DomovoiHD

Nov 3, 2019
kingdom of apes was pretty fucking bullshit tho not gonna lie
I managed to cheese it by running away from apes and spamming soul spirit stones against king of apes though

Coomer4571

Aug 19, 2017
kingdom of apes was pretty fucking bullshit tho not gonna lie
I managed to cheese it by running away from apes and spamming soul spirit stones against king of apes though
wait you din't grab the potion (the one where you have to get 7 dragon dicks) from doremi kingdom? that was meant to make the dungeon easier...

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
fucking -SNIP-

But my main problem here is: why wont anybody learn from that 20, maybe 30 year old piece of shit game, yeah, sengoku rance! (rance9 and 10 eng. translations fucking when? ahhhh) At least a little?
1. How did you need 75 hours for the game? I am 32 hours in after emperor fight and did most of the side stuff too...

2. You like rance and want more rance but how about we don't make other games more rance? Seriously TFW someone writes up an essay on how much they want something to be more like the thing they like even if it makes no sense as explained by doomii.

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
the isekai part isn't bloat
How is it not bloat? Modern weapons add absolutely nothing. The whole mark 6/drug leader/diana daddy issues subplot is garbage and adds nothing. Same with that kid that went missing. If I can equip a "gunholster" item on my medieval/magical/warrior chars and get an attack boost, then you just know that someone fucked up. It's a mess, and completely unnecessary. Nerd bloat and contemporary social critique burger bullshit. Oh, and fucking time travel. My ass.

you're retarded and clearly didn't follow any of the story if you think that, it's explained several times why the remnants aren't following you
At least try to come up with a reasonable argument. Sure, they're all busy in the beginning. That doesn't mean you can't get to experience some adventures with them too. We could play with Kudan for a tiny little bit, so what's your point?
Besides, the argument here is exactly that there should be less plot on rails, and more gameplay. Meaning that from mid-game on, maybe the player should be able to push demon apostles around a bit, assign different jobs to them, doesn't even have to be a very deep gameplay mechanic.
Either way, you can't hardly argue that the demon apostles aren't greatly underused. Scathatch basically didn't do anything at all. He was basically even missing from his own nursery crimes stage. Nothing more than a cheap prop.

this is not sengoku rance
You don't say. And sengoku rance isn't the only game with a conquer territory game mechanic. I use this example because anyone here knows it. But fine, next time I will mention defender of the crown or something.

it's a linear adventure game set in a war not a strategy/war game
And you're missing the point, or simply arguing in bad faith for being a jackass. This isn't about grande strategy, it is about having meaningful choices and building up a fairly unique set of alliances, territories, characters and itemz and all that jazz. Imagine a demon roots game where you can ally with lance and get the lance titty wonder, but if you do so, you are going to miss out on making an alliance with some other powers and their characters. It's all about gameplay and replay value (ng+). Have less (overarching) plot in favor of more optional subplots. And then magic happens due to combinatorics. Gameplay in favor of your linear plot, that's what I'm arguing here, because the plot we got is a retarded rollercoaster anyways.

Plenty of linear games have ng+
wow, what a great argument.

those girls show up in king's exit
I don't see how this helps (demon roots) in any way or form. As is, the prelude/intro (which is great on its own) is simply just more bloat that doesn't tie into the story. "Blond girl" at the end could have been anyone else, and nothing would have changed.

--

1. How did you need 75 hours for the game? I am 32 hours in after emperor fight and did most of the side stuff too...
I do believe the time keeps running if you leave the game running (menu open) minimized to the task bar, while doing something else.

Are you frankly implying that you would not also want a more dynamic gameplay for demon roots? With a team you can asseble on your own? With you making the decisions in what to conquer first? In finding rare weapons deep in the south, never managing to explore the far east (in one game)? This isn't about rance, and if you believe so, you're fucking retarded. This is about gameplay. Can't you pussies handle a simple rance comparison? Holy shit.

Anyways...
Rance 9/10 fucking when? :KEK:

doomii

Nov 11, 2018
How is it not bloat? Modern weapons add absolutely nothing. The whole mark 6/drug leader/diana daddy issues subplot is garbage and adds nothing. Same with that kid that went missing. If I can equip a "gunholster" item on my medieval/magical/warrior chars and get an attack boost, then you just know that someone fucked up. It's a mess, and completely unnecessary. Nerd bloat and contemporary social critique burger bullshit. Oh, and fucking time travel. My ass.

