Valerielychee

Jul 31, 2017
I just discovered this game. Excellent, exxxcellent game! The story, the sex scenes, the music, the ambiance... Perfect so far (I'm at day 3... taking it slow, savouring...)

Reactions: Philly_Games

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Just played this game for the first time and I have to say that it's probably one of the best out of all adult games. I think this is a game that is done well for pretty much everything. The characters are interesting, and more importantly the storyline is actually engaging. The point system is actually pretty good and not obscure.

The walkthrough is nice for clarity (just to know what scenes I'm missing and what point requirement) and the branching in the game is very well done with mostly shorter branches leading to similiar outcome (sneak/follow leading to Awakenings). It gives good reason to play through differently without actually having to go the complete opposite, unlike in most other games where you're either super nice or super jerk.

Reactions: Philly_Games

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Hey guys just looking for your feedback on something that is bothering me. In the next release there is a pretty rough scene that is most likely not consensual. I kept it short, basically just a couple renders and I don't show that much but still I know many would have issues with it. The scene for that path in the story does need to be there but I was thinking of cutting away. As in the MC just can't watch. Btw this scene can be prevented multiple times but those times are a fair bit before it happens.

So my question is do I cut away? Even if I do, is that enough?

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
I would say the best action would be to keep it optional. Also I wouldn't take away a scene because of possible backlash. If you feel that it adds to the story then add it, or vice-versa.

Londo_Mollari

Donor
Respected User
Sep 7, 2017
Hey guys just looking for your feedback on something that is bothering me. In the next release there is a pretty rough scene that is most likely not consensual. I kept it short, basically just a couple renders and I don't show that much but still I know many would have issues with it. The scene for that path in the story does need to be there but I was thinking of cutting away. As in the MC just can't watch. Btw this scene can be prevented multiple times but those times are a fair bit before it happens.

NOOOO!!! Please don't cut :D

I know, the majority of players here want to avoid such scenes. But you said it could be avoided (even with several chances), so it's probably ok for most players ^^
And I (and the other pervs :p) would love such a scene :heartcoveredeyes::evilsmile::rolleyes::eazyHype::FeelsGoodMan:

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017

Oh man, this sounds like trouble, but I trust you're plan. My suggestion would be to ask the player.

"This is going to be bad, but I can't do anything about it do you;"
(bite your tongue and keep watching)
or
(look away)

It's always best to give the player the option when in doubt. Either way, glad to hear the scene will be avoidable entirely as I don't enjoy the violent stuff.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

As I said, I'm a noir police lover. That means I have seen / read many unpleasant scenes. The important thing is if that scene makes sense in the story. If so, it shouldn't be cut or omitted.
On the other hand, not all people have my background and may feel upset when they see it. Perhaps the option to skip with a warning and a button could be a solution.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
I agree with the previous comments.
If the scene is important to the story I want to see it. Even if I'm going to regret it.

However add a skip button.

Zero919

May 2, 2017
Ok, pretty universal for all you guys so far. I'll keep the renders in and add a look away option.
the most important thing to give the player a choice.
those who do not like such scenes to give the opportunity to prevent this stage. (not just skip but give the opportunity to prevent or avoid)
I don't like it but someone like. all will benefit from it.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Btw many of you may never even come across that scene. So you will play it and wonder what the fuss was about.

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017

Communication is the key. If you give the player a fair warning what's coming it's totally fine (and maybe an option to skip it if he/she wants to continue on this path but not see it). And given that your scenario is not a vanilla california teenage girl candy dream one I think you have all rights to justify it.

And although it won't be my first priority to see that scene I'm still excited to see your creativity and what cruel filth can come from your dirty mind. :p

Reactions: Londo_Mollari

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
the most important thing to give the player a choice.
those who do not like such scenes to give the opportunity to prevent this stage. (not just skip but give the opportunity to prevent or avoid)
There will not be a way of preventing it right there on the spot, but if they rolled back a minute then they can. Hard to explain without spoiling it but if you come across it you will understand.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Communication is the key. If you give the player a fair warning what's coming it's totally fine (and maybe an option to skip it if he/she wants to continue on this path but not see it). And given that your scenario is not a vanilla california teenage girl candy dream one I think you have all rights to justify it.
Yeah good point. I will add a bit more dialogue to explain the dangers of taking a certain course and that it could lead to something bad.

4.60 star(s) 416 Votes