Jul 19, 2021
Point of order.. if it really took you 5-10 minutes to waltz through this update I don't quite know what to tell you.
There are such things as pacing, music, atmosphere and.. words.
They make the game as much as the sexy times.

Those of you who follow the game on Patreon and elsewhere know we made a point of explaining how this update was story heavy and why.
That said, if you look at the update purely for graphics, this is one of the bulkiest updates yet, with in excess of 750 renders and about 10 animations, something Z has not attempted before in such numbers (the animations, that is.. which is something he's still learning how to do).
So.. again, if you've gone through this update in a matter of minutes, skipping through all of the dialogue and character development, this is probably not the game for you. There are games that focus more on the sexy content.. or.. videos.
Hell.. why bother playing in the first place? Just open the image gallery, grab a sock and go to town, you don't even have to play.
As for the bugs and flaws in the system, those that depend on something we did will be by and large solved once the public release comes around. Anything still outstanding after that? Hit us up on the discord and we'll see what's happening.
Totaly agree, this content that Z makes, the story and character development is better understood if you take it slow and enjoy the game at a reasonable pace, no need to rush through it, Enjoy yourself & the content thats given to you.

Bruno3

May 12, 2020
Point of order.. if it really took you 5-10 minutes to waltz through this update I don't quite know what to tell you.
There are such things as pacing, music, atmosphere and.. words.
They make the game as much as the sexy times.

Those of you who follow the game on Patreon and elsewhere know we made a point of explaining how this update was story heavy and why.
That said, if you look at the update purely for graphics, this is one of the bulkiest updates yet, with in excess of 750 renders and about 10 animations, something Z has not attempted before in such numbers (the animations, that is.. which is something he's still learning how to do).
So.. again, if you've gone through this update in a matter of minutes, skipping through all of the dialogue and character development, this is probably not the game for you. There are games that focus more on the sexy content.. or.. videos.
Hell.. why bother playing in the first place? Just open the image gallery, grab a sock and go to town, you don't even have to play.
As for the bugs and flaws in the system, those that depend on something we did will be by and large solved once the public release comes around. Anything still outstanding after that? Hit us up on the discord and we'll see what's happening.
Bro stop defending yourself like that, it looks bad on you.
I personally think this update was decent while i can understand other players feeling it was too short.
I also was looking at every text and shit cuz i knew those updates are usually short so i took my time.
It seems like you think we are some kind of crazy fapping addicts to finish the update so fast.
From those 10 animations you said, i could only remember 4 from 2 scenes.
Hell i think the most time you would spend would be on the animations, but who wants to look at the same animation for that long despite being such heavy story game
Let me ask you instead, have you even played it and how long did it take you

Last edited:

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
Bro stop defending yourself like that, it looks bad on you.
[...]
Let me ask you instead, have you even played it and how long did it take you
If anything, I am defending the work Z puts into the game, rather than myself. I believe it's poor form to freeload a game and then complain about the lack of content when the time taken to play it clearly indicates people have raced through it skipping the plot wholesale, and I will say so however badly it might look to you. I guess the entitlement of certain people rubs me the wrong way because I know the amount of work that goes into making this. I'm all for debating and even magnifying issues the game might have... That's how we learn and improve... but when all someone contributes to the debate is "So short it sucks, do more", I do take exception to that.

..and yeah.. let's not kid around.. some people really are the fapping addicts you mention. If that's not you, more power to you, I say, and thank you for taking the time to enjoy the game the way we intend it to be enjoyed.

Playing it as I would another game, I haven't done in at least 2-3 updates.
I am not a good benchmark for this because I write/re-write half the content and am often looking for other things when I play parts of this game.
I do playtest it though... and I do play through scenes when Z passes them along as they are developed. I don't time myself when I do, so I can't really answer that, also because I go back and forth to look at the various paths.
That said, I like to think of myself as a fast reader, and I know for a fact that I couldn't read the content of this update in 5-10 minutes without racing through it, which I don't think is the point of this or any other game of this kind.

Gari Fuze

Feb 19, 2020
The update is really short stupid to deny this it is only 1 sex scene pretty much.
But the quality is high, we finally get to see shani.

I think with this game it would be good to wait 1-2 years before playing for more content.
At least I don't know many if any games on this level of art/story/atmosphere.

Aug 15, 2021
If anything, I am defending the work Z puts into the game, rather than myself. I believe it's poor form to freeload a game and then complain about the lack of content when the time taken to play it clearly indicates people have raced through it skipping the plot wholesale, and I will say so however badly it might look to you. I guess the entitlement of certain people rubs me the wrong way because I know the amount of work that goes into making this. I'm all for debating and even magnifying issues the game might have... That's how we learn and improve... but when all someone contributes to the debate is "So short it sucks, do more", I do take exception to that.

..and yeah.. let's not kid around.. some people really are the fapping addicts you mention. If that's not you, more power to you, I say, and thank you for taking the time to enjoy the game the way we intend it to be enjoyed.

