Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Games like this make me fucking regret to play any game before it gets completed.

Why don't you Just keep making the game you've been making and use your new techniques for the next game.
The Dev has already stated that the remakes do not impact Dev time on the actual game, just fixes he wants to make to have the game be more consistent.
I do not see any problem with this. *shrugs*

Seacth

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2020
Games like this make me fucking regret to play any game before it gets completed.

Why don't you Just keep making the game you've been making and use your new techniques for the next game.
I'm already working on the game I only worked on this remake in my free times where I normally would play games to relax. And you can see that in all of my progress updates.

Last edited:

Seacth

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2020
The reason is simple, even if it is denied. It's to extend development and thus extending the influx of income. Not that it's a bad thing. It's a smart move.
If, for example, the dev was unhappy with the initial release of the game and desired to improve or polish it, it could easily be done once the full game becomes fully complete. Then ALL attention could be focused on the improvements instead of the focus being divided with remake and new content. Sadly, doing this would (possibly) reduce income as the game would effectively be complete. Again, not necessarily a bad...just depends from which perspective you look at it from.
You are correct but I'm not extending the length of the development and I wouln't want to work on a game after it's completed. I have other projects in my mind I would rather work on them.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Geez guys.. relax. Unless you have been in game development (at any level, indie to AAA) you wouldnt understand anyway.
On one side.. yes, to have something in development, and then any portion getting re-hashed prior to "completion" sucks as far as the consumer side is concerned.

When software development wasnt as "open" as it is now.. all you would get is a "finished" product and thats it. It then came down to how the developer handled said post launch support. Sometimes they would go back and fix/update/etc what came before, all behind the scenes... you would never find out until an update would appear to be downloaded, if you even bothered to check yourself, as notifications were not always made.

In the current environment of "connected, open development", you see everything piece by piece. Everything is continuously being refined. Thats pretty much software development these days.

And yes, not all devs/coders deal with it the same way, not all have unlimited time, not all treat it with the attention and care needed.
All other evidence you need is to compare this to the graveyard of abandoned games and threads with devs that rarely communicated, if at all, and the portrayal of whatever efforts the creators had.

From everything we can see so far, and whats talked about on Patreon, it seems Seacth is doing fine.
So relax, game is in good hands. We just gotta be patient. HURRY UP AND WAIT! :p

Last edited:

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
You are correct but I'm not extending the length of the development and I wouln't want to work on a game after it's completed. I have other projects in my mind I would rather work on them.
Well, the second sentence is why I said what said. There's little drive to go back to something already done. Creative mindsets want to go forward, to do new things, which is normal.
However, I disagree with the first. When you say you work on the remake only on your "free time" it simply means you have a allocated amount of time to work on the project and do not wish to use it to further the development. In other terms;
X (time given to project)= Y ($ received periodically for said project) This is the business model for these types of projects.
If any time is added to X, then Y would be reduced since project would be completed sooner, thus incentivizing the project to remain constant.
Maybe this isn't your way of thinking but you have to agree, it makes more sense from a business perspective than the creative endeavor to finish the project.

Reactions: Seacth

Seacth

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2020
Well, the second sentence is why I said what said. There's little drive to go back to something already done. Creative mindsets want to go forward, to do new things, which is normal.
However, I disagree with the first. When you say you work on the remake only on your "free time" it simply means you have a allocated amount of time to work on the project and do not wish to use it to further the development. In other terms;
X (time given to project)= Y ($ received periodically for said project) This is the business model for these types of projects.
If any time is added to X, then Y would be reduced since project would be completed sooner, thus incentivizing the project to remain constant.
Maybe this isn't your way of thinking but you have to agree, it makes more sense from a business perspective than the creative endeavor to finish the project.
Yes you're right when you look at things like that, but fixing up something that already finished is a lot easier then creating something new at least for me. Cause I can't continue my work on the next chapter after some time so I'll call it a day. But I can continue working on the remake even after I'm finished with the next chapter cause the scenes are already ready and the dialoges are already written all I have to do is check them out and fix them so it's more of a relaxed thing to do. And that is why it's not delaying the next chapter cause even if I try to push myself to do more for the next chapter, I just can't but I'm improving so I can work on the game longer without melting my brain.