At least try to come up with a reasonable argument. Sure, they're all busy in the beginning. That doesn't mean you can't get to experience some adventures with them too. We could play with Kudan for a tiny little bit, so what's your point?
Besides, the argument here is exactly that there should be less plot on rails, and more gameplay. Meaning that from mid-game on, maybe the player should be able to push demon apostles around a bit, assign different jobs to them, doesn't even have to be a very deep gameplay mechanic.
Either way, you can't hardly argue that the demon apostles aren't greatly underused. Scathatch basically didn't do anything at all. He was basically even missing from his own nursery crimes stage. Nothing more than a cheap prop.

You don't say. And sengoku rance isn't the only game with a conquer territory game mechanic. I use this example because anyone here knows it. But fine, next time I will mention defender of the crown or something.

And you're missing the point, or simply arguing in bad faith for being a jackass. This isn't about grande strategy, it is about having meaningful choices and building up a fairly unique set of alliances, territories, characters and itemz and all that jazz. Imagine a demon roots game where you can ally with lance and get the lance titty wonder, but if you do so, you are going to miss out on making an alliance with some other powers and their characters. It's all about gameplay and replay value (ng+). Have less (overarching) plot in favor of more optional subplots. And then magic happens due to combinatorics. Gameplay in favor of your linear plot, that's what I'm arguing here, because the plot we got is a retarded rollercoaster anyways.

wow, what a great argument.

I don't see how this helps (demon roots) in any way or form. As is, the prelude/intro (which is great on its own) is simply just more bloat that doesn't tie into the story. "Blond girl" at the end could have been anyone else, and nothing would have changed.

--

I do believe the time keeps running if you leave the game running (menu open) minimized to the task bar, while doing something else.

Are you frankly implying that you would not also want a more dynamic gameplay for demon roots? With a team you can asseble on your own? With you making the decisions in what to conquer first? In finding rare weapons deep in the south, never managing to explore the far east (in one game)? This isn't about rance, and if you believe so, you're fucking retarded. This is about gameplay. Can't you pussies handle a simple rance comparison? Holy shit.

Anyways...
Rance 9/10 fucking when? :KEK:
-again the isekai stuff is up to opinion so i won't argue, but it's not bloat on account of actually adding things and setting up a couple of events later in the story

-if you wanna be a faggot and ignore the fact they're literally all too busy aside from mebius to join you, something which is explained many, many times and very explicitly as well, that's your problem, not the game's

when kudan is working with you during the side story, he's doing so under orders from the emperor to kill diana if she learns of the connection between her dad and the empire, he is doing is job, just as the remnants are when they stay back

-again, this is not rance
this is not a strategy game
this is not a political game
this is not a sandbox game
this is not a war game
it's an adventure game, one set in a war for world domination, in a setting where the protag is hated by the entire world
there are no alliances to be made, everything has to be taken
you want a strategy game, not an adventure rpg, which is what demon roots is, you are not a ruler with absolute power over what demons do, you're basically a commando unit

you can call the story retarded all you want but you're clearly ignoring large chunks of it to hypocritically claim it's garbage so your opinion is worthless on that end

-demon roots is literally a prequel to king's exit, those girls are the protagonists of king's exit, and only really appear in the tutorial and very end of the game, as a set up, for king's exit, which demon roots is, again, a prequel to
you are a fucking idiot dude

the gameplay is fine, it's an adventure game, if you play an adventure game expecting grand strategy and politics you're a fucking idiot, go play paradox games instead, and most everything you complain about story wise is born of you purposefully ignoring the story so you can whine about it

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
Some closing remarks from me. First, forget about Kalinka and her +99'999 damage one punch special (if buffed just right). Granted, that's sweet mid-game, but towards the end? No. What you really want is lilly with Crystallized Abyss Sword (Crystal damage, Evasion and Critical +15%, +1 normal attack) and another +1 attack itenz (onion cape) and why not a turbo arm (attack +10%). Next, you pair lilly up with Najezta for all the fish scale formation (for 100% guaranteed criticals almost all the time, all the time) and imperial tactics buffs. Last but not least, hit that "Pleasure" button on lilly (stat buffs and +2 attacks for 3 turns) and hack away with normal attacks that just hits the sweetspot/weakness of all those evil endgame baddies.
this build is so bad. why give the +2 attack on lily? she's shit. give it to polca and equip her with the whip that gives wide aoe attack from doremi.

as for the emperor battle, I went polca, diana, ange and sarasa. i gave the crystal sword to diana so that she could semi dps and semi support. sarasa's team-wide barrier is also very good. making them both semi-dps and semi-support. and of course, ange. ange is just irreplaceable.

