3.30 star(s) 65 Votes

Ashburn

Jun 19, 2018
I like it. I was quite surprised how the dialogue and entire tone of a scene changes depending on your choices, during the 'Date' with William in particular. Good stuff.

In my opinion some people are a bit harsh on this. It's obvious Ryder had the game finished for the most part before publishing it and is now amending it based on the feedback by people. An approach i find commendable.
And i can't complain too much about stock assets and renders when it's a game that doesn't even try to milk Patreon shekels out of people.

Compared to Katies Corruption, which actually had a completely absurd story, got funded on Patreon and still didn't get finished, i take this one any day.

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
This game is oddly compelling. I like it. The lesbian content in particular feels original, as you don't often get to see examples of this sort of lesbian predator.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I like that the dev has the entire story already plotted out. I think that makes for more efficient updates, and makes the dev more resistant to unreasonable fan demands.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Loving the game so far :)

You know what you could always do is...

Once you finish Chapter 8, you could always go back and add more scenes or give the MC more definitive decision making (like accepting her paths)---maybe on like a second play-through or something? I dunno. Keep it up!
Glad you're enjoying it. But when it's done, it's done. The prospect of continuing to work on it afterwards, other than to correct issues, is not terribly appealing. :p

A bimbo path might be fun too like by hanging out with the secretary every now and then or giving the player a choice to do something with her weekends or free-time. ^_^

Anonynn.
I don't think the game has any "paths", per se, but there is an opportunity to hang out a bit with Ashley in chapter six and there will be other opportunities in upcoming chapters.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
I like this game a lot, but why do you put to choice if you want another drink, because if i say no, she drinks it... so that doesnt make any sense, and i repeat it i like this game but Why men?
Not sure I understand the "why men" question?

As for the drinks...

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Playing/Reading this VN/Game was like Deja'vu… It is in essence, just a variation of Katie's Corruption and Breaking Beth... We have several of the same key characters in the exact same roles... Some of the exact same game stat mechanics, as well... It may be a different backdrop, being a law firm, and perhaps is taking a few different routes in how it goes about portraying her corrupting downfall, but it has many of the same feelings and ideals... Most choices do not really matter in the long haul, and some don't matter at all in the moment... In fact, she's screwed no matter what choices you go with... And the story really has no depth or meaning at all... It's mostly pointless text to setup the next scenario where a choice matters not, and she gets messed over by yet another character... No one is really on her side... It's the same ole thing just with a few different scenarios, under a slightly altered umbrella... I wish the developers the best of luck... I went ahead and posted my review...
I read your review. While I don't, of course, agree with your assessment of the game, I appreciate you taking the time to try the game out and to give your honest opinion. Thank you. I hope you don't mind if I take this opportunity to respond. (Not trying to change your mind or persuade you to try the game again; just discussing.) :)

Yes, the game deals with many of the same themes and ideas as were presented in KC (I don't know Breaking Beth). It's not an original idea. However, that idea was not original when 3Diddidly did it either.

In my opinion, while the visual style (such as it is) of the game is somewhat similar to KC (albeit with lower quality renders), the structure of the game, and the way it deals with the corruption idea, is quite different.

The MC is not "screwed no matter what choices she goes with". It's true, she can't avoid the entirety of the story content. I suppose I could add an option for her avoid everything and just sit in her desk and work, but I don't think that would be terribly interesting. As the game progresses, and comes to a close, there are a number of happy, or partially happy, endings to the story, from the MC's perspective.

I also disagree with your comment that "most choices do not matter in the long haul". With one or two exceptions, every single choice in the game has an effect. It may not be a major effect. It may not be an immediately obvious effect. But they each have an effect.

To give an example...

One final point I wanted to cover is your comment on the "punishment endings".

I wish the developers the best of luck... I went ahead and posted my review...
Thank you. And then you for the honest review. :)

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
I like it. I was quite surprised how the dialogue and entire tone of a scene changes depending on your choices, during the 'Date' with William in particular. Good stuff.
Thanks, much appreciate. Yes, with many characters, the tone of the relationship changes depending on which dialogue options are chosen. William is one of those characters.

