James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
so all the translation patches that were dropping since first page are now integrated in the game rar file? ( need to knows this to check if i have to download additional files)
I try to incorporate the patches and update the game as soon as possible whenever a new patch is released. At this moment, the answer to your question is yes, all the current patches have been added to the game.

If you're wondering about that in the future, check the changelog and then compare the latest version there to the versions in the download links, just in case not all links have been updated.

arucard34

Jun 8, 2020
thanks for answer my question ill be downloading the game again with the patchs :D thanks for updating it

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Question about Variable 1, when you translated some of it did you also look for the comparison conditions?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Once again, thank you for your help. And I would've used a script, had I known that it was even an option and how to do so.

This is my first translation, I literally poured myself some coffee, booted up Translator++, opened DeepL and got to work. I read Silentce's Beginners Guide to Translating RPGM and googled some queries, but for the most part I learned through trial and error.

The tools and tips you provided will definitely be of use if I decide to translate another game, but if didn't do something easy or obvious for this project, it's because I didn't know how to, or even that it was possible.

I'd really appreciated it if you could throw some links my way so that I can read up on setting up search and replace scripts, along with what those comparison conditions are and how to more easily find game variables. There are still the demon children special attributes left to translate, so I could practice on them.

Also, could you share your process for modifying the game files? I'd assume that you open them in RPGMV and then continue from there on out, but I'd like to make sure that I know what the best way to do it is.

On a side note, I'll hold off from updating the translation for now, mainly because I feel bad that every day some poor moderator has to update the Zippy and Nopy links due to me doing a shoddy job at translating the game and someone else having to clean up after me.

I'll put a link to the patch below the links and then update the game files either when I manage to translate the demon child attributes or when a bit more time has passed.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Once again, thank you for your help. And I would've used a script, had I known that it was even an option and how to do so.

This is my first translation, I literally poured myself some coffee, booted up Translator++, opened DeepL and got to work. I read Silentce's Beginners Guide to Translating RPGM and googled some queries, but for the most part I learned through trial and error.
Trial and error works. Nothing like a good trial by fire to get one dancing mad :LOL:

The tools and tips you provided will definitely be of use if I decide to translate another game, but if didn't do something easy or obvious for this project, it's because I didn't know how to, or even that it was possible.
That usually is what different perspectives will provide with time.

I'd really appreciated it if you could throw some links my way so that I can read up on setting up search and replace scripts, along with what those comparison conditions are and how to more easily find game variables. There are still the demon children special attributes left to translate, so I could practice on them.
I actually did that using & . While a few codes I picked up from various translation RPG Maker projects tells me what the raw commands do. There really isn't a right tool so much as right tools, understanding the pros and cons of each tool helps improve your overall quality as a translator which I'm sure you realize has it's own challenges.

Would you mind giving a screenshot of one of these demon children attributes you mentioned? I would probably try capturing the text with , hope I don't need to use Adobe Photoshop to clean up the image, using AstroGrep to search through the *.json and *.js files though if I go argh then *.*, if I found it's location I would open that in RPG Maker MV to get the pretty interpretation of how it looks, try to look up an corresponding points, either make a lookup table compiling notes in Notepad++ so I only had to edit the display part instead of reworking vast sections of the engine (If it's already partially edited then it's the fated hour moment of do you turn back or push on until done?), if it would be easier just to do a search & replace then Notepad++ Find in Files is a nice feature (Just be careful that you are searching of somewhat unique strings else you're gonna have a bad time...), some testing to see if things are good, and finally present the results.

The Unicode Character Codes though are something Translator++ injects into the project... That can make simple searches for Japanese Characters a little more challenging but if you have a copy of the Raw JP game it's only a bit of an inconvenience :HideThePain:

Also, could you share your process for modifying the game files? I'd assume that you open them in RPGMV and then continue from there on out, but I'd like to make sure that I know what the best way to do it is.
Sadly I mostly went over it in the curiosity bit above :whistle: Luckily RPG Maker MV is more web focused so a lot of text is easily searchable.

On a side note, I'll hold off from updating the translation for now, mainly because I feel bad that every day some poor moderator has to update the Zippy and Nopy links due to me doing a shoddy job at translating the game and someone else having to clean up after me.
Fair enough. Along with the Child Attributes is there anything else on the wish list?

I'll put a link to the patch below the links and then update the game files either when I manage to translate the demon child attributes or when a bit more time has passed.
You could also upload a smaller file with Translation Fixes, have a mod make a link to that on the front page, and update that post. That way fans can stay on top of the bug fixes and they don't have to download all the other assets that haven't changed between releases.

Something like WinMerge helps with that
https://f95zone.to/threads/winmerge-a-very-useful-tool-for-renpy-etc-modders.19810/

Last edited:
Reactions: f9account

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Trial and error works. Nothing like a good trial by fire to get one dancing mad :LOL:

That usually is what different perspectives will provide with time.

I actually did that using & . While a few codes I picked up from various translation RPG Maker projects tells me what the raw commands do. There really isn't a right tool so much as right tools, understanding the pros and cons of each tool helps improve your overall quality as a translator which I'm sure you realize has it's own challenges.

