Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
Thats fantastic @Nightcrawler thank you! I am glad that you are enjoying it. It's crazy because 0.3 just feels like it was a few weeks ago but its been over 3 months.
yeah it been a while since 0.3 from player side as we eagerly awating updates lol. but i appreciate good work.and hell who doesn't like a good noir story.as before keep up the good work

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Yeah right now I am at that stage where I have 2 scenes left. Plus a few pick up shots. It all goes so fast on my end it seems. Before I know it the weekend will be over. Hopefully the rendering will be over as well :p

Reactions: crugh2112

DrDemagogue

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure if I said this before but it's probably worth repeating in any event: Fucking Awesome.

Seriously Philly_Games, you could give lessons on how to make an intriguing, well-organized, and approachable game that just happens to be full of incredibly sexy scenarios as well. And you actually talk to us! Without hubris or hostility even! This community and your consumers in general are very lucky to have found you.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@DrDemagogue I am not sure how to respond to that. That is very flattering I have to say. I just wanted to make the game that I set out to do, I had hoped people would get on board, and they have which is great. By the way, are there devs that are hostile here on the forums? That makes no sense to me as to why you would do that. I have found that listening to you guys helps me make a better game.

DrDemagogue

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, I didn't mean it to sound like a scathing indictment of developers in general, as I believe most are creating because they enjoy it on some level and they genuinely wish to ... ahem, entertain. Those that engage with their followers here deserve the benefit of the doubt in nearly all circumstances and the ones that listen and reciprocate even more so. Some get understandably frustrated or defensive with the constant ups and downs of public opinion. But in this kind of community, you're going to get some fan-boy mentality -- the needy, self-interested hordes that we are -- which can devolve into less-than-productive snark on both sides. I have witnessed such episodes from a safe distance but, blessedly, have never played a part.

In observing the personable back-and-forth in this thread so far, you come off as both a competent communicator and a positive influence. So ... bravo.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
By the way, are there devs that are hostile here on the forums?
Most of them are not as far as I can tell, they're more like "Well, it's there and I can either ignore it or try to take some feedback". The ones that are (passive) aggressive about it are the ones that get criticized about missed deadlines and such things. I won't namecall anyone here, but they're there.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I've seen a couple of devs who are super aggressive about damn dirty pirates stealing mah world class artistic game!!! on here.

Then you step back and laugh and realize that a lot of the ones doing this are topping out about maybe $100-200 a month, like they don't comprehend that community interaction goes a long way when trying to promote your product.

Reactions: DeMarcus16 and N7

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
I've seen a couple of devs who are super aggressive about damn dirty pirates stealing mah world class artistic game!!! on here.
I think the only time I have issues with piracy is when a person does it to promote themselves and make profit without even giving the creator any credit.

JakSnow

May 13, 2017

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This last week has been fruitful. All the items on my flowchart have all been ticked off except three. There are about 230 renders now. I say about because a few will hit the cutting room floor. I have mapped out 22 more for the last scene on my list which is going well.

For the script, everything is written and put in place except two scenes which are still being finalized. The gameplay elements are all there and I have gone through the new version a few times. As usual, your old saves should work fine. I have yet to see any glaring issues.

I have started using a few new things on the code side. Much of it is a bore, but I will say there is a new split-screen scene which was fun and its something I may explore doing more with later. Another was adding more frames for the h-scenes. Hopefully, you guys enjoy them.

You guys will find that this episode is in a way the episode of consequences. Many of the choices you made from the very beginning will have outcomes here. Where the last version was a cooling off period where we got to know a couple of characters better, this one will move the plot forward. Dependant on choices much quicker than you may expect.

For the release date, it will be very soon. Expect something early this week.

Thank you guys for all your support!

Philly

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I think the only time I have issues with piracy is when a person does it to promote themselves and make profit without even giving the creator any credit.
Yeah that is kind of why I can't stand sites like SVS(besides the fact that they just straight steal my uploads, descriptions and all word for word without doing any actual work themselves) is the fact that they are just uploading stuff solely to profit off the links from cash generating links(even though I do have a k2s account because certain warez boards use those links, but their stuff is personally modded and cracked and such)and they don't even bother to link back the creators patreon or anything, so basically your game has probably gotten 50k downloads from places like that and half the people downloading it probably don't even know you created it unless they got it from a place like here, so even if they wanted to check out your page they couldn't get a quick hyperlink unless they found it inside the game somewhere.

I think most people who pledge on patreon do it because they like the persons' work, not because they are super concerned about getting a game before anyone else gets to play, and sites like this definitely seem to work as far as getting a game's publicity up(hell I'm pretty much the sole reason Perverteer went from making about 30 bucks a month to almost a thousand)

That being said yeah I keep forgetting to pledge to your game even though it is probably my favorite on here, gotta change some pledges over and get on that beginning of next month(because fuck being charged twice lol)

Reactions: Philly_Games

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
Oh wow, I didn't notice you have a new banner, @Philly_Games. Did you do that one yourself or is it 3rd party? Only reason I'm asking, and this is just my opinion here, it is awesome except for the font. Take it as is and change the font to something noireish and you are in business.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
@rodneyeatme Yeah I did. Do you mean something like a Bioshock art deco style of font?
I'd go with something that pops. A neon light font that looks something like L.A. Noire's would be perfect for your banner, as it pops and evokes that dingy, rainy feel your game has in spades.

There are other styles that will pop your title but they don't capture the feel, at least IMO.

Reactions: Philly_Games

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@rodneyeatme I like. I'll look into doing something to spice it up a little. I should have time tomorrow or even tonight because I'll just be waiting on renders by that point.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@malaki-à

Day 2 in the morning: Say yes, then touch her. You will be 1 and 1.
Day 2 at home let her drink she will be 2 and 1
Day 3 in the morning say something more inviting she will be 2 and 2.
Day 3 at the coffee shop say "I think so" making it 3 and 2
Day 3 at the bar "Lie" That pushing you to 3 and 3.
Day 3 at the bar don't let her drink. She will be 4 and 3 and you can have further dialogue at home.
Day 3 at home at night "She can piss off"
Day 3 at home "It's very sexy" You should be at 4 and 5 by this point.
Day 4 morning. "It's must have been a good show"

Reactions: xenos87
4.60 star(s) 416 Votes