In my opinion some people are a bit harsh on this. It's obvious Ryder had the game finished for the most part before publishing it and is now amending it based on the feedback by people. An approach i find commendable.
And i can't complain too much about stock assets and renders when it's a game that doesn't even try to milk Patreon shekels out of people.
Heh. Yes, there are only so many assets for DAZ. I was lucky if my computer didn't catch fire in the bigger renders and had a heck of time climbing the learning curve on the rendering. The creation of new assets for the game was never a consideration.

Compared to Katies Corruption, which actually had a completely absurd story, got funded on Patreon and still didn't get finished, i take this one any day.
I liked KC, but I agree with your assessment of the story. FWIW, Descent will be posted in it's entirety.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
This game is oddly compelling. I like it. The lesbian content in particular feels original, as you don't often get to see examples of this sort of lesbian predator.

I like that the dev has the entire story already plotted out. I think that makes for more efficient updates, and makes the dev more resistant to unreasonable fan demands.
Thanks for the comments and I'm glad you're enjoying the game. And I am definitely resistant to "unreasonable" demands. :)

With respect to Eve...

Thanks and I hope you enjoy the balance of the game.

brexitbal

Dec 5, 2018
Im sure i only played 0.4 last week and 0.6 like 3 days ago. Does this game finish at 1.0? At this rate that will be end of weekend so might wait for finish product. Good work dev. Very enjoyably game so far.

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Im sure i only played 0.4 last week and 0.6 like 3 days ago. Does this game finish at 1.0? At this rate that will be end of weekend so might wait for finish product. Good work dev. Very enjoyably game so far.
The goal is to post a chapter every week. I was able to post a couple of chapters early, but the last two, chapters 7 and 8 are a bit trickier, so will likely require the full week for each. Version .8 will be chapter seven; version .9 will be chapter eight + epilogue. I will tidy up any mistakes afterward and release the final, complete version as version 1.0. That should be done by the end of the month or so.

And thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I read your review. While I don't, of course, agree with your assessment of the game, I appreciate you taking the time to try the game out and to give your honest opinion. Thank you. I hope you don't mind if I take this opportunity to respond. (Not trying to change your mind or persuade you to try the game again; just discussing.)
I get what you are saying... But a majority of the choices lead into something bad happening to her or do not really matter, in the short term... I do understand that you want to tell a particular story, and I never fault an artist for the direction they want to take their art... it's their baby to do with what they please... It just felt like half the time, you get the end result, in a given situation, regardless of the choice you make, so it feels pointless that a choice was even presented... Yes, some of those pointless choices basically create a minor alteration in the introduction to the static material, but it still ended up with the same result, a choice that made no real difference, in that moment... Which again feels like a pointless request for a choice from the player/reader...

As to the feeling she is pretty much screwed at every turn... Unless you make all the choices that lead to a dead end, pretty much avoiding one situation (which is not always the actual outcome) doesn't really avoid it in the long run, in some cases... Look at the Blackmail scene with the IT guy... You can opt to go with it and give him what he wants or try and negotiate out it... If you avoid it, later on it comes around to haunt her again with the photo of her holding his penis, where she is essentially being blackmailed again... So was the blackmail avoidable? Not really... She got blackmailed regardless, just maybe not by the same person... So she was screwed no matter the choice... You decide to drink wine, she gets screwed over anyway... You decide not to drink much, at the dorms, she gets screwed over anyways... And so on.... As to the boyfriend, he is the exact same free loader boyfriend as the other VN/Games, just better looking...