Reactions: Grahim

Grahim

Jan 8, 2018
this build is so bad. why give the +2 attack on lily? she's shit. give it to polca and equip her with the whip that gives wide aoe attack from doremi.

as for the emperor battle, I went polca, diana, ange and sarasa. i gave the crystal sword to diana so that she could semi dps and semi support. sarasa's team-wide barrier is also very good. making them both semi-dps and semi-support. and of course, ange. ange is just irreplaceable.
But Polca can use that claw, that has both the double hit alongside with Dark, and holy damage, also in my honest opinion, Deathpolca has some serious buffs and debuffs on her that makes her more valuable as support than DPS, I only attack to fill the TP bar.
I am also gonna share now how I beat the NG+ Emperor and my team. Sadly I deleted the game as soon as I got all the achieves so I might be missing something.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dawoodi

Jan 17, 2018
Finished the game i have to say it's a masterpiece, Deathpolca deserved better it's a Fucking tragedy i didn't get to see her celebrate with all her friends one picture is not good enough

kryanBR

Jan 18, 2019
isn't there an easy mode that unlock all the gallery
no, he cant.. Because i try to play the tutorial but.... 9 fps bro, 9 fucking Fps. Maaaaaaybe it unlocks after completing the tutorial or the game is so easy that it unlocks quickly. But the bottom line is that I cant play.

petersenk

Mar 9, 2018
Yeah, the Dev really did them (Remnants) dirty. - Especially in the final battle.
They should have been properly used throughout the game. First you only tease them, then you slowly introduce them individually, so you get to see their battle abilities (e.g. with a classic "Kenshin" saving the day scene, where some remenant shows up to help you out in a dire situation; little, but cool as hell things like that), and then you can put them in the hands of the player, if only punctually.
The narrative/plot (counter-)argument is silly anyways, since one could easily adapt the plot to what helps for a better gameplay. Once settled, they could have easily been freed from their main duties, at least some times.
As to the final battle, I don't know, I think the brainwashed superhero team from mark 6 had a more important role to play. hahaha. fuck those nerds.

Too many playable characters + bad/too few party split-ups.
I also feel like I didn't rely on certain chars much at all (Mebius was surprisingly useless), but I'd argue exactly the opposite: there should be more playable chars, but you don't get them all, you have to pick, and chose wisely (and ideally have to face/fight those you didn't pick for your team; heck I could imagine recruiting Kudan at some point, but obviously only at high opportunity costs...).
The problem here is also, and something one could learn from a rance, that all playable chars do is to duke it out. Take rance, where each turn you can assign your chars to do various things, from dungeon crawling, to exploring, to brainwash duties, formerly negotiations, or just to do the sexy times. And of course, the chars have more general attributes, that is something other than battle skills. In short: having plenty of chars, also minor literally who characters, can be great, as long as you also got some more "mundane" stuff to do for them. Again, no, demon roots does not need to be another rance, but there are some good and rather general lessons to be learned from rance (and many other games).

Not a fan of Najezta at all.
Really? I think that little shit is hilarious. How he switches from :D to :( and back to :D in an instant. Love it, and his whole emperor attitude. Classy, horny little shit. But I'm biased, since I like his buffs (+critical on so many extra +1 lilly normal attacks is op as fuck/not balanced at all, bwahaha). Also his successor/brother plot was solid enough, it's just the Diana part that is odd as hell. Thinking about it, that little dude should have amassed a harem of tiddy sluts throughout the game, while never touching any of the playable chars/girls, who all get super butthurt and jelly. Or something, but I'm sure there would be some more potential in that char, way better than being the plaything of older, smelly ladies and getting pegged all night long. the fuck.

also his little scene (or just the pixel animation from the back, hahaha) in that lovely hot spring/onsen/swimming pool in polkas bohelos mansion is great. Then again, that whole room is just lovely.