Would you mind giving a screenshot of one of these demon children attributes you mentioned? I would probably try capturing the text with , hope I don't need to use Adobe Photoshop to clean up the image, using AstroGrep to search through the *.json and *.js files though if I go argh then *.*, if I found it's location I would open that in RPG Maker MV to get the pretty interpretation of how it looks, try to look up an corresponding points, either make a lookup table compiling notes in Notepad++ so I only had to edit the display part instead of reworking vast sections of the engine (If it's already partially edited then it's the fated hour moment of do you turn back or push on until done?), if it would be easier just to do a search & replace then Notepad++ Find in Files is a nice feature (Just be careful that you are searching of somewhat unique strings else you're gonna have a bad time...), some testing to see if things are good, and finally present the results.

The Unicode Character Codes though are something Translator++ injects into the project... That can make simple searches for Japanese Characters a little more challenging but if you have a copy of the Raw JP game it's only a bit of an inconvenience :HideThePain:

Sadly I mostly went over it in the curiosity bit above :whistle: Luckily RPG Maker MV is more web focused so a lot of text is easily searchable.

Fair enough. Along with the Child Attributes is there anything else on the wish list?

You could also upload a smaller file with Translation Fixes, have a mod make a link to that on the front page, and update that post. That way fans can stay on top of the bug fixes and they don't have to download all the other assets that haven't changed between releases.

Something like WinMerge helps with that
https://f95zone.to/threads/winmerge-a-very-useful-tool-for-renpy-etc-modders.19810/
Alright, there's a bunch to unpack here. Tackling this challenge will be interesting.
Would you mind giving a screenshot of one of these demon children attributes you mentioned?
Here are the pictures of the demon children attributes. I found them in RPGMV as text, but felt that translating them by hand would take too much time and effort for too little a return, aka it would take me a couple of hours to translate, test and upload what no one might even look at. Hopefully I'll be able to get this all done in an easier and more automated way.
The Unicode Character Codes though are something Translator++ injects into the project...
Hmmm, so using Translator++ has other adverse effect to the translation, huh... That's a bummer, it allows for a much easier time editing and translating text, even if it does requite some workarounds.
You could also upload a smaller file with Translation Fixes...
The WinMerge tool looks interesting, so I'll give it a try.

Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
While some of that "Looks" like text it really isn't.
Sometimes a useful underappreciated Developer Feature in RPG Maker MV is F9 Debug Menu which can be accessed in Test Mode.

As for the data that matters
Code:
'再建された魔王城にて育成中'
'Currently at the Demon Kings Castle'

'魔界貴族が引き取り育成中'
'Currently with Demon Nobles'

'亜人族の族長のもとに預けられる'
'Currently with Demi-Humans'
Using Notepad++ you can do a basic search/replace on these to save time but Translator++ does condense these points better.
2021-05-21_11-19-40.png
Now the little bit about data that is already in a save file.
MV Scripts are JavaScript so if you wanted to look that up. Just gonna wrap the previous case statement in a for loop because lazy... Seems this would go nicely in Map 3 and 41 though it's really just for people that have an old save with Japanese Data in it. New Game fans won't see this bit.
Code:
var i;
for (i = 81; i <= 85; i++) {
  switch($gameVariables.value(i)) {
  case '亜人族の族長のもとに預けられる': $gameVariables.setValue(i, 'Currently with Demi-Humans'); break;
  case '魔界貴族が引き取り育成中': $gameVariables.setValue(i, 'Currently with Demon Nobles'); break;
  case '再建された魔王城にて育成中': $gameVariables.setValue(i, 'Currently at the Demon Kings Castle'); break;
  }
}
Using Save 3 since it already has kids
2021-05-21_11-35-42.png

Hmmm, so using Translator++ has other adverse effect to the translation, huh... That's a bummer, it allows for a much easier time editing and translating text, even if it does requite some workarounds.
Pro and Cons to each tool. For Translator++'s convenience you tend to give up some control in manipulating data. But I'll admit it's search feature is superior to the native one in RPG Maker MV (Or any other RPG Maker Engine... They really suck at searches:cry:)

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Here is the Gallery Thumbnail Translations.

Tutorial Translation

Last edited:

PurpleSquish

Jan 22, 2019
I must confess I have a weak spot for the brother-sister romance games so this game its a must play.

If you are like me you can also try the game "Imouto control room" ( ) although its japanese you can use Mtool or translator ++ to play.

thank you for the translation James!
I'm in the same boat, thank you so much for the recommendation!

• Hey there
Reactions: Goblin Slayer

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Here is the Gallery Thumbnail Translations.

Tutorial Translation
Alright, dude, you really went the extra mile for this translation. Words can't describe how grateful I am to you.

Your fixes really brought this translation from "alright" to "complete". Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this project!

Would you like to be credited as co-translator?

Reactions: masterdragonson

James Eveleth

Mar 22, 2018
Can this NTR be avoided?
Or is it MC NTR others?
I'll quote a previous post of mine, as well as provide additional information in the spoiler.
Well, there is some incredibly light NTR. All of it optional.

All in all, I think that labeling this game as NTR is misleading and might make some people stay away from it or go in with false expectations, leading to disappointment all around.

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes