Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Minor improvements would be irrelevant and major improvements would look suspicious. Gathering local allys is the best way to take control over any place, everyone fighting for you dont fights against you. Raw power failed already in his first try and this new body cant handle the raw power long enough for a large scaled battle. And he is being investigated because of the dead alumbra scum, even if he didnt really kill him (he was stabbed, you just blasted him away) so he needs to keep a low profile until the one with the knife is found...but that may be a little difficult since astrid protects her...;)

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Will MC ever actually trains for future fights/problems,becouse since he arrived in Hearth he has been almost completely passive in everything he does,and itstead of training and trying to truly improve himself and become stronger the only thing he does is try to get more and more allies,but while they are important he himlself should be a lead by example and not hide and being afraid of practically everything while mostly relaying on his allies to do movast majority of a job for him while himself barely doing anything aside from a few talks
Uhhh, you're aware he HAS to hide his presence, right? Like, he can't use his own magic at all without fear of using too much and being tracked by the alumbra and killed...

Heimeropen

Nov 15, 2019
I might be wrong but this is missing the Monster Girl tag: I know that because I can't find it with that tag in the search engine nor I see the tag myself! And, Demon Girls are definitely classified as Monster Girls.

Ichigo Kurosaki Shiba

Mar 17, 2019
Minor improvements would be irrelevant and major improvements would look suspicious. Gathering local allys is the best way to take control over any place, everyone fighting for you dont fights against you. Raw power failed already in his first try and this new body cant handle the raw power long enough for a large scaled battle. And he is being investigated because of the dead alumbra scum, even if he didnt really kill him (he was stabbed, you just blasted him away) so he needs to keep a low profile until the one with the knife is found...but that may be a little difficult since astrid protects her...;)
Uhhh, you're aware he HAS to hide his presence, right? Like, he can't use his own magic at all without fear of using too much and being tracked by the alumbra and killed...
Still its annoying how he seems to be doing nothing but talking and is constantly afraid of everyone all the time,i just hope there will come a time where he will be able to train/improve and not to constantly hide behind some of the girls back,and be an actual leader that people can rely on and that can protect his girls/harem from many enemies of his/their own

Reactions: IIlllIlllII

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
To act in the open he has to open up. Right now you dont even have all the main girls on your side and more groups prefer to hunt you down than to aid you, its far too early to for a bomb like your real idendity or your plans to take over the whole thing.
First you need the key characters on your side, then pull their groups in your direction, then pacify or eleminate the other groups and gangs you dont have any connections with yet and you need to know every single enemy if you even want to dream about winning...and then, after you have covered your base and know all the threats you need to take them down them without going in an all out war so they cant help each other and the alumbra/arkada dont intervene or even aid your current enemy...right now you are a walking dead guy with the soul of a dead guy and a target on your back, one slip up and you just stop walking.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Didn't Finley teach him how to safely use his powers without leaking power all over the place and getting tracked last update? Or am I getting it confused with something else?

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Sure, but very limited...we could maybe roast some noname soldier without drawing attention, but we cant face a strong opponent without unleashing too much power to hide + while finley isnt some weak girl, she is far from strong enough to help us control the higher/devasting magic...and even with a perfect high level spell to hide your training, the neighbors would still ask some questions if you blow up the house...