Reactions: coretex and Wolfen5

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
Yes you're right when you look at things like that, but fixing up something that already finished is a lot easier then creating something new at least for me. Cause I can't continue my work on the next chapter after some time so I'll call it a day. But I can continue working on the remake even after I'm finished with the next chapter cause the scenes are already ready and the dialoges are already written all I have to do is check them out and fix them so it's more of a relaxed thing to do. And that is why it's not delaying the next chapter cause even if I try to push myself to do more for the next chapter, I just can't but I'm improving so I can work on the game longer without melting my brain.
I can see that and totally understand your mindset. I just wanted to play devil's advocate here and did not wish to disparage your game or work ethic. I enjoy it. Keep up the great work! (y)

• Red Heart

Sngo

May 9, 2020
The reason is simple, even if it is denied. It's to extend development and thus extending the influx of income. Not that it's a bad thing. It's a smart move.
If, for example, the dev was unhappy with the initial release of the game and desired to improve or polish it, it could easily be done once the full game becomes fully complete. Then ALL attention could be focused on the improvements instead of the focus being divided with remake and new content. Sadly, doing this would (possibly) reduce income as the game would effectively be complete. Again, not necessarily a bad...just depends from which perspective you look at it from.
Eh I can't really agree on that with you in this case, first because he isn't doing that much money compared to other's out there and that other's out there that make much more money are the ones doing remakes left and right while doing it way way longer(I'm talking about, 6+months, close to 1year or more).

Didn't really notice a big difference in updates here.
I'm ussualy against remakes because as you said is normally a excuse to milk money but when a remake is done without you noticing that much difference between releases I can't say anything against it.

You have examples like Deluca, LCC, that crappy NTR game of the summer's gone dev and so on)

Reactions: Qmil679

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
Eh I can't really agree on that with you in this case, first because he isn't doing that much money compared to other's out there and that other's out there that make much more money are the ones doing remakes left and right while doing it way way longer(I'm talking about, 6+months, close to 1year or more).

Didn't really notice a big difference in updates here.
I'm ussualy against remakes because as you said is normally a excuse to milk money but when a remake is done without you noticing that much difference between releases I can't say anything against it.

You have examples like Deluca, LCC, that crappy NTR game of the summer's gone dev and so on)
Well, as I've said. I was just looking at it from a different perspective, not implying Seacth was guilty of this.
Creative minds can go either way. Look George R R Martin, creates a great series, makes a ton of money and yet we're still waiting on the last book (last one came out in 2011). Yet even here I'm not implying Martin is intentionally doing anything wrong, it just is.
The fact Seacth replied and was transparent about his process quelled any critique I may have had on this and just boosted my respect for his efforts.

Reactions: Sngo

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
my thoughts are that when a game gets remade before completion and two releases are implemented then both releases suffer,simply because the dev does not take a break.i am not stating this is the case here because Seacth seems to need to do this but again by removing the free time things will change because time becomes an issue both in creativity and resources.i wish the dev the very best going forward

Jun 19, 2017
Could a kind soul make a torrent out of this update, please? Google Drive is the only other place I can download without huge download throttles but it is blocked due to too many recent downloads.

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
Also if you don't mind me asking what do you hate about the pregnancy endings?
Surely it is because there is no opportunity to have sex with the pregnant Li? well at least that's what bothers me sometimes depending on the game,always all games or almost all show the pregnant LI at the end. (Like WTF man where is The preg sex some players have been waiting years :KEK:)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
Could a kind soul make a torrent out of this update, please? Google Drive is the only other place I can download without huge download throttles but it is blocked due to too many recent downloads.
get megadownloader 1.8 then use mega links-google it

3.90 star(s) 50 Votes