Vicxent

Sep 29, 2020
Saves are linked to the APKs (that's why they're lost if you uninstall the app) but they're not actually part of it. They should located in the external storage, under
Code:
/Android/data/org.zetan.ds/files/saves/
Ahh I see, thanks for this. I actually thought saves are inside the game itself since saves are deleted when the app is uninstalled.

Vicxent

Sep 29, 2020
I am not that interested in being a royal. The child ok, but for me, I like going out on missions instead of sitting in throne room all day. Desert Stalker: Get out there and slay enemies one day and vag the next. Or save time and combine the two. :WeSmart:
The dev could put a mission room like place similar to the Mutant bunker and the highway outpost after being conquered by the raiders. After you marry/copulate? with the queen. I'm guessing a viable antagonist for this mission line would be Zeta vs Mutants and Lord Abrax. Since it's clear Lord Abrax is planning something. Though we'll find out on what the dev plans for the queen and Zeta.

RHead

Apr 8, 2020
Just stumbled on this little gem of a game. Really nice. I wonder, is there some indication when you have gone through the current content? I have started on the Zone with Shani, and returned to the shelter after exploring the factory. Meanwhile the MC has been to Ivy's place and helped the raiders take over the General's operation. Is that it so far, or am I missing something? There are no indications of new events/content...

Reactions: ksatnod

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Bro the queen is the law
That is a common misconception.

Even in the most absolute dictatorship, the dictator still needs to keep people happy.

If either the inner circle or the general population become too unhappy, the dictator will be on his/her way out and probably dead.

In the case of the game, Queen Merneith strongly bases herself on ancient Egyptian mythology, which is the reason why her stalkers need to collect artifacts. But it also means that, like the Pharaoh's of ancient Egypt, she can't rule without consent of the priests.

ksatnod

Jan 6, 2019
Just stumbled on this little gem of a game. Really nice. I wonder, is there some indication when you have gone through the current content? I have started on the Zone with Shani, and returned to the shelter after exploring the factory. Meanwhile the MC has been to Ivy's place and helped the raiders take over the General's operation. Is that it so far, or am I missing something? There are no indications of new events/content...
That's probably it, check the quest log, quests that aren't completed but are at the end of their events will have a "to be continued" underneath their title when selected, if all incomplete quests have that message, you're up to date. With regards to your spoiler what did the item that Shani retrieved look like again?

The dev could put a mission room like place similar to the Mutant bunker and the highway outpost after being conquered by the raiders. After you marry/copulate? with the queen. I'm guessing a viable antagonist for this mission line would be Zeta vs Mutants and Lord Abrax. Since it's clear Lord Abrax is planning something. Though we'll find out on what the dev plans for the queen and Zeta.
I have some thoughts on what Abrax is planning, in short, it's an unstable bomb but then I wondered if it's a traditional bomb or is it something to turn Zetans into decayed or mutants?

Is there a speculation thread or can we just use spoilers in this thread?

Reactions: Yngling

RHead

Apr 8, 2020
That's probably it, check the quest log, quests that aren't completed but are at the end of their events will have a "to be continued" underneath their title when selected, if all incomplete quests have that message, you're up to date. [/ispoiler]
Thanks. Seems I am through the current content then. It is a bit confusing, as some quest say "To be continued" in the quest list on the left, while others show that in the quest text on the right...

With regards to your spoiler what did the item that Shani retrieved look like again?

The glowing cylinder?

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020

Even in the most absolute dictatorship, the dictator still needs to keep people happy.

If either the inner circle or the general population become too unhappy, the dictator will be on his/her way out and probably dead.
Technically, all a dictator needs is the loyality of the army, through witch he can keep the territory under control by force. And it can be obtained by different means, it hasn't to be a moral loyality. He might be the only one able to provide the army with some degree of wealth, have key obstages or some other form of leverage.

Yet if the people is angry he can't sit carefree on his chair.

But then, actually, at least for some time, dictators tend to be very popular among the people. It's after the regime fell that everyone have always been against the dictator and for democracy...

Reactions: ksatnod and Yngling

ksatnod

Jan 6, 2019
I'd say go ahead...
Alright, it's probably absurd and unlikely but here goes It seems clear that Abrax's decayed is hostile to Zeta and probably everyone, it also seems to me that they're the most advanced techwise, (though I don't recall if they have access to firearms) and the most populous. So the artifact can't be something useful to Zeta or else he'd try to convince Shani/MC to bring it to him instead.

So the simplest explanation is that it's a bomb, dirty bomb or some other way of causing destruction. Plotwise I think it would push Zeta closer to the mutants who might be the only faction that definitely have guns on hand, and that would solve the moral/strategic dilemma that the mutants are in. It also might make Zeta more amenable to allying with raiders.

Depending on how the devs wants to write it, I could see Abrax thinking the artifact would turn normal humans into decayed but it backfiring and it turning Zetans into mutants(which would answer the question on the mutant's low numbers and being accepted by Zetan society) or maybe even having multiple effects like it turning some into decayed, some into mutants, and others just remain unaffected.

Finally, there's always a chance that the artifact is a dud and will disappoint both the Queen and Abrax but mostly Abrax since he's the one trying to play 4D chess with it.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Technically, all a dictator needs is the loyality of the army, through witch he can keep the territory under control by force. And it can be obtained by different means, it hasn't to be a moral loyality. He might be the only one able to provide the army with some degree of wealth, have key obstages or some other form of leverage.

Yet if the people is angry he can't sit carefree on his chair.

But then, actually, at least for some time, dictators tend to be very popular among the people. It's after the regime fell that everyone have always been against the dictator and for democracy...
We are getting off topic, but who is the army?

It can be two things:

1) Conscripts, militia or professionals who are part of the general population and serving for a sense of duty and perhaps monetary compensation. These are loyal to the state but the state may or may not be the same as the dictator.

2) Mercenaries who have no ties to the general population. They are neither loyal to the state or the dictator but loyal to the money.

As Machiavelli already argued, mercenaries may seem nice at first but at some point the WILL turn against you and your population and then you'll have two problems.

As a dictator, therefore, you will want to go for a people's army but then you will need also the loyalty and support of a large part of the population.

cvjoint

Apr 29, 2022

In the case of the game, Queen Merneith strongly bases herself on ancient Egyptian mythology, which is the reason why her stalkers need to collect artifacts. But it also means that, like the Pharaoh's of ancient Egypt, she can't rule without consent of the priests.
North Korea is a stunning example of a dictator who rules over a people that are absolutely miserable but he still rules absolutely

• Angry
Reactions: yngve and ksatnod

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
North Korea is a stunning example of a dictator who rules over a people that are absolutely miserable but he still rules absolutely
It may seem to you that they are "absolutely miserable" but for some reason apparently they are content (or afraid) enough not to rebel.

But I would suggest that prosperity and happiness are not the same and neither is absolute.

I have never been to North Korea so I don't really hold an opinion on the country. From what I see on TV it does not seem very appealing to me, but perhaps the North Koreans have a different opinion.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
It may seem to you that they are "absolutely miserable" but for some reason apparently they are content (or afraid) enough not to rebel.

But I would suggest that prosperity and happiness are not the same and neither is absolute.

I have never been to North Korea so I don't really hold an opinion on the country. From what I see on TV it does not seem very appealing to me, but perhaps the North Koreans have a different opinion.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

El_Loco

Nov 15, 2019

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
I fuck the law.

as for the checks and balances... the queen is broadly considered a goddess by the general populace... this is enforced and by the state church, the Temple. there are zealots in all levels of society and all walks of life.. much as there are more detached and cynical and even non-religious individuals...
a fair bit of the population are Children of Zeta, children born through the...breeding policies enacted by the Temple.
The Children of Zeta who are not adopted into families, enter the service of the Temple, one way or another, or enter the palace bureacratic apparatus, or the army. This means that all 3 of those institutions are in a solid percentage populated by Children of Zeta, who got most of their basic (and advanced) education from the Temple itself.
The queen is, at least, nominally, above the temple on account of the temple being pretty much dedicated to the cult of the queen, both as an individual and institution.
Of course, there are those, in the Temple and elsewhere, who play a role into selecting the new queen, and raising/educating/shaping her... it stands to reason that at least some of those would be people less enchanted by the supposed divine nature of the queen... then again, the Catholic Pope can be a political nomination but even then, the cardinals all swear by the fact that their votes are guided by prayer and divine inspiration, and the masses of Catholics will still consider the Pope as a divinely guided ultimate authority on all matters religious, if not more.... so there...

4.80 star(s) 584 Votes