Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Let there be tears. Many tears. This great game is about to release its next episode. Tears of Joy. And it is the last episode. Tears of sorrow.

While Philly finishes up and prepares for the next game, now is a great time to jump on and support him on Patreon (link on first page of thread).

In the meantime...read on:

Unlocked
Development Update #30
Hey guys, quick update this time. Script is basically done. A couple h scenes to write but that is it. I will be sending it off for proof reading tomorrow.
I have been adding to it here and there just flesh things out. I'll be doing my own full QA soon enough to make sure it all works and that there are no loose ends.

Currently the only major bottleneck is renders. I have a bonus scene I am doing and the final renders to a scene with Carli. That bonus scene is pretty rough on the system, so hopefully it will be in a good spot by launch, but it will be very tight. If I have to delay for whatever reason I will let you know.

And yes, I needed some cowgirl! That poll was far to close to not include it. Still can't believe one vote was the difference!

Philly

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
Thanks @PhillyGames. For showing us that adult games can have great stories and even more awesome sex scenes.
Can't wait to see the ending to this gritty story.
I'm really interested in seeing your true noir ending.
Question. What is your favorite noir story?
Mine are Chinatown (Film) and The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler (Novel).

quietkiller

Oct 18, 2018
[it may be an unpopular opinion but Point Blank hit the right buttons for me. it all went down from there. ]
cant wait for the finale from philly. its not like i have a tab open ever since my first playthrough... i guess ill run it down a couple more times when the product is finished as i enojoy the buildup for my fav scenes

Reactions: rogosh and quinfax

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
Point Blank is a good movie. I had almost forgotten about that one. To bad hollywood and other entertainment medium have almost forgotten about this genre.

Yeah when the final release comes out. I'll probably reread the story from scratch instead of just loading up my favorite moments.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@quinfax I will admit I am more a fan of noir movies than I am of books and novellas, but I have read a few Spillane ones and really love the Mike Hammer character, even if it has become almost a trope of sorts, it's just good fun. So, for movies we are probably in agreement. For me, Chinatown is basically a perfect movie. Then a movie I feel gets the look right that is more modern would be Blade Runner, fucking beautiful. I'll even throw in the start of Dark City. The beginning of that, visually was amazing. Rest of the movie you can take it or leave it, but that introduction is undeniably fantastic.

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
@Philly_Games I can understand liking noir movies more than books. Especially seeing what a director has in their mind when
putting this genre to film. Starting from sets, to characters, and interesting shots to set the mood.
When It comes to Blade Runner. I often forget that it's a science fiction noir movie. I agree that's it's a very beautiful and atmospheric movie. It's crazy to think it didn't do well when it initially came out.
Oh man Dark City. Yeah the start of the movie is a wonder.
I haven't read all of Spillane's work but the ones i did i quite enjoyed. Yeah Mike Hammer is awesome.

Reactions: Burn85
Jun 4, 2017
@quinfax I will admit I am more a fan of noir movies than I am of books and novellas, but I have read a few Spillane ones and really love the Mike Hammer character, even if it has become almost a trope of sorts, it's just good fun. So, for movies we are probably in agreement. For me, Chinatown is basically a perfect movie. Then a movie I feel gets the look right that is more modern would be Blade Runner, fucking beautiful. I'll even throw in the start of Dark City. The beginning of that, visually was amazing. Rest of the movie you can take it or leave it, but that introduction is undeniably fantastic.
Ever played Tex Murphy? If you're not familiar with them, they're post-WW III sci-fi noir adventure games. Ignore the first two; the third one, Under a Killing Moon, went FMV and is when the series really started to hit its stride. There's a fair bit of goofiness in that one, it must be said; the next one, The Pandora Directive, was more purely noir. After that comes Tex Murphy: Overseer, which is a rewrite of the first Tex game (one reason I said you can ignore the first two), then a long hiatus courtesy of Microsoft, and then Tesla Effect, which was a Kickstarter project. The next one, The Poisoned Pawn, is in development--I think we're looking at next March for a release; it started out as a fan-made remake of Overseer, but the original creative team first blessed it and then joined up, so it's turned into something much bigger. The website for that game is , if you're interested; by the nature of the project, it actually gives you a basic orientation to the character and series as a whole.

If this is all redundant to you, my apologies; I absolutely love these games.

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
The Tex Murphy games are great. Need to play those again one of these days.

And if you want to get into some old school noir Deja Vu for the NES comes to mind. Nostalgia levels rising.

Reactions: Philip Screwdriver

Endless

To Obtain My Infinite Dream I Shall Even Sink God
Donor
May 9, 2017
Since i haven't really commented on the game...
This is not a good game it's a great game overall. Compared to most games out there, this game has a thrilling plot.
It also stays true to its genre & devs' vision, a noir VN. The dev really has good story telling skills coupled with pretty amazing sex scenes, even the supporting cast has enough background info on them to flesh them out just enough but not too much.
Based on the game so far i have no doubt the last chapter will be awesome.

I know dev, that you have most definitely heard countless requests & ideas on what to include with the last chapter & endings.
This is just what i would like to see =
1. MC visits Dragon over some time & tries to help her have a normal life maybe or have some peace of mind
2. Have a ending with Dragon, be it as a bad guy or if he reforms her into a good person
3. Have ending(s) that take place after a few years or have a time skip in the ending to show MC life overall & maybe some supporting cast as well.

Hope you come across my post dev & give me your 2cents.

4.60 star(s) 416 Votes