I understand, that it's the point of the game, a story of her descent into corruption, and I usually have no qualms with normal corruption stories... But when you play and have even the tiniest of control over a protagonist, you can't help but become invested in her well being and feel some sort of emotion over following her plight... If you're a normal human being... Usually choice laden VN/Games with corruption as the main theme, allow more control with choices of how the corruption occurs, rather then being lead down a mostly pre-set list of circumstances, many of which are unavoidable (not all, but most)... If you don't want a reader/player to think outside the box or make their own decisions that might lead them in an un-intended direction, don't bother offering a choice... Just lead them down that path... Don't offer up a choice, if you don't want them to miss something you prefer they see or experience... Because dead ends are a punishment, in the sense that you are telling the reader/player they are straying too far off the path you are setting down, and by ending it early you are pointing your finger at them and saying "this is what happens if you stray from what I want to show you, so try again or go away"... And the feeling that a choice didn't matter in the moment, feels like a pointless choice... I'm sure some choices will lead down varying story paths, that may not be noticeable or may not be noticeable right away... But a choice in the moment, that doesn't really effect the moment, feels pointless, and makes you ask why a choice was even presented at all... Regardless of later outcome...

I'm not saying all the choices presented are working out that way, but a good chunk are... As the developer, you will always have a unique perspective of your own works... Because you are the artist that has put his/her blood sweat and tears into it's creation... You know all the twists and turns and so forth... But the players/readers do not, and if the play through sometimes feels rather linear, even though many moments offer a set of choices that don't always feel meaningful at that moment, the player/reader then will begin ask themselves early on, "Does nothing I choose really matter?"... Players/Readers when presented with choices, want to feel like they are taking an active role in the characters corruption within the scope of what they are comfortable with... And when choices do hardly that much at all or nothing at all, that sense of control is essentially yanked out of their hands... Leaving them asking why a choice was presented in the first place...

Anyhow, I harped on that particular subject probably far too much... It's not just the lack of meaningful choices, but so many more things that I already mentioned in the review... And I'm pretty sure there are plenty of folks who will have no problems with how you handled it, just like with the other games... Again, best of luck...

Zip

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Anyhow, I harped on that particular subject probably far too much... It's not just the lack of meaningful choices, but so many more things that I already mentioned in the review... And I'm pretty sure there are plenty of folks who will have no problems with how you handled it, just like with the other games... Again, best of luck...

Zip
Fair enough. We will have to agree to disagree, which is fine.

Thanks again for your thoughtful comments. :)

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
The Eve route seems too be getting a bit of hate but I think it's been great I wish more games would have that sort of Female Domination in them, although with that said I'm actually more annoyed by Lisa she has been a real bitch towards the MC. I refused her deal in the last update I'm hoping in a way the MC has the last laugh over her. Overall great game and the constant updates is a breath of fresh air nice work dev (y)

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
The Eve route seems too be getting a bit of hate but I think it's been great I wish more games would have that sort of Female Domination in them, although with that said I'm actually more annoyed by Lisa she has been a real bitch towards the MC. I refused her deal in the last update I'm hoping in a way the MC has the last laugh over her. Overall great game and the constant updates is a breath of fresh air nice work dev (y)
Thanks. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Yes, Lisa is kind of a pain, isn't she. I enjoyed writing her, because she brings a very different perspective to the corruption storyline.

Reactions: Mormont

Behemoth19

Apr 18, 2018
i jus t play the game and read las comment about the hate towards eve, i think you guys need to put a new tag like ¨heavy corruption¨ or someting to avoid most of the oversensitive ppl. personally i love games like this tho are few, any1 Reading this comment might respond me with sugestion of game with ¨heavy corruption¨ dosnt matter type of game or if its slow or fast, but i preffer not too fast , and female protagonist just because you have like more control

dmc999

Sep 7, 2018
Can i have a walkthrough? just want to make sure i explored all the ways. Great work with the game by the way, waiting for next update

Ryder77

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Can i have a walkthrough? just want to make sure i explored all the ways. Great work with the game by the way, waiting for next update
Glad you're enjoying it. Next update in about a week or so.

I won't do a playthough, but I'd be interested in seeing what someone comes p with in that regard.

Reactions: dmc999
3.30 star(s) 65 Votes