I had not the slightest bit of interest of going through that, at all, I'm sorry.
Yeah, me neither. 0 fucks given.
Mark 6 was a huge mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevart

Nek0mancer

Nov 2, 2018
Some closing remarks from me. First, forget about Kalinka and her +99'999 damage one punch special (if buffed just right). Granted, that's sweet mid-game, but towards the end? No. What you really want is lilly with Crystallized Abyss Sword (Crystal damage, Evasion and Critical +15%, +1 normal attack) and another +1 attack itenz (onion cape) and why not a turbo arm (attack +10%). Next, you pair lilly up with Najezta for all the fish scale formation (for 100% guaranteed criticals almost all the time, all the time) and imperial tactics buffs. Last but not least, hit that "Pleasure" button on lilly (stat buffs and +2 attacks for 3 turns) and hack away with normal attacks that just hits the sweetspot/weakness of all those evil endgame baddies.

That said, the game is a fucking mess, which is unfortunate, since it starts out so nice, but derails into a bloated mess of utter nonsense. The endgame is particularly terrible for all the badly paced and endless "cinematic" exposition (plot dump vs gameplay balance is way off towards the end...), and garbage plot that is all over the place and full of uninteresting coincidences.

But my main problem here is: why wont anybody learn from that 20, maybe 30 year old piece of shit game, yeah, sengoku rance! (rance9 and 10 eng. translations fucking when? ahhhh) At least a little? For here's how you truly fix the game:

• Get rid of all the isekai, devil drug and time travel shit. Also no robots. No modern weaponry. Fuck that. It's bloat and doesn't add anything other than dumb VN plot. But still, Najezta needs to be paired up with a boobie slut, this is important. But that's easy to fix/keep. ha.
  • Next: make use of all the demon apostles, other than mebius, who is great, they're greatly underused. The player should in mid-game get to play with/command demon apostles in battle and what not, first individually, and then you build up to where you fight with four demon apostles, just how fucking cool would that be.
  • But the crucial part: figure out a way to conquer the map similar to sengoku rance, where you unlock territory and commanders/characters in a much more dynamic fashion, maybe lock out certain characters/factions while getting hold of/joining up with others, and so on. Find rare itenz, learn unique skills in one place, but not those from another, at least not in this game. Because let's be frank here. This game, as is, does not deserve a New Game+. What the hell? The game is too much on rails for such a thing.
  • And as to my personal butthurt: I expected something so much better form the prelude/intro lolis, and what I got in the end just adds insult to injury. Fucking hell. This would have made for excellent mid-game content, where you lose power/allies, so flower/onion polca has to team up with those two lolis, which you then proceed to level up over a chapter or something, give them proper items and all. And One of them is the fucking daughter of bohelos commander for fucks sake. This could and should have been fantastic subplot after such a tease in the intro (with funny skills and harmless weapons/fights). Just.

Will not play New Game+.
Would not recommend.

You guys have fun. I'm out.
1) Isekai part of the game is thrash, true.
2) Apostles supposed to be a secondary characters and they are secondary characters. No idea why game should give so much attention to secondary cast instead of main one.
3) Make game a coqueror sim is 100℅ not a critical. Although I agree game desperately need more gameplay, my bet is on a nonlinear gameplay like ability to choose what country to capture first and what character to meet first.
4) The only sole reason for intro lolies to exist is to be a reference for king exit and that's okay. People like references.
On a personal note - I think game needs a reputation system DA:O style. Like the ability to gift your party presents, spend time with em, discuss things and generally have a good time.

Last edited:

razormane64

Jan 24, 2021
They should have been properly used throughout the game. First you only tease them, then you slowly introduce them individually, so you get to see their battle abilities (e.g. with a classic "Kenshin" saving the day scene, where some remenant shows up to help you out in a dire situation; little, but cool as hell things like that), and then you can put them in the hands of the player, if only punctually.
The narrative/plot (counter-)argument is silly anyways, since one could easily adapt the plot to what helps for a better gameplay. Once settled, they could have easily been freed from their main duties, at least some times.
As to the final battle, I don't know, I think the brainwashed superhero team from mark 6 had a more important role to play. hahaha. fuck those nerds.

