Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Hmm, ok. I only mentioned it said last year because someone presented it as the current content being worked on, and they presented it in the past two weeks.. So it was more 'huh, is the content really that old' that prompted me to post it. :) Sorry for any confusion on that.
No, they didn't. You somehow conflated that with something else in your mind.
This was the conversation chain about the image. Note the second quote in that chain saying it was "from ages ago." Hope this helps lessen the confusion for anyone else, as well.
What is people's obsession with babs lol, honestly might be the worst appealing character in the game. I guess people like their preferences.
It is because of that teaser from ages ago.
Mind sharing that? I need to understand these people better...
I will try to find it. ETA 1 hour.

My bad, it was a doodlestream.

View attachment 2778639
This 'doodle' says it's a year old...

Reactions: Ozygator

RiffRaff0682

Aug 3, 2017
Soo they are 3 weeks away of finishing production phase and then wait for another 3 to 4 weeks for the release, nice!
That is at best a guess. The Dev's never give a release estimate, so anything you see is pure speculation based on the progress logs.

The team will give a date 2 weeks before release, usually when they do the final phase, post production/testing.

Reactions: sqanze001

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I based my deduction by analyzing weekly progress of previous and current development reports, im no one to say when they are going to release anything, but im optimistic.
It's not bad math, I'm not saying that.

It's taken 19 weeks to get to 85% and 80% finalized of art and code (working on another 5% in both). That falls in line with your prediction. But it's still false expectations, assuming linear progress, without taking into consideration unforeseen circumstances, etc. You may end up being right; others have been correct before.

The point is though, a measurable number of people read unofficial estimations and begin to believe them. In the cases when reality does not match unofficial estimations, those people don't get mad at the player who posted the estimation - but they blame the developer for breaking promises.

That is one of the reasons why personal estimations should remain just that. Personal and private. For the greater good.

1728750941983.png

Zardoz23

Jan 28, 2021
That is one of the reasons why personal estimations should remain just that. Personal and private. For the greater good.

View attachment 4125454
People don't like waiting. They dislike waiting even more when they don't know how long they have to wait. And now you want to prohibit the time honored tradition of guessing how much time is left to wait!? What are you going to do, threaten to turn this game around?

I may not like the children in the back seat constantly asking "Are we there yet?" But I will defend their god-given right to ask it damnit!

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
People don't like waiting. They dislike waiting even more when they don't know how long they have to wait. And now you want to prohibit the time honored tradition of guessing how much time is left to wait!? What are you going to do, threaten to turn this game around?

I may not like the children in the back seat constantly asking "Are we there yet?" But I will defend their god-given right to ask it damnit!
I am one of the 30%
1728752360573.png

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
if i may to the dev and his team if peps get mad because of that just pay them no heed because it's there lose not yours after all it's a game and some of the best take time. yall still come here and let peps now the game is still going so just finish what your doing and ignore those who get mad lol

RiffRaff0682

Aug 3, 2017

Its more of a thing of phrasing... the above was written almost statement of fact. A simple 'my guess is x' would defuse that.

Because the idiots with no thumbs take one of us rando's guesses as fact, when it isn't met, they get upset, when they get upset, they not only post nonsense here, a given portion go on to harass the dev team for breaking a promise they never made in the first place.

Easiest way to counter most of that is to either a: keep your predictions private/amongst friends or b: use language that makes it clear you are guessing and are in no way some person with 'secret' knowledge. OR 3: Track down the idiots with no thumbs and drown them in bleach.

Unfortunately option 3 is impossible/illegal in most jurisdictions so option1 or 2 will have to do

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
no.... no more of that garbage.... full on fuck. if it doesnt happen by next update im never looking at this game again. b
Enjoy your explorations with other games.
It's been stated many times over the past 2 years or so that it won't happen until around v0.10 or so - starting well before your first appearance in this thread.

We won't be sad to see you go.
buhbye.gif

4.50 star(s) 155 Votes