Playing it as I would another game, I haven't done in at least 2-3 updates.
I am not a good benchmark for this because I write/re-write half the content and am often looking for other things when I play parts of this game.
I do playtest it though... and I do play through scenes when Z passes them along as they are developed. I don't time myself when I do, so I can't really answer that, also because I go back and forth to look at the various paths.
That said, I like to think of myself as a fast reader, and I know for a fact that I couldn't read the content of this update in 5-10 minutes without racing through it, which I don't think is the point of this or any other game of this kind.
Disclaimer: I have not played this game and I dont plan to for the next 2-3 updates. These are just my opinions on your comment since I disagree with a lot of what you said.

If you truly are in favor of debating/magnifying issues the game might have then I think you are being a bit shortsighted. In the development cycle of anything you get to a point of diminishing returns. Having long development cycles and people consistently complaining about not enough content could hint towards the fact that maybe you are chasing those diminishing returns and your time might be better spent elsewhere. That does not mean you should toss everything away and start churning out garbage but it is an opportunity to do a retrospective and figure out where most of the dev time was spent, what did you get out of it and was it really worth that time. Dev time is a far more important resource than good machines for rendering and you need to be smart about how you use it. If you are satisfied with how the time was spent then keep doing whatever it is you are doing and ignore the people who complain. If not then it is a good opportunity for improvement.

Secondly since you mentioned you experiment with different paths, you also need to understand not everyone cares to do that and for those that dont replay the game the updates will feel short - I am more inclined to believe the people complaining than you because as you admitted yourself - you play differently from them (replaying paths etc). I dont think dismissing everyone that complains as 'fapping addicts' is justified just because they dont play the same way you do and might only pursue a single path. When I play the game I just go for a single path (preferably the one with the most content) since I dont have the patience to replay. If the game is designed by the developers with replays/branching in mind thats on me but if not then short updates are a valid opinion. Maybe it is true that updates take more than 10-15 minutes to go through but that does not invalidate people's opinions that they think it is short. It might be the case that your own perspective of the game length/content might be a bit inflated because of how much you replay it. The experience of a playtester != the experience of the average player.

Bruno3

May 12, 2020
If anything, I am defending the work Z puts into the game, rather than myself
Awesome, i like you more now.
I was gonna write what i think would satisfy those players but gave up mid way so i'll just keep everything simple.
If you ask me, i dont think they complain about the lack of animations but given the time to develop this update and the content in it doesnt match. Which is understandable given IRL circumstances and the first game is always a learning experience so yeah people should cut some slack. Perhaps if you add even more text and renders or something to do that prolongs the update people couldnt complain that its too short, you should try doing something that makes the players complain its too long lmao
I really cant complain about this game at all, when i see a good plot in the update that already settles it for me, it is getting there at a steady pace, but i also do can see why other players think its too short, it is what it is

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
ar110ar Bruno3

Fair points and yes, I acknowledge that I am biased.
My contention is mostly with people who demonstrate from their post that they haven't actually played the game and explored all the content. When someone tells me they've gone through it in 5 minutes, or that there there's only 1 sex scene, I question the validity of their judgement or opinion, because we have, as per quest log, redone one scene (which admittedly a player may say doesn't count, and fair play to them), there's the big important/lewd scene (possibly the longest lewd scene Z has ever done, taking on board some criticism that pointed out that his lewd scenes felt a bit short), and then there are 2 more lewd scenes, however small, plus another non lewd big character development moment.. so.. to those people I say, what are (generic)you even talking about, have you even played the game?

So if I bother to react at all, especially prior to the public release date, it's because that is just a misrepresentation of the game and could give people the wrong idea. If you have played the update, enjoyed it for what it is and still think it's short, fair, that's a legit opinion... but in that case I am not reacting to you. If from your post I can tell that you obviously didn't read anything, or have missed half the content, then I am going to push back against that.
As for time and development.. this is basically the 8th release in a year, I'd say we're doing fairly well, all things considered... especially compared to some of the big names out there, considering the time of the year, and some of the IRL challenges and commitments that have been dealt with during the development of the last 2 updates.
That said, we are learning with each update and do take your observations on board.
My main concern, when it comes down to dev time, has always been, and always will be, to try and have Z pull the brakes occasionally, rather than working himself into a burnout, so you will never catch me apologising for how long an update might have taken to deliver, irrespective of the quantity of the content.

3xtreme

Jan 5, 2017
I hope that we get the chance to make decisions for Shani in the zone. I know some of them might be brutal cause in my game she will belong only to Zaton, but that's why we have multiple save slots, right? :sneaky: And also I was pleasantly surprised by how good Shani's trainer looks, I hope we get to "thank" her for the job well done.

pizbia

Sep 17, 2017
The Shani scene was excellently done imo

The closeups near the neck really got that sense of closeness and her ass looked incredible

I actually really enjoyed the update, but this is one of the few games where I'll actually read every line

just whatever you guys do, don't change your game to please others, you already know the winning formula

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
The update is really short stupid to deny this it is only 1 sex scene pretty much.
But the quality is high, we finally get to see shani.

