Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Says female protag, but when I tried the game it started with a guy... do we get rid of the guy character later and get a female protag... does it keep switching back and forth? If it eventually switches to a female protag, does anyone have a save so I can skip over that male character stuff? Or is the male protag going to be a constant nuisance that I can't avoid completely?
I honestly kind of wish the female protagonist tag was removed from this thread because I expect it constantly gives people the wrong idea. Nearly all female protagonist games are sausage fests of old fat guys or teenagers trying to blackmail and fuck the protagonist. Those tropes are so consistent in fem protags that I'll bet a ton of people who've never tried Desert Stalker automatically assume that a significant enough part of the game has that kind of content when it really doesn't have it at all.

Truth is, there are some brief (but very very cool) sequences where Shani ventures into a Zone but the sequences are completely non-sexual. It makes up like 5% of the game in total while the rest is Male Protagonist from Zaton's perspective. It makes me wonder how many people have avoided Desert Stalker because of this tag alone.

Last edited:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Shani ventures into a Zone but the sequences are completely non-sexual.
For now. Sexual content is planned for her solo adventures (mostly lesbian though).

The tag is accurate however, even though it's very light yeah. It should have a secondary tag system for such content. Same when there is a single femdom scene in a "regular" game. Site's tag system will be reworked, can't come soon enough.

jskizzle

Apr 29, 2018
Hey dude, if you are still having this issue try this:

1) You need to have console enabled either by editing the 00console.rpy method or using UnRen
2) Open console and enter "introduction_kateryna = True" (without the inverted commas)
You probably played the Kat intro scene when the game was in beta version and it did not trigger this switch.
3) If it still does not work enter "shani_zone = False" as well.
4) If these steps dont help then im not sure whats wrong so alternatively you can install the awesome URM mod by
0x52 and you will be able to play the scene despite it being greyed out.

Hope this helps.
Holy smokes, Was having the same issue as that other guy and this was the perfect fix! Thanks for the info!

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
For now. Sexual content is planned for her solo adventures (mostly lesbian though).

The tag is accurate however, even though it's very light yeah. It should have a secondary tag system for such content. Same when there is a single femdom scene in a "regular" game. Site's tag system will be reworked, can't come soon enough.
I agree.

A tag rework allowing for ex:

Female Protagonist = primary MC

Female Protagonist = secondary MC

We need a way to distinguish between the primary MC and some 2nd perspective that happens to be female.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022

Oh I didn't know it was planned. Interesting.

I mean yeah the tag is technically accurate. Not going to dispute that. But I'm still of the opinion that given there aren't any sexual interactions in the Shani perspectives yet, then it's more misleading than anything since the female protagonist tag is so commonly paired with certain sexual content that it's practically a genre itself and it gives certain expectations. Not that it matters, but I'd be happier if they took it off for now and then re-added it when Shani eventually does have her solo sexual adventures. Also not looking forward to the mass hyperventilating and thread derailment from a certain brigade when that does happen.

Edit: And I agree with the "secondary perspective" tag idea would be a perfect solution. Something to identify the female protag portions as not the primary perspective of the story.

Last edited:

emptychuu

Jan 4, 2024
The continuation of the story of the elf girl Ivy is the most interesting and desirable part of the game for me at the moment.
The developer teased me for quite a long time. I hope that Ivy's gradual rapprochement with the main character will be shown properly. I can already see these hot scenes. I want lots and lots of content with her. Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be seeing any sex scenes with Ivy in the next update.

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
I've taken the steps to always keep original versions of games which I find exceptional.
As I know they can end up being changed by Patreon or squeamish people who complain to the devs.
I would suggest other's do it too for the games they enjoy.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
this game reminds me a lot of hotsand antartica !!! amazing, the setting, the kinks, the stuff that happens, its very similar, i love both games
WHAT?! Nah, nah, nah. This can't be happening. Sandy hot Antarctica or whatever should be reminding you of this game. Not the other way around, sir.

That's like saying, "Wow these McNuggets remind me of the frozen crap that's been sitting in my freezer for 2 years!"

