Illuminati00

Oct 27, 2022
Yep that is the line about Ice. Thanks for going back to it and getting the line he said.
Grabbing the quote and looking back at the scene really made me think that the creature is not evil. It tries to have conversation with you before doing anything, and it only really took away the ice (unless something else got removed). Nothing about the interaction seemed hostile apart from the MC's feelings when looking at it, though I do wonder what it could be.

Greily

Mar 4, 2018
Yeah all this talk about ice but, I got the sense that he was referring to the feeling of losing something he wasn't aware he had to begin with. And even Bazrel noticed that something even he couldn't identify was missing. Perhaps was as mentioned above part of (one of) his soul(s). Mebbe he had a spare so she took it, bet we'll find out given how her last line seemed like foreshadowing.

nepheele

Mar 30, 2018
How can Astrid not be one of the hated characters? She and she alone have made me put of the game until now due to how irritated she made me.
Don't hate her and her route is k like the others girls, but i don't want be controlled by her mind games, so many times i reject her choices :ROFLMAO:
I just dislike Gwendolyn and i don't really like Simone :LOL:

Illuminati00

Oct 27, 2022
Don't hate her and her route is k like the others girls, but i don't want be controlled by her mind games, so many times i reject her choices :ROFLMAO:
I just dislike Gwendolyn and i don't really like Simone :LOL:
I find it hard not to hate her. She is always three steps ahead of you and is doing everything she can to control you, she even put a detection barrier around your house (which our life guard bro notified us about:whistle:). I really see no positive sides to her.
Gwendolyn is of course one of the big evils and is hard to like. Simone confuses me, she acts so differently towards people it's hard to see what she actually wants. Who's to say that she's 100% honest with Astrid? She shows insolence but obedience towards her, and she speaks not so flattering about her when talking to us, but she still tells Astrid to kill us, it's confusing. Though yeah, I dislike her too.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Doom Marine

Wafe

Mar 22, 2019
I find it hard not to hate her. She is always three steps ahead of you and is doing everything she can to control you, she even put a detection barrier around your house (which our life guard bro notified us about:whistle:). I really see no positive sides to her.
Gwendolyn is of course one of the big evils and is hard to like. Simone confuses me, she acts so differently towards people it's hard to see what she actually wants. Who's to say that she's 100% honest with Astrid? She shows insolence but obedience towards her, and she speaks not so flattering about her when talking to us, but she still tells Astrid to kill us, it's confusing. Though yeah, I dislike her too.
I actually like her best as a character for this reason. She creates so much discussion from people that she’s clearly at the very least interesting.
As for whether to support or reject, I chose to support her so I could be along for the ride.

Reactions: kingc123

Illuminati00

Oct 27, 2022
I actually like her best as a character for this reason. She creates so much discussion from people that she’s clearly at the very least interesting.
As for whether to support or reject, I chose to support her so I could be along for the ride.
Oh she's definitely interesting, though that never count much when I decide what characters to like. She is especially infuriating, and you know that whenever you need to speak with her, whatever plans you have laid will be torn asunder because she got word of something somehow.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Oh she's definitely interesting, though that never count much when I decide what characters to like. She is especially infuriating, and you know that whenever you need to speak with her, whatever plans you have laid will be torn asunder because she got word of something somehow.
That's going to make it all the more satisfying when we outmanoeuvre her, which I'm pretty sure we will do eventually.

Reactions: kingc123

nepheele

Mar 30, 2018
I'm addicted to her background music now :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Anyone know how to get the hidden events.
You just need to check around the map. I think the first one is in the gambling spot. It's pretty easy complete them.

fisty123

Oct 24, 2022
As someone who is just starting this game is there any consequence on focusing on the main story tasks first or focusing on character scenes first. I am trying to balance it out for the moment but just don't want to be locked out of something for doing it in the wrong order if that is even possible.

Wafe

Mar 22, 2019
As someone who is just starting this game is there any consequence on focusing on the main story tasks first or focusing on character scenes first. I am trying to balance it out for the moment but just don't want to be locked out of something for doing it in the wrong order if that is even possible.
You really can't get locked out of anything right now. You need the character quests to unlock the main story, and the main story to unlock the character quests, so do whatever you want until you need to unlock something

fisty123

Oct 24, 2022
You really can't get locked out of anything right now. You need the character quests to unlock the main story, and the main story to unlock the character quests, so do whatever you want until you need to unlock something
Thank you for the response, I shall just keep going at how I am going then, Thanks again

Tenpouin

Sep 6, 2020

Hey guys, hope things are going well! Thanks for waiting so patiently, I'm currently working double-time on renders.
At the moment, I'm still chipping away at a beast of a scene that has many odds and ends to work with. It's turned out even bigger than I expected and I've been doing a lot of experimenting to get things right. There's enough elements in play that I've been experiencing some crashing too, so that's been fun.
I hate fight scenes.
Not sure how much longer certain sequences will take before I'm satisfied. It's really difficult to know when to cut corners with creative endeavors. There's no specific benchmarks and simply having something complete isn't typically enough. It usually never is for me.
But I will draw the line somewhere. This development cycle has already taken more time than intended. Hang on a little longer guys, I'll be trying to bring it home soon!
Although fight scenes are a literal pain, they'll always be necessary for the story I'd like to tell, especially with this kind of turbulent setting. With how difficult they are to model, they'll certainly never be gratuitous. The work is tiring, but I'm really happy with how most of the CG have turned out so far.
While my biggest focus is making things comprehensible, no matter the scale, I'm beginning to feel more confident that I can pull off any scene that I can envision with Koikatsu—to a reasonable degree. Before I even started the project, I was worried about what I could actually depict with the engine. But the sky is slowly becoming the limit. The biggest factor will always be time.
As much as I want to give a week's estimate for the release, we're looking at around two weeks before I can put things down. I'll be doing my best to stomp out some prevailing bugs and issues with the game as well, I haven't been doing too hot in that regard.
Damn, this has turned out to be a long one, huh? With all that said, there will no longer be any combat in Demons of the Hearth. Any and all conflict will now be resolved through strip poker and rap battles.
That's all for now, stay safe out there.

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Damn, this has turned out to be a long one, huh? With all that said, there will no longer be any combat in Demons of the Hearth. Any and all conflict will now be resolved through strip poker and rap battles.
Well, I am good at stringing rhymes together, and think my lyrics aren't bad myself, but I have the poker face of a 5 year old with their hand in the cookie jar. I may be in for a rough time.

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
A world where all conflict is resolved via strip poker. That would be a different one, for sure.
I'd also play it in a heartbeat. Well, okay, as long as it was good but still...

4.60 star(s) 38 Votes