I think with this game it would be good to wait 1-2 years before playing for more content.
At least I don't know many if any games on this level of art/story/atmosphere.
Wait 1-2 years? No way, and I certainly wouldn't recommend that to new players just arriving at the thread. Everyone should try this game and experience everything it already offers. There is a mountain of good content in the game already (both lewds and story). Things may have slowed down a tad at the moment, but that is no reason to step away for years. When Shani's trials are over, she will be even closer to the MC, more home interactions will occur with all of the ladies, and of course the desert politics and conflicts will continue. There is so much potential for the future and to me at least things are really getting warmed up. Story-heavy episodes are necessary in all games that aren't 100% fapfests. One of the reasons I rate this game so highly is it delivers on lewds and story in equal measure.

QBaSS

Mar 18, 2019
Maybe short but surely nice
Gonna play it again from the start when I'm the mood
Hope to see more soon that's for sure
:love:

Reactions: ju1zzed

Ryu974

Jun 13, 2017
ar110ar Bruno3

Fair points and yes, I acknowledge that I am biased.
My contention is mostly with people who demonstrate from their post that they haven't actually played the game and explored all the content. When someone tells me they've gone through it in 5 minutes, or that there there's only 1 sex scene, I question the validity of their judgement or opinion, because we have, as per quest log, redone one scene (which admittedly a player may say doesn't count, and fair play to them), there's the big important/lewd scene (possibly the longest lewd scene Z has ever done, taking on board some criticism that pointed out that his lewd scenes felt a bit short), and then there are 2 more lewd scenes, however small, plus another non lewd big character development moment.. so.. to those people I say, what are (generic)you even talking about, have you even played the game?

So if I bother to react at all, especially prior to the public release date, it's because that is just a misrepresentation of the game and could give people the wrong idea. If you have played the update, enjoyed it for what it is and still think it's short, fair, that's a legit opinion... but in that case I am not reacting to you. If from your post I can tell that you obviously didn't read anything, or have missed half the content, then I am going to push back against that.
As for time and development.. this is basically the 8th release in a year, I'd say we're doing fairly well, all things considered... especially compared to some of the big names out there, considering the time of the year, and some of the IRL challenges and commitments that have been dealt with during the development of the last 2 updates.
That said, we are learning with each update and do take your observations on board.
My main concern, when it comes down to dev time, has always been, and always will be, to try and have Z pull the brakes occasionally, rather than working himself into a burnout, so you will never catch me apologising for how long an update might have taken to deliver, irrespective of the quantity of the content.
So first of all before complaining, we and i have to aknowledge the fact that the game is realy great no doubt about that, people don't complaining about the " game " itself but mostly about this " update ", wich lets not forget took 3 Month.

I was a patreon but when i saw the update delayed each month with promesses of great update to come, i just canceled my membership and im glad that i did, cause after 3 month you only got this amount of new content i can't only understand the disapoitment.

Once again if you'r new then yes you will be satisfied for sure, but not sure if this will be the case for people who did the last update.
I also don't understand why the game get new" revamp " each update its the character or the menu who get rework and in my opinion you guys are loosing a lot of time in those details instead of adding new content, will be best to continue the plot and then if you want to change something you can do it but with not that much of content if you keep doing this every time well then we gotta wait at least 5 month between wich update especialy when you considering this one as a small one so i don't want to imagine what the biggest update gonna take in term of time.

And last but not least, now we have the option to sleep with out wife " finaly" and all we get is just a blowjob ? SERIOUSLY so we can screw our " adopted " daughters but not their mom ? com on :confused:, i know we already fuced her but you do it just once and you can repeat the even.
i think this update would have been greater if you could at least repeat or give us a " hard " version on the scene with shani, cause honestly this was just too much lovely for me didnt expect this at all, im sure there are a lot of people who will be happy with this, but im here mostly for the dominant stuff and this update wasnt realy for me.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I thought this was Shani's update? Guess it's the next one. And it will feel very short in this instance for those who don't want to follow Shani's adventure.

This update can feel short for those who don't help the mutants, only play 1 path and don't replay the first scene.

I liked the first scene remake, especially Assani's dialogue that were missing. A bit disappointed though that there is not the talk anymore between the raiders before they attack, it was a funny Z movie moment.

Suggestion: the first choice is not very clear that there is difference in the violence.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I noticed a bug with the presentation option:

Reactions: SharkVampire

Loxxxthenasty

May 1, 2020
[Ren'Py] Desert Stalker [v0.08b] [Zetan] [OS@3.42GB, QR@85%, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 3.42GB
MyRepack-YAC size: 700MB

PC = WorkUpload / /

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful :whistle:
Your compression sucks dude!!

4.80 star(s) 589 Votes