sanmal

Jul 30, 2017
Must be a problem with your install, both work for me.
Mrs.Turner both scenes open with
* Go to the back first. Then the Kitchen. Then the bedroom.
* If your dep is between 9 and 5 you can choose:
-chosing the rough route you will gain 1 dep
-chosing the best fuck route you will lose 1 dep
with other dep or random the Kitchen/the bedroom it was loked.
Anyway scenes in gallery not all and they not full(not from beginning).

U

User_10739

@Philly_Games is there something amiss with loading saves? I did not use the patched version and here is my load screen supposedly from v0.10

ch10-end.jpg

I started with the final save and the update ends a few screens later, causing me to d/l the cgrip to find that the image for my Aug 26 09:37 save is from the middle of v0.11. When I fire up the Aug 26 09:03 it takes me to the shower scene with Carli, is that where I am supposed to be? It appears to me that last update I played 34 minutes into the future...
Which of course is humerous since I just finished playing Timestamps a few mins ago :p

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
So if I get this right, you have to start from the beginning to be able to get to the hospital at the end? cause I loaded my save and there's no way to reach the Vic, Presse or Hospital

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
A render rig is my next goal. Will take time but I think I'll get there. As for the more industry style cards I am not sure how much of a speed boost we would get but if i remember right some have insane amounts of vram on them which is needed to load multiple objects on screen. I still have a 1060 going backing up my 1080ti so im still limited to the 6 gig limit for the time being. There has been times where i have turned the 1060 off to fit a scene but that will increase my render time by about 20 30 %.
Just a suggestion, I would keep watching about the new 2080 cards from Nvidia. I haven't seen anyone talk about how the new NV link works definitely, but the conjecture is that unlike SLI it would allow the linked cards access to all of the RAM contained on them instead of the 6 GBs you are capped to now. They might be a lot cheaper than "professional" level cards also.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Hey dude, I think DAZ does not allow or use SLi functionality... so what Philly's done is use two cards one bouncing off the other and i assume its downscaling to the 1060 6GB card's VRAM and not using his 1080Ti 11GB ram?
The new 2080 cards are super expensive and the cards Philly has currently are/will become cheaper. I myself have a 1060 6GB card and am building up a new PC which will do renders only, using a 1080Ti 11GB. My current pc will be used for setting up scenes and coding whilst the other pc renders.
I have thought about doing what Philly does but i need two separate PC's. Philly's game renders are of such a quality that on a normal 1060GB card it will take hours to render one scene. I may be wrong.

Just a suggestion, I would keep watching about the new 2080 cards from Nvidia. I haven't seen anyone talk about how the new NV link works definitely, but the conjecture is that unlike SLI it would allow the linked cards access to all of the RAM contained on them instead of the 6 GBs you are capped to now. They might be a lot cheaper than "professional" level cards also.

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
Hey dude, I think DAZ does not allow or use SLi functionality... so what Philly's done is use two cards one bouncing off the other and i assume its downscaling to the 1060 6GB card's VRAM and not using his 1080Ti 11GB ram?
The new 2080 cards are super expensive and the cards Philly has currently are/will become cheaper. I myself have a 1060 6GB card and am building up a new PC which will do renders only, using a 1080Ti 11GB. My current pc will be used for setting up scenes and coding whilst the other pc renders.
I have thought about doing what Philly does but i need two separate PC's. Philly's game renders are of such a quality that on a normal 1060GB card it will take hours to render one scene. I may be wrong.
I don't know how DAZ works to be honest but if the new cards from Nvidia with the NV link allow them to access all of the VRAM contained on both cards, my guess would be that most of the rendering programs would patch their programs to utilized this feature. My suggestion is more about future proofing than anything. Like your render rig you are building for example, you want to put in a 1080ti, the 2080ti is really expensive, a 2080 is not that much more than a 1080ti here in the states. The 2080 has GDDR6 in it and may outperform the 1080ti in the area of rendering even with less VRAM. My thought was, if the NV link does allow two cards to use all of the memory contained on them and the program supports this you may be miles ahead in performance from the 10 series cards. If you can have two 2080s working together with 16 GB of ram available to them that could cut render times down significantly. Maybe get one now, and a second in six months or a year.

Just something to think about.

MilfMaster90

Sep 26, 2017
Wait, is that a minor update just to add the gallery option in the menu ? I loaded my last save and it ended in the same place, seems like I got too excited :(

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
So if I get this right, you have to start from the beginning to be able to get to the hospital at the end? cause I loaded my save and there's no way to reach the Vic, Presse or Hospital
No any save should be fine. I'll take a look after work to make sure I didn't mess something up. Also I am aware of a small bug where the Mrs Turner scenes do not show up in the gallery. If you want those for now adding via the console "persistent.ch10turnerbest = True" and "persistent.ch10turnerrough = True" will open those up.

Reactions: UncleVT and bobbo69

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
I don't know how DAZ works to be honest but if the new cards from Nvidia with the NV link allow them to access all of the VRAM contained on both cards, my guess would be that most of the rendering programs would patch their programs to utilized this feature. My suggestion is more about future proofing than anything. Like your render rig you are building for example, you want to put in a 1080ti, the 2080ti is really expensive, a 2080 is not that much more than a 1080ti here in the states. The 2080 has GDDR6 in it and may outperform the 1080ti in the area of rendering even with less VRAM. My thought was, if the NV link does allow two cards to use all of the memory contained on them and the program supports this you may be miles ahead in performance from the 10 series cards. If you can have two 2080s working together with 16 GB of ram available to them that could cut render times down significantly. Maybe get one now, and a second in six months or a year.

Just something to think about.
My 2 cents on my use case on this... yours may vary. While rtx is certainly faster, the biggest issue I experience is running out of VRam. A faster card with less ram is useless to me. and buying two really expensive cards to get 1 extra gb memory when daz is likely a yr or more away from supporting the rtx... does nothing but lighten my wallet while saddling me with a depreciating asset that doesn't solve my issue (I don't play video games.) IMO the best approach for my use case is to dedicate a smaller card to support display work and use a single or dual 1080/1080ti in my render box (my current plan.)

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@Kasey I don't know what sorcery you are pulling to jump in time lol. Nothing was adjusted with how saves work. I just let renpy do its thing for that. So I have no idea... I'm sorry.

4.60 star(s) 415 Votes