(I'm just messing around, btw. I realize you probably played that game before playing this one. It's just the difference in quality is so night and day that that game just feels like a poorly-executed knock off of Desert Stalker. Of course, I have my bias since I played this one first.)

rmatty111

Oct 25, 2021
WHAT?! Nah, nah, nah. This can't be happening. Sandy hot Antarctica or whatever should be reminding you of this game. Not the other way around, sir.

That's like saying, "Wow these McNuggets remind me of the frozen crap that's been sitting in my freezer for 2 years!"

(I'm just messing around, btw. I realize you probably played that game before playing this one. It's just the difference in quality is so night and day that that game just feels like a poorly-executed knock off of Desert Stalker. Of course, I have my bias since I played this one first.)
I feel like Hot Sands saw Desert Stalker, tried doing something similar but couldn't keep up with the quality.

there is definitely content there for people looking for the post-apocalyptic giga-chad vibe but id rather play a new save of Desert Stalker than play the other game again

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I feel like Hot Sands saw Desert Stalker, tried doing something similar but couldn't keep up with the quality.

there is definitely content there for people looking for the post-apocalyptic giga-chad vibe but id rather play a new save of Desert Stalker than play the other game again
Yea. Not even in terms of just the renders. The first maybe 30 minutes feels like an exposition dump when I'm just sitting there thinking, "Give me a reason to care, first."

Characters feel stilted and awkward. Plot is again, just all kinds of shit thrown at you. Renders look like they're from 4 or 5 years ago (that one, I can't really fault because it could just be a solo dev who can't afford a dedicated rig for rendering right now)

Desert Stalker captures your attention with the action and intrigue. Has story-telling and dialogue that make you feel like you're actually in post-apocalyptic Egypt(?). It even has a feature that allows you to read an in-depth explanation of the lore if you want to during the free roams. But the world and characters (to an extent) feel believable enough to make you interested in knowing more about the lore.

I'm not even adding in the render quality and sounds/music used to increase the effect. The writing and scene arrangement by themselves just put it head and shoulders above the other game.

Edit: The word I was looking for was "verisimilitude". Very few VN authors can accomplish giving their games a sense of verisimilitude. Believable enough to become immersed in a story. But that is what separates the wheat from the chaff.

Last edited:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Hey guys, I downloaded the game and about to play it but before that do I need a walkthrough to play it properly or not?
Because I usually play VN games.
It is it's own walkthrough. It's a quest style VN and it tells you what you need to do to move on and gives indicators of where the essential tasks need to be done. There's a tutorial at the beginning - not very difficult.

Has a quest list as well as the visual indicators. There are also recurring events that sometimes are just to pass the time, but that can lead to essential tasks as well.

Ekzou

Feb 28, 2023
This game is one of the best VNs I have tried!
The story is intriguing, interesting and well written.
The characters, outside the family, bring something constructive and we can't wait to know more. I understand the high rating of this game because it is one of the few on the site which, for me, are among the excellent titles with Eternum.
A game that I highly recommend to anyone who wants to go a little further than the harem of the house/family.
Ivy > :love: :love: :love:

Machete

Apr 7, 2020
Now, for the section "stupid nerd doubts a dude can have": What is it supposed to be the weather in post apocalyptic Egypt like?

I mean, never been in Egypt myself but as far as i know weather is hot and dry, which is a lot better and more comfortable then hot and dump, so being close to naked should feel good. Yet i'm quite positive that venturing in the desert with your skin exposed is more on the suicidal territory.

So i was considering, MC is all the time chest naked, with a cape which is more of decorative most of the time but i believe it comes quite in hand when wind blows sand, and he has his bald head out all the time.

Now, sorry to disappoint Danny Trejo, but in real life i'm as bald as fuck myself and i promise direct sun on a bald head is an issue. Summertime is baseball cap time for me.

My 2 cents on that is that the weather in the game is still summer type of hot. Everyone wear very light and revealing clothes and they seem to be comfortable all the time, that works well with the hot dry Egypt, yet, no one seems to be concerned by Sun light in the slightest. So, maybe the sky is cloudy all the time? More of dust clouds than rain clouds? In opposition to the obviously thunderous clouds of the zones?

4.80 star(s) 571 Votes