Yadayada

May 14, 2017
Damn this is a good one. The art is lovely, the story is hot and interesting and all the characters are well written.
I guess that Judy, or perhaps Stella, are supposed to be the main desire objects here, but for some reason I find Carli to be the most interesting. Is it just me or does she have an unusual depth to her? Like in a slutty yet kindhearted and a little sad and vulnerable kind of way. I don't know if I want to fuck her brains out or just hug her and save her from this rotten city. Plus, her tits are fucking spectacular.
Anyway, keep up the good work @Philly_Games!

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@Yadayada Carli is absolutely a major love interest in the game. Some thing's with her are optional but she will be heavily featured throughout the game. Stella actually is more of a catalyst in the story, even though she has had two big scenes she does not have nearly as big a role as Carli or Judy. I think the major thing that set Carli apart is she goes against type. @vir_cotto called her the Prostitute with the heart of gold and I think that is a fair assessment.

Viatovic

Sep 3, 2017
I'm worried about Carli, because she's my favourite and... let's just say that the noir genre is not kind with prostitutes.
I don't want an end with her in line with "Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown."

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
I'm worried about Carli, because she's my favourite and... let's just say that the noir genre is not kind with prostitutes.
Imagine in the last chapter you have to choose to rescue either Carli or Jody. What would Batman do?

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
Sorry UncleVT I couldn't hear ya? More Carli??? Well I guess you guys did help me with an important question today.

Just for you guys. Don't expect much more though. I want there to be some surprises in the release :p

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
omg Carli is my favorite :heartcoveredeyes:

Yadayada

May 14, 2017
Exactly! I'm worried that she might be in over her head, and that's part of what makes her so interesting and perfect for the noir setting I guess.

Carli is absolutely a major love interest in the game.
So glad to hear it! And wouldn't it be cool if she had some kind of a role to play even if you choose the path where you don't work with her or date her?

Viatovic

Sep 3, 2017
Judy or Carli? Hmm... it depends.
Can Carli be faithful and leave behind her days working on her back?
Judy has one hell of a problem... your ex-wife could end up as your mother-in-law. DANGER, WILL ROBINSON!!!

Reactions: Yadayada

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
Imagine in the last chapter you have to choose to rescue either Carli or Jody. What would Batman do?
Dont know about Batman, but in my playthrough Judy would be dead very fast

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
I'll give this game a try tonight- renders look gorgeous and story seems compelling.

dev, not sure if you've considered this, but back in the day when I played "quest for glory IV" on PC, there was a scene that led you down near the dungeon. the narrator would then say there are two gnarly and mean looking troll guards at the bottom. it gave you three chances but if you kept going closer the game would warn you saying "I don't think it's a good idea to get close to those guards" before it game'd over.

I was reading that one scene you said you had apprehension with. I say go for it but it's your story and choice if you want to warn viewers. yes some people might be offended but it's your story on how you want to tell it.

the beautiful thing about these Patreon projects (at least before they started clamping down) is the freedom to express art in the way you see fit; if that's how the story goes then don't hold back.

just some thoughts! :biggrin:

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@atlas114 I did precisely that actually. It is in the game. It is still small, just a couple renders but there are a few spots so the player should get a pretty good idea what they are going to be in for.

Reactions: atlas114

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
@jande21 i don't know if it's possible, but could you add a link to the first page that contains all the previews for the upcoming version? it would help save sometime perusing the thread for them!

(similar to what TCMS does for DMD)

thank you!

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
@jande21 i don't know if it's possible, but could you add a link to the first page that contains all the previews for the upcoming version? it would help save sometime perusing the thread for them!

(similar to what TCMS does for DMD)

thank you!
Sure I'll get around to doing it tomorrow.

Reactions: atlas114

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
Back in October 0.3 iteration i said i would keep an eye on this game and i have.Have to say that i am impressed with your work. And that is impressed enough to drop you a pledge on you patreon page this evening. Keep up the good work looking forward to future updates.

4.60 star(s) 416 Votes