parts for now and add other things later when they become important.

Again, start of the development. Give it time. We barely made it past the intro.
That's not the point.
The point is what we could've now if focus was tighter. And the same goes for every upcoming update.
So I'm sure this is valuable feedback for the creators.

It's simply not practical to do the whole bottom-up approach at once, for an open world if early access and playability is the goal.

Then how would you introduce new characters if you want to put in complete questlines from the get go?
Complete questlines doesn't mean complete character questline finished. It just means that a particular
questline for that char is done. For instance, the gym line with Cassie, even if she will have 10 other questlines later.

So there's no problem - if cleverly planned - to introduce new characters mid-game and implement them into already
existing story arcs.

/ Over and out.

Reactions: Sukme

GhostMoth

Lead Writer of Demon Deals
Game Developer
Dec 6, 2022
I think the nice thing about the framework we have now is that we're constantly moving the plot forward. If we're not focusing on the fan voted girl, we're revisiting the cast in MC's immediate vicinity (namely his family). It's our goal to great a "slow burn" that doesn't feel tedious, but assist the player in connecting with these characters and ultimately result in a bigger payoff when it comes. Sabrina was our first character driven build, and we hope it met our community's ever rising standards. If we're doing our jobs right, Brenda will not only be a hit, but also shift favorite lists around yet again. Everyone has their most beloved girl, but I want to see if we can make you fall in love with everyone on some level as we go.

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
I think the nice thing about the framework we have now is that we're constantly moving the plot forward. If we're not focusing on the fan voted girl, we're revisiting the cast in MC's immediate vicinity (namely his family). It's our goal to great a "slow burn" that doesn't feel tedious, but assist the player in connecting with these characters and ultimately result in a bigger payoff when it comes. Sabrina was our first character driven build, and we hope it met our community's ever rising standards. If we're doing our jobs right, Brenda will not only be a hit, but also shift favorite lists around yet again. Everyone has their most beloved girl, but I want to see if we can make you fall in love with everyone on some level as we go.
I really think though that you're working on a great game, I especially love the art, animations are so great!
If I may add some additional feedback:

1. Few games have this, but it's very nice: Idle animations after cum, so that a scene doesn't end with a static picture but still has some motion (breathing of the chars and so on) going on after the cum.

2. I felt the MC was a bit out of his character when he spoke so bad and dominant with the girl behind the school yard giving him a blowjob. It's not his character (at least yet) to talk this bad to people.

3. I hope mind control tricks with his devil power won't be too much of a focus, especially not with the mom. I think it feels so much more rewarding to work towards a character getting actual affection for you, rather than just cheating a person into something she wouldn't do with you if you didn't manipulate her. I know this is a main aspect of your game so you will make a certain use of it, I still hope there will be a decent balance or optionality.

nierguyof

Feb 5, 2020
Nope, I wasn't. You seem also not to understand what I was saying.
its the first thing you've said right after claiming its unorgnized (which its not due to each map holding development value due to some of the character placements). im not going to continue this out of repect for the devs. so id suggest looking at how mmos or large scale rpgs maps are created and compare the dead ends in each game. :HideThePain: the gym will have more stuff if you give it time my friend

nierguyof

Feb 5, 2020
genuily like the built up to the relationship with the milf (not naming anyone out of respect) most other games ether make it agonizingly slow or usually give up half way and your already balls deep in them. its a good slow burn that reminds me of k-prison or town of passion.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Rattatonga

Nov 8, 2017
Katie Linnet (near bottom right) joined The Bed™ this stream!
View attachment 2352986
If this bed get's any bigger, the MC can rent it out to the navy to use as an aircraft carrier...
...I mean there probably already F-18's launching off Ashley's ass anyways....

Jo I think your sister is around...
MC: Huh? Really...I can't see her!
Just listen dude...
* from around the corner * HIIIGHWAAAY TO THE DANGER ZOOONE...

Or something like that :unsure:

BigPepper

Sep 17, 2022
No rush obviously, but when do you think the next update is coming? I'm willing to wait as long as I need to.

BreadManGames

Satan's Baker
Game Developer
Oct 17, 2021
No rush obviously, but when do you think the next update is coming? I'm willing to wait as long as I need to.
I don't give dates ahead of time, both to not put undue pressure on myself and to not have the risk of letting people down when a deadline is missed or pushed. Best guesstimate I can give is that v.05 took ~6mo, 5.5 is about half the size and I got back to full-time work around Jan. 11th. I regularly post progress logs on substar and the Discord, so people can get an idea of where I am and what I still have left.

Gregtex

May 13, 2021
I don't give dates ahead of time, both to not put undue pressure on myself and to not have the risk of letting people down when a deadline is missed or pushed. Best guesstimate I can give is that v.05 took ~6mo, 5.5 is about half the size and I got back to full-time work around Jan. 11th. I regularly post progress logs on substar and the Discord, so people can get an idea of where I am and what I still have left.
Back to full time? Congrats. Don't overdo it with other work then. Dont want you to go down the burnout road

BigPepper

Sep 17, 2022
Ah, I see. Excited for 5.5! :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: BreadManGames

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Here is the officer Sam in full color, one of my favorite girls, I already have several fan arts in mind for the future, I think now it's time to continue his pretty girlfriend Bex 7u7r View attachment 2355624
Love the top right, she does seem the type to go undercover on the cheerleader squad and get into all sorts of trouble
(BreadManGames ...hint...hint)

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes