Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
was going to ask the same thing ,but you beat me to it
I'm guessing it's the older daughter (Shani) In the last update, she took over as the one we play as in the market, even made a choice or 2 with her. It wasn't much not much so far, but I'm guessing she is, and will be the reason for the FemProtag tag going forward.

weretiger

Apr 24, 2020
I'm guessing it's the older daughter (Shani) In the last update, she took over as the one we play as in the market, even made a choice or 2 with her. It wasn't much not much so far, but I'm guessing she is, and will be the reason for the FemProtag tag going forward.
Yeah I think you are right, but I would like to see her also more involved into a sexaul relationship with the MC. On the other hand it would be really nice to play more out of her view.

Reactions: Mograx

Roy26633356

May 16, 2020
There is a huge issue with scrolling back. It takes you way to the beginning where you fight the raiders. I lost all my progress many times. And when you save and reload the game breaks:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 272, in script call
    RF "WHAT THE FUCK?!"
  File "game/after_load.rpy", line 5, in script call
    call rename_chars from _call_rename_chars
  File "game/after_load.rpy", line 20, in script
    if persistent.E_name is None and maid == "True":
  File "game/after_load.rpy", line 20, in <module>
NameError: name 'maid' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 272, in script call
    RF "WHAT THE FUCK?!"
  File "game/after_load.rpy", line 5, in script call
    call rename_chars from _call_rename_chars
  File "game/after_load.rpy", line 20, in script
  File "C:\Users\Artur\Downloads\Hen Games\DesertStalker-0.04-pc\DesertStalker-0.04-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Users\Artur\Downloads\Hen Games\DesertStalker-0.04-pc\DesertStalker-0.04-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\Artur\Downloads\Hen Games\DesertStalker-0.04-pc\DesertStalker-0.04-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/after_load.rpy", line 20, in <module>
NameError: name 'maid' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Desert Stalker 0.04
Wed Mar 17 02:58:58 2021
Just delete after_load.rpy & after_load.rpyc
Both file

Reactions: jhustrue

awex

Oct 3, 2017
Dev: You should be declaring any new variables with the "default" statement, so that when loading a game from an older version the new variable will have a value.

I was trying to debug some issues and noticed you are making things more difficult for yourself.

python has booleans, you can use False and True instead of strings "False" and "True".
However, if you change existing variables you will break saved games.

menus can also be labels, you don't need to do that yourself.
You don't always need to use jump/label with menus. The end of a menu branch sends you to statement after the menu.
Make sure the indentation is correct when using nested menus so you continue to the right place.

example:
Code:
label start:
    "What is your favorite color?"
    menu color_question:
        "red":
            $red = True # continues to the statement after the menu statement
        "blue":
            $red = False # continues to the statement after the menu statement
        "something else"
            "bad luck"
            jump color_question
    "ok" # red and blue branches continue here, as this is the statement after the "menu" statement with the same indentation
    # continues to next label automatically, you don't need to jump to show_color

label show_color:
    if red:
        "you like red"
    if not red:
        "you like blue"
I would recommend reading the ren'py documentation for what you can do.
At the very least, check the documentation for the statements you are using.
One last tip, use the ren'py "Check Script (Lint)" tool and fix the issues it raises.

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
was going to ask the same thing ,but you beat me to it
There is a scene where the story is told from the eldest daughter's point of view.

But what does it matter? It doesn't change the render quality or the intruiging setting of this VN.

Reactions: dsnow

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
When you get None to tell you her real name, and your character says he will use that from now on, she is still just called None.

laeg

Donor
Dec 22, 2017
Edit // 16.03.2021:
Bugs have been fixed, links have been updated. If you still find some, let us know in the discord and we will send you the corrected script asap.
The next update will focus on a new faction, as well as home activities. Thank you to everyone who joined!! ;)

Full version:

PC:
Mac:
Android:

0.04 Patch (0.03 required):

PC:
Script (newest fixes):

Sorry i shared "unnoficial" bugged patreon update....(whatever that means) :D

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
How do we know when the current update is fully played? I just finished with the trip to the market. Now it is repeat same everything. I did these 3 days in a row and nothing new happened. Guessing I have played up to v0.4???

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
Also wondering this. "Script" does not really explain much.
ZetanDS
People who downloaded the buggy file that was posted on here yesterday and have had issues might solve those issues by pasting the script file in the game folder. If it works, it's a quick solution. If it doesn't, you should download the whole patch or the game in its entirety

4.80 star(s) 589 Votes