septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
I have been trying to increase the frame rate of the animations. It really comes down to time honestly. Many of the setups I have require a good deal of rendering time so a super smooth 24fps a second render at about 2 seconds would take a solid 24 to 48 hours of rendering non-stop. Unfortunately that is not time I have.
Say, if you may, because of all the care you put in lightning each of your shots, I was curious to know how much does it take you render 1 shot in particular for example, or even on average and with what GPU.

Cheers

Guys;are there any cheat codes in this game that i can use?
Search into the thread for "console" or "console commands", what you can do is to change the stats that determine your "depravity" and the 2 relationship scores you have with the characters.

Reactions: 19Castiel23

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@septacycell it really depends on the shot and what is in the environment. So things like mirrors and high reflective surfaces can really increase time. As well as windows causing refraction can increase time. Though using the sun scene settings really helps alleviate that. That light works very well and does not increase memory load. Next would be lighting. I do a lot of hard shadows which eats up time because something like iray likes lots of light. I have mitigated this issue though. But it can be all over the map. The Carli renders in the bathroom were all about 45 minutes to render each on my 1080ti and 1060 in tandem. This was because of the lighting, glass and such. If I am lucky I can get a render down to about 20 minutes but now i like to get at least 5k iterations minimum on each render.

I will spend a good deal of time on a scene that i know will have lots of renders to make sure it not only looks good but shots can be rendered in about 30 to 45 minutes each. The big scene with Carli back in 0.9 took me about 2 days to get right.

Reactions: septacycell

septacycell

Dec 27, 2017
@septacycell it really depends on the shot and what is in the environment. So things like mirrors and high reflective surfaces can really increase time. As well as windows causing refraction can increase time. Though using the sun scene settings really helps alleviate that. That light works very well and does not increase memory load. Next would be lighting. I do a lot of hard shadows which eats up time because something like iray likes lots of light. I have mitigated this issue though. But it can be all over the map. The Carli renders in the bathroom were all about 45 minutes to render each on my 1080ti and 1060 in tandem. This was because of the lighting, glass and such. If I am lucky I can get a render down to about 20 minutes but now i like to get at least 5k iterations minimum on each render.

I will spend a good deal of time on a scene that i know will have lots of renders to make sure it not only looks good but shots can be rendered in about 30 to 45 minutes each. The big scene with Carli back in 0.9 took me about 2 days to get right.
Thank you kindly, that was quite interesting, do you think that in the future, money permitting to either get a "work GPU" as opposed to the consumer one? I kinda wonder what kind of difference they make ever since hearing about their new one going for 10K but having like 100 Gb of VRAM.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
I surely love your game as well Philly_Games, you're an amazing artist and a damn good Dev, and I'm sure your next game will blow everyone's mind and get you more pledgers ;)

Reactions: Aprilsun

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Thank you kindly, that was quite interesting, do you think that in the future, money permitting to either get a "work GPU" as opposed to the consumer one? I kinda wonder what kind of difference they make ever since hearing about their new one going for 10K but having like 100 Gb of VRAM.
A render rig is my next goal. Will take time but I think I'll get there. As for the more industry style cards I am not sure how much of a speed boost we would get but if i remember right some have insane amounts of vram on them which is needed to load multiple objects on screen. I still have a 1060 going backing up my 1080ti so im still limited to the 6 gig limit for the time being. There has been times where i have turned the 1060 off to fit a scene but that will increase my render time by about 20 30 %.

Reactions: septacycell

SupMate

Aug 20, 2018
This game is absolutely superb. It's up there with some of the best games I've ever played, including console games. There's so much drama and excitement within it, I'm kind of upset that Stella was killed off but it made the story line even better. The story between the main character and Carli is amazing and it perfectly fits into the plot. It genuinely feels like I was playing an action movie in my own perspective, if only someone could make a film similar to this... I can't wait for the next version!

Reactions: Philly_Games

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Thanks, i really did want to have it play out like a movie where you altered the plot. I am a huge movie buff so thats where much of the inspiration came from.

Reactions: Dangbabaloos

Lukasz1

May 20, 2018
The game is incredibly addictive, intricate storylines, just a miracle of raspberry.
Stella's death is the definitive end of this character in the game?

401Grem

May 14, 2017
I'm interested, in seeing if not killing her, makes her realize an act of compassion, and she ends up helping him?

Johnny-Doe

Lola's Daddy™︎
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 12, 2018
I'm interested, in seeing if not killing her, makes her realize an act of compassion, and she ends up helping him?
I wouldn't bet on in BUT it would definitely be nice to see something like that :)

MK78

Modder
Dec 23, 2017
Well, gotta admit that was pretty awesome so far!

Great writing, amazing renders, tons of sex and no grinding! One of, if not the best, this site has to offer!
Well fo the first time ever i feel a little bad for pirating a game like that! Only thing that could make it even better are more choices wich Girl you want to get in the end, or are there different options already? I will check on another playtrough. An harem Option whould be cool too! Yes it may sound greedy, but they are all so well written and likeable!
Hell even The Dragon, you can totally see her Motivation.

Long story short, amazing work, thank you @Philly_Games!

Oh and maybe one day you could build in a way to save Stella, i know it won't probably not happen and you are planning your next game already but one can dream right?:teary:

Alisa616k

Jan 23, 2018
I have test a lot of game here and i think this one is the best at the moment.
The story is very good, like it comes from a novel or a movie.
In the first scene, i paused the game because the render of Carli is just stuning, the shadows and light are so right. I can feel a soul in her eyes.
Thanks PhillyGames for this experience.

4.60 star(s) 415 Votes