I also feel like I didn't rely on certain chars much at all (Mebius was surprisingly useless), but I'd argue exactly the opposite: there should be more playable chars, but you don't get them all, you have to pick, and chose wisely (and ideally have to face/fight those you didn't pick for your team; heck I could imagine recruiting Kudan at some point, but obviously only at high opportunity costs...).
The problem here is also, and something one could learn from a rance, that all playable chars do is to duke it out. Take rance, where each turn you can assign your chars to do various things, from dungeon crawling, to exploring, to brainwash duties, formerly negotiations, or just to do the sexy times. And of course, the chars have more general attributes, that is something other than battle skills. In short: having plenty of chars, also minor literally who characters, can be great, as long as you also got some more "mundane" stuff to do for them. Again, no, demon roots does not need to be another rance, but there are some good and rather general lessons to be learned from rance (and many other games).

Really? I think that little shit is hilarious. How he switches from :D to :( and back to :D in an instant. Love it, and his whole emperor attitude. Classy, horny little shit. But I'm biased, since I like his buffs (+critical on so many extra +1 lilly normal attacks is op as fuck/not balanced at all, bwahaha). Also his successor/brother plot was solid enough, it's just the Diana part that is odd as hell. Thinking about it, that little dude should have amassed a harem of tiddy sluts throughout the game, while never touching any of the playable chars/girls, who all get super butthurt and jelly. Or something, but I'm sure there would be some more potential in that char, way better than being the plaything of older, smelly ladies and getting pegged all night long. the fuck.

also his little scene (or just the pixel animation from the back, hahaha) in that lovely hot spring/onsen/swimming pool in polkas bohelos mansion is great. Then again, that whole room is just lovely.

Yeah, me neither. 0 fucks given.
Mark 6 was a huge mistake.
Mate, your expectations are simply unrealistic. "Hey, your Demons Roots suck. Here's how this and that should have been done. Rewrite the plot. Revamp the gameplay. Turn it into a Rance-clone. Do it MY way!"
Alright, go send akaimato a message and tell him you want to work on Princess GLOO with him.
Alternatively, play some Rance games and scratch that itch of yours. You will not be missed.

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
Alright, my turn.

• Too many playable characters + bad/too few party split-ups.
Ever since Cold Steel I've been dreading big casts of playable characters.
Here we also could've easily been okay with 6 instead of 8.
8+ characters is, more often than not, just too much.

Guess what, someone can, in fact, be disappointed that there wasn't more content for the other Remnants. - Regardless of it being backed up by the narrative. I know I am.
so you want to bitch about having too many playable characters, but you also want to bitch that the remnants aren't playable?

FUCKING WHAT!

blueinorb9

Jun 28, 2020
Finished the game i have to say it's a masterpiece, Deathpolca deserved better it's a Fucking tragedy i didn't get to see her celebrate with all her friends one picture is not good enough
I agree with you. Girlie did her best to prevent that bleak future, but fate ended up spitting in her face anyway.

Although to be fair, if she stopped opposing that fate in the first place, demonkind perishes, and so does humanity.

Still sucks though.

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
But Polca can use that claw, that has both the double hit alongside with Dark, and holy damage, also in my honest opinion, Deathpolca has some serious buffs and debuffs on her that makes her more valuable as support than DPS, I only attack to fill the TP bar.
I am also gonna share now how I beat the NG+ Emperor and my team. Sadly I deleted the game as soon as I got all the achieves so I might be missing something.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i never needed any revives or spirit stone in my fight unless a really bad rng came up. and even then I only use the cheap revive item. admittedly my fight was much longer due to diana/sarasa doing support role. apostle polca can still support. she still has her 20% hp/mp/tp heal to the party that costs 49 tp. my fight was way more defensive. i also never switched parties with this lineup (if only that was an achievement).

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
if Naje was the protag in another game this would be a good. sadly polca is the mc. a spinoff of him being the mc would be nice. his biggest flaw is that he was introduced way late in the game. I already mapped my strats at that point.

Reactions: spokkimax
4.50 star(s) 97 Votes