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Sure, but very limited...we could maybe roast some noname soldier without drawing attention, but we cant face a strong opponent without unleashing too much power to hide + while finley isnt some weak girl, she is far from strong enough to help us control the higher/devasting magic...and even with a perfect high level spell to hide your training, the neighbors would still ask some questions if you blow up the house...
That's no excuse not to learn though. A: since killing what's-his-face, his reputation is already above his ability, at the very least he wants to be able to live up to what everyone already thinks he can do. B: he can probably learn some more subtle magic that he can use without everyone getting suspicious. C: he doesn't have to use any magic he learns if support is there. If it comes right down to it, which is preferable? 1: Using his magic to defend himself and everyone learning he's stronger than they thought. Or 2: Dying because he's attacked by someone too strong for him and nobody is close enough to help him this time.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Doesnt matter because 1 and 2 will lead to your death until you have enough support/influence/manpower (girlpower in this case) to survive against the arkada and alumbra...at this point we already are in the endgame scenario of hearth...dunno if the demon war is planned in this game or in another.
However, you cant train to the fullest without losing your cover = death
You cant fight to the fullest without losing your cover = death
You cant rush into fights without knowing the enemy, you cant afford to leave any faction out of your plans, you cant even fight back the orchis in the open...what you can do is what you do, anything else would be stupid/deadly and will cost you some allys/LIs.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Didn't Finley teach him how to safely use his powers without leaking power all over the place and getting tracked last update? Or am I getting it confused with something else?
all she gave him was a pendant that covered the stench of his magic, if he actually used his powers it would overpower the amulet. She told him he absolutely cannot use magic or else they'd be able to track him down, even with the amulet on.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
all she gave him was a pendant that covered the stench of his magic, if he actually used his powers it would overpower the amulet. She told him he absolutely cannot use magic or else they'd be able to track him down, even with the amulet on.
That was right at the start, I'm talking about much later on when she teaches him how to use his magic. I thought that they said that learning to use it without leaking power all over the place would mean that he could use it without being tracked.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
That was right at the start, I'm talking about much later on when she teaches him how to use his magic. I thought that they said that learning to use it without leaking power all over the place would mean that he could use it without being tracked.
All she taught us was how to reinforce our aura lol. to survive fatal attacks. she's not taught us how to actually do anything else. we just couldn't reinforce it. she hasn't taught us how to control it. remember, bazrel said he'd never been good at doing that because his vim allowed him to regenerate from any wound. so never had need to learn. we haven't actually had any aura control classes with her as she's not good herself.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
He only learned to focus and control his mana-flow to use his power without wasting most of it. Side effect, he uses less mana and dont draws the head of every scouter in the city, still, every good scouter will find him right away, also those who are near the source.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Also let's not forget, mc's not some god tier character that's just naturally going to pick up on literally everything. MC's Not overpowered, he's very much mortal lmao. He's even weaker than bazrel was when bazrel was killed, as a matter of fact. We haven't fully merged with him, and have barely any access to bazrel's powers. So, even if we could find someone that could teach us how to control our magic, that doesn't mean we're going to pick up on it or instantly go super saiyan and just somehow be able to take out every single person in our face. The grandmaster made it abundantly clear, she's leagues upon leagues above our head. she could kill us as if we were of no consequence to her. we are an insect compared to her. and i don't care how much training we get from everyone in the hearth, I don't think we'll EVER be able to approach someone like her. Not even Bazrel could touch her to be frank. Even he knew that. That's why the MC felt genuine fear for the first time in the hearth, even with all those fights for his life so far, with the orchis, that one tank dude who's name I've forgotten that literally pummeled us to death till bazrel took over... All those near death misses, losing our arm and shit. they've meant nothing in comparison to her.

Reactions: lunar517

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
But taking her out would be pretty easy with the right allies...some witch immune against illusions to distract her and someone who kills her before she is aware of them, maybe some wicked girl able to walk through walls? Someone invisible? Somone who knows in advance where she looks, where to hide , how to lead someone to her and how to place the deathblow without reistance...to make it short, we may need the orchis instead of fighting them...

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
I mean, you can always join the discord and keep up there?
I agree that any accusations of milking are ridiculous... he makes less than $200 a month.

But he wasn't exactly making lots of announcements on discord, either. TBH, the lack of communication was a big factor in my decision to stop pledging.

cckerberos

Jun 12, 2017
The game has a pretty good built-in tip system, so this isn't as needed as it is with some other games, but I've written a mod to include a hint screen. The real benefit is just having everything in one place rather than having to click through everyone's profiles (the hints are a little more specific as well.)

screenshot0001.png

Wafe

Mar 22, 2019
I agree that any accusations of milking are ridiculous... he makes less than $200 a month.

But he wasn't exactly making lots of announcements on discord, either. TBH, the lack of communication was a big factor in my decision to stop pledging.
Well I’m a fan, so I do hope you pledge again.

4.60 star(s) 38 Votes