chtouvidel

Apr 18, 2021
Unfortunately, we have another developer who bent under the patreon rules. What was the difference between the censored version and the obscene version before? In the presence of blood and dismemberment in the scenes. How does the censored version differ from the obscene one now? And nothing. There is no blood, there is no dismemberment. In fact, the whole difference is in the darkening of the screen, and in the fact that the main character, like a girl, turns her head away at certain moments. In fact, modders can make a mod that removes the choice of the censored version and the obscene one. Because now they do not differ from each other at all. Plus you are it saves you a minute, another of your time. The game just fell in my eyes, no place below. I thought to replay, but when I saw the beginning of the game, and what the developer changed, I deleted the game.

Echoesinthedarkness

May 18, 2020
I can confidently say that these issues that you mentioned doesnt have any connection to reality. If anything, the game now is more violent than it ever was.

chtouvidel

Apr 18, 2021
I can confidently say that these issues that you mentioned doesnt have any connection to reality. If anything, the game now is more violent than it ever was.
Play the first versions, and then play the last. And you will understand how the current version differs from the first. If this is more than cruel for you, then it will be a nightmare for you.

Echoesinthedarkness

May 18, 2020
Play the first versions, and then play the last. And you will understand how the current version differs from the first. If this is more than cruel for you, then it will be a nightmare for you.
I played this game since 0.01 version, all iterations. You dont need to tell me what was in the game. If you think such awful censorship took place, provide screenshots so we all could bash the dev for it.

char_2.0

Jul 15, 2021
Unfortunately, we have another developer who bent under the patreon rules. What was the difference between the censored version and the obscene version before? In the presence of blood and dismemberment in the scenes. How does the censored version differ from the obscene one now? And nothing. There is no blood, there is no dismemberment. In fact, the whole difference is in the darkening of the screen, and in the fact that the main character, like a girl, turns her head away at certain moments. In fact, modders can make a mod that removes the choice of the censored version and the obscene one. Because now they do not differ from each other at all. Plus you are it saves you a minute, another of your time. The game just fell in my eyes, no place below. I thought to replay, but when I saw the beginning of the game, and what the developer changed, I deleted the game.
Patron sucks, the developers should go straight to SuscribeStar, I'm not saying that I'm not liking what the developer is doing with this game, on the contrary, I love it, but Patron keeps breaking the balls of developers, in SubscribeStar I think they would be calmer.

chtouvidel

Apr 18, 2021
Okay, let's not continue the argument, the discussion. You are a lot of me alone. If I find early versions of the game on the Internet, I will take screenshots of the comparison. And I will throw it here. As a confirmation of my words.

Mar 23, 2020
Great game, very refreshing to play a cest game where you start off with (almost) your whole family already fucking you lmao. Instawatch

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Patron sucks, the developers should go straight to SuscribeStar, I'm not saying that I'm not liking what the developer is doing with this game, on the contrary, I love it, but Patron keeps breaking the balls of developers, in SubscribeStar I think they would be calmer.
Unfortunately, it's not always solely the creator's choice. It's mostly where the bulk of the supporters are, or what they prefer to use. The dev does have a SubscribeStar, but the support on Patreon is 10 times bigger, meaning it's purely not sustainable at the moment.
Sure, some (or a lot) would follow, but it's a gamble that could jeopardize the existence of the game itself.

Xypher

May 1, 2017
I suggest not to look so far and first wish that the relationship with Shani has progressed further than it is now. In general, his awkwardness in relation to one of his daughters, while he has already passed all the bases with the other, confuses me a little. :unsure:
iirc Shani was raised to be the MC's protege, another Stalker, unlike Ain who was raised to be sultry, obedient and sexually open as a potential wife to someone, similar to diplomatic marriages for political gain or influence. (Or just keep her for yourself, for those who aren't into sharing, as your personal obedient loving sex toy or daughter wife). Though I could be wrong in this analogy.

Last edited:

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
I forgive my forgiveness for my mistake. At the beginning of the game I mixed up two options, drop and quit. And then, on emotions, I began to blame the censored and uncensored version of the game. Once again, I'm sorry, I'm wrong. My mistake.
I'm not quite sure what the problem you perceived was, or if the issue has been solved/clarified. that said, if you did indeed make a mistake and you actually don't believe any longer that the game has turned to crap whilst you were not looking, it would be nice if you could correct your review to reflect this.
if instead you are still convinced the rating you gave it is correct, by all means, leave it as is. Thank you

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
iirc Shani was raised to be the MC's protege, another Stalker, unlike Ain who was raised to be sultry, obedient and sexually open as a potential wife to someone, similar to diplomatic marriages for political gain or influence. (Or just keep her for yourself, for those who aren't into sharing, as your personal obedient loving sex toy or daughter wife). Though I could be wrong in this analogy.
Yes, that is what I understand of the situation as well. Still hoping that something happens with Shani at a later date after she completes training. I'm a goddamn desert stalker, I should be allowed to break some rules on occasion! ;)

EduEdu

Jul 4, 2018
I forgive my forgiveness for my mistake. At the beginning of the game I mixed up two options, drop and quit. And then, on emotions, I began to blame the censored and uncensored version of the game. Once again, I'm sorry, I'm wrong. My mistake.
So you could change your review, Chtouvidel! :);) Desert Stalker is one of the best games i've played here!!! :love:

Last edited:

Edelvays

Jan 3, 2018
Unfortunately, it's not always solely the creator's choice. It's mostly where the bulk of the supporters are, or what they prefer to use. The dev does have a SubscribeStar, but the support on Patreon is 10 times bigger, meaning it's purely not sustainable at the moment.
Sure, some (or a lot) would follow, but it's a gamble that could jeopardize the existence of the game itself.
It always comes down to a payment service, really.
If SubscribeStar had Paypal, I think everyone would use it.

4.80 star(s) 591 Votes