moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
So, the other game, "The City of Broken Dreamers", is on par with this? Better? Worst? An altogether different feel, or similar vibe? I'm thinking the latter, and surely better with lessons learned from the development of this one. In any event, I enjoyed "Depraved Awakening". Thoughts? Stay safe, people.
Overall, I think City of Broken Dreamers is a far better experience. MC is somewhat similar to the one you play in Depraved Awakening but his past is more fleshed out as that past is quite important to the plot. Animations are just incredible, visuals and music are perfect for the cyberpunk setting (although I guess it can be a bit hard to swallow for people who don't especially like that genre). In my case I don't find models as attractive as Carli or Christina, but that's just a matter of tastes and all characters are quite interesting nonetheless. Another problem is that CoBD is just at half and I'm sure you'll end craving for more ;) But there are already several hours of gameplay (if you read carefully all the text, which is quite recommendable, you can easily spend more than 3-4 hour on a simple playthrough, even avoiding sex scenes). Ah, and there are some easter eggs and subtle references to DA that will make you smile for sure.

Reactions: Max1276 and Back

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Overall, I think City of Broken Dreamers is a far better experience. MC is somewhat similar to the one you play in Depraved Awakening but his past is more fleshed out as that past is quite important to the plot. Animations are just incredible, visuals and music are perfect for the cyberpunk setting (although I guess it can be a bit hard to swallow for people who don't especially like that genre). In my case I don't find models as attractive as Carli or Christina, but that's just a matter of tastes and all characters are quite interesting nonetheless. Another problem is that CoBD is just at half and I'm sure you'll end craving for more ;) But there are already several hours of gameplay (if you read carefully all the text, which is quite recommendable, you can easily spend more than 3-4 hour on a simple playthrough, even avoiding sex scenes). Ah, and there are some easter eggs and subtle references to DA that will make you smile for sure.
Thank you. That was very insightful. I appreciate that response. *Fistbump* (y)

Reactions: moskyx

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Holy crap, I'm late to the party! (By years.) Just finished my first playthrough of the game.

Played an honest-to-goodness gumshoe so I missed a metric tons of scenes but wow, it was still a captivating ride! Interesting (and often tragic) characters that invokes great sympathy; a fascinating, riveting plot that won't let you go; and, an excellent accompaniment in musical scores for a game of this type. Very engaging. Oh, and of course, primo CGs for a VN.

My playthrough was pretty satisfying. I went in blind not knowing what to expect, but this has been an enjoyable read. Even had a few "Holy shit!" moments that I burst out loud. (More violent than I had anticipated.) However, after my first playthrough, I don't know if I would have chosen many things any different. (No rollbacks; no second-guessing any choices here.) I played the role of shamus as best the game allowed, I believe -- uncovering clues and following leads, empathetic to those in need and saving as many as possible, and unleashing righteous fury to the deserving when deescalation fails.

While a good read and despite missing many scenes, I don't get the feeling that the conclusion of the main plot would change significantly except for a few tweaks for certain characters upon further playthroughs. Plus, there were very few characters the MC can pursue as an interest once you take out certain relationships, the victims, and the young. Am I wrong with any of these points, or no?

So, the other game, "The City of Broken Dreamers", is on par with this? Better? Worst? An altogether different feel, or similar vibe? I'm thinking the latter, and surely better with lessons learned from the development of this one. In any event, I enjoyed "Depraved Awakening". Thoughts? Stay safe, people.

Edit: Oh, and I had a couple moments where I'm like "Just play me the audio! I know Korean, gawddamnit!" when the game was all huff-and-puff with its "unintelligentable Korean", lol! (Hey, it was funny for me, okay?) ^^"
As for the possible endings, you can have an ending with every single LI in this game except for the one who...you know, is no longer among us :( This includes an almost "perfect" ending with more than one lady, as well as an alternative ending with the tattoed, bloodthirsty character that I don't need to mention.

With regard to City of Broken Dreamers, of course it's on a different level. Visuals are just insanely good, for me the best you will find on this site; animations definitely are. As moskyx said, not only the MC's background but also the world in which everything happens is more fleshed out. There's action, secrets, an upright and a corrupt path, fantastic music and of course the same superb writing that you could already find in DA. As it is, there's now 5-6 hours of gameplay in a single playthrough.

Reactions: Max1276 and Back

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Awesome sauce, guys. I just started Deliverance where you also take on the role of a private eye, found here (F95 link, click me). After visiting that and another game on my backlog (unless I get distracted by Steam), I'll hit up CoBD. Thanks for the tidbits, and about keeping an eye out for Easter Eggs in that game. *Thumbs up*

Reactions: Aristos

zTohka

Mar 27, 2019
i just finished the game it was one of the best games i've ever played, i charmed by the screenshots of The dragon but i didn't know that she's an enemy and about Caril omg she's a perfect woman i honsetly wanted an end that the MC and Caril get married and live with the others and ofc i missed some scenes but i will see them all anyway thx for the game <3 and please does anyone know how to get the music ? i really liked them

Last edited:
Reactions: Aristos

Draguh

Nov 20, 2019
i just finished the game it was one of the best games i've ever played, i charmed by the screenshots of The dragon but i didn't know that she's an enemy and about Caril omg she's a perfect woman i honsetly wanted an end that the MC and Caril get married and live with the others and ofc i missed some scenes but i will see them all anyway thx for the game <3 and please does anyone know how to get the music ? i really liked them
Most tracks are made by Kai Engel.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
https://f95zone.to/threads/depraved-awakening-v1-0-phillygames.4907/post-3630867

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Max1276 - Hey so, that's a pretty crucial and massive reveal for the game. Maybe edit your post and hide that behind a spoiler? Any new players coming in late to the game and looking over the latest replies would be disheartened to see that. At least that would be true for me. Just a respectful suggestion. Stay safe out there, Max! Love your enthusiasm!

Reactions: Max1276

Max1276

Mar 14, 2020
Max1276 - Hey so, that's a pretty crucial and massive reveal for the game. Maybe edit your post and hide that behind a spoiler? Any new players coming in late to the game and looking over the latest replies would be disheartened to see that. At least that would be true for me. Just a respectful suggestion. Stay safe out there, Max! Love your enthusiasm!

sorry you are right :confused:just edited

Last edited:
Reactions: Regardie and Back

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
Is there a compressed version for Android? I played City of broken dreams recently and now I really want to play this after seeing Philly's work in City of broken dreams.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Is there a compressed version for Android? I played City of broken dreams recently and now I really want to play this after seeing Philly's work in City of broken dreams.
Well, the android version linked in the OP is 500 megs. The non-compressed versions linked in the OP are 2.5 gigs. What do you think?

zTohka

Mar 27, 2019
Well, the android version linked in the OP is 500 megs. The non-compressed versions linked in the OP are 2.5 gigs. What do you think?
What's the difference between compressed and non one ? Only the sound and quality ?

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
The Android version in the op is 1.28 gb in size while the compressed version that you are talking about, although of 500 mb only, are for pc and Mac. Not for Android. That's why I asked for it mate.

4.60 star(s) 416 Votes