Alleyway

Nov 27, 2018
I love this game. Genuinely. I have been a supporter from the initial drop, the day or the day after the game debuted. So when I say that the last couple of updates have been a little frustrating, a little blue-balling, I mean it in as loving a way as I can. Desert Stalker is shaping up to be one of the best Western AVN's I've ever played, in terms of story, music, direction, y'know, the production is just rock fuckin' solid. It also has some truly stellar sex scenes. Just not recently.

Pacing isn't foreign to me, not every update can feature the highs of a mad queen with a flame thrower or choking a raider girl unconscious with dick while her sister massacres the place, or sending your eldest off on a grand adventure in the most proper manner a father knows how, these moments are built to. That's why their special when you reach them. It can't be all spectacle, all the time. And getting regular updates is just swell, even if it means sometimes you just get filler and setup.

I understand all of that. My appreciation for Zetan's work has not diminished, and I am no less in love with the game than I was three months ago. It's just... you go to the International House of Pancakes, you're probably gonna want some pancakes. Well, I have a seat reserved here in the Post-Apocalyptic Middle Eastern House of Hardcore Sex and Violence...

I'd really like some fuckin' pancakes, man.

Tyr Unchained

Sep 23, 2019
Sex scene new = zero.
Don't worry. You got some extra-good spanking courtesy of Paz and Cynical so feel free to count it as an extra scene just for you! Not sure how much tissues you used but there are certainly easier ways to beg for attention! :KEK:

Tthe update itself -awesome as far as I'm concerned. Took time but added decent amount of content and most importantly - hasn't sacrificed quality of either narrative or art just to satisfy "fap quota" Looking forward to more in the future...

Last edited:
Reactions: Andeddo

KhaiFirst

Feb 27, 2021
Last edited:

Alleyway

Nov 27, 2018
how u got that i pay on patreon, how get that or setup it ?
In 'Your Account'.

Click on 'Connected Accounts'.

Connect your Patreon to your F95 account.

Unfortunately Substar and a lot of Patreon pledges don't transfer. I'm actually supporting a handful of devs right now and only Naughty shows up.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: KhaiFirst

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
In 'Your Account'.

Unfortunately Substar and a lot of Patreon pledges don't transfer. I'm actually supporting a handful of devs right now and only Naughty shows up.
The reason of this is that the dev has to activate this funktion on patreon. If the dev just says "Hmm, nope" or "Fuck this, i'm out of here " then there are no badges.

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
I'd really like some fuckin' pancakes, man.
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
Our regular pancake service, both sweet and savoury, will resume in the near future.
Actually..
Since you had such kind words even when you were disappointed, allow me to give you a more exhaustive comment/viewpoint and also a fair warning.

This is and remains a game in progress of development and our goal is to produce a balanced product overall, and to make choices matter when they are important and not just a roleplay flavouring.
As an example of that, there would be little sense in sparing the blue haired raider if we never showed her again, and yes, this does mean that if you killed her, you get, in this instance, less (lewd) content.

Shooting for an overall project means that there are build up phases that will signify less gallery scenes for certain updates.
The same is true for the introduction of new sets, locations and props. Those take time to make and put together for their first introduction.
Once we have them in place, I believe, it will be easier to reuse them a second time around.
Z can be more precise and exhaustive on that score. Find him in the discord for more details.

Do consider that places like the Zone will probably focus on more storytelling and set building/adventure/gore than on sexy times because that's just the nature of the place.
The Zones and the occurrences within and around them are a central theme of the game and we are not going to apologize for trying to give them the right amount of buildup and weight, even at the cost of lewd content ratio. This is just an inevitable reality of the game.

That said, Z is also the kind of guy who is never happy with past material if he knows he can do better now... But we are trying to contain his urge to do certain things over from scratch. I can almost promise that the next update will contain no significant scene reworks.

Ultimately this is a game that leans heavily on the games it is an homage to, and that incidentally contains sex scenes.
Those scenes have to be naturally flowing and make sense in the story, not just happen because people would like to have a set nr of.. wancakes per update.
There will be plenty more moments of utter violence, rough sex and domination, but they do have to make sense narratively.
I do still believe that there is a fair amount of lewd content in this one even if it's a little less obvious and yes, I agree, this update is more blueballing than others, but that is both necessary in terms of introducing new kinks and titillating in its own right.
I believe that showing off Zahra to a jealous brother in law and setting up future power dynamics both requires a measure of pacing time and is a kinky experience in and of itself, even without a money shot. But I realise that this is not everybody's cup of tea or even what everybody would consider a worthy "scene moment". To that point I shall have to agree to disagree with them.
As for comments different than yours, like "there's nothing worth seeing in the update" or that the time spent on a date with Ain is pointless because it didn't immediately lead to or displayed sex, I can only point out that they clearly neither care for the characters beyond fappability nor bother to read the dialogues... else they would know that ending that scene with yet another sex act would make that entire character progression pointless (by the way, Ain is still the single character with the most lewd content).. We don't make the game for them.
From a storytelling perspective it is simply impossible to reach high points at every update, or to give room to everybody's favourite piece of ass in every update... and what constitutes a high point for one player is par for the course for the next. That said, development and release time has been a factor in disappointing some of the public.
We know this, have taken this into account and will actively try to do better in the next round.

Tl;Dr there will be more wancakes, but we're not going to stuff your faces with them by the cartload .

EDIT: point of order... by all measurable metrics, time spent on making environments, nr of lines coded, complexity of variables, nr and complexity/quality of renders and of animations, this is the biggest update yet, even if it may not feel that way (and I am not trying to invalidate how you feel about an update as a player, because that is your prerogative). Is it enough to justify a 3.5 months long development time? that is for you to decide, but I will not have people start spouting nonsense about Z slacking off and milking the patrons (incidentally, why is it almost never the patrons but the freeloaders who raise these "concerns"?)... because that just is not the case.

Last edited:

KhaiFirst

Feb 27, 2021
In 'Your Account'.

i can't error pop up... like poop it lay

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Alleyway
4.80 star(s) 584 Votes