GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
So it's been months already and Fairy bug still not fixed in the new release. I see that dev doesn't care at all. Time to leave a review I guess.
Or maybe they didn't see it? What Fairy bug are you referring to?

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Not just the raiders, he's also pretty much the leader of the mutants now too.
I think indeed "pretty much" but not completely.

The question remains whether the Mutants would accept a non-mutant leader.

And the other thing is similar to Zaton becoming leader of the Raiders, does it really improve his position?

I think becoming the Queen of Zeta's most trusted general / diplomat / agent is more beneficial than becoming the leader of some small and/or unstable faction.

Unless you prefer a Atilla the Hun kind of lifestyle.

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
I think indeed "pretty much" but not completely.

The question remains whether the Mutants would accept a non-mutant leader.

And the other thing is similar to Zaton becoming leader of the Raiders, does it really improve his position?

I think becoming the Queen of Zeta's most trusted general / diplomat / agent is more beneficial than becoming the leader of some small and/or unstable faction.

Unless you prefer a Atilla the Hun kind of lifestyle.
The faction with the mutants is kinda similar to the raiders. Albeit, they may be the more stable/non-volatile faction in comparison to the raiders because there does seem to be more of an ingrained bureaucratic structure and/or discipline and governance within the ranks of the mutants versus the raiders. That much is certain at least (unless otherwise shown in subsequent game updates).

Moreover, I foresee there being a potential rift within the Mutants faction because mayhaps some of the members in their ranks may oppose appeasement with the Zetan empire and may prefer to engage in direct conflict with them instead as a means of asserting their dominance as the overarching/central faction of importance within Zeta.

Overall, though, since Zaton is still somewhat seen as an outsider amongst the mutants, they may still not completely put their utmost faith in him as their leader, and some may be secretly plotting behind his back (cloak and dagger style).

So with that said, although the mutants are more than likely the more stable faction of choice for Zaton to represent, there still is a fair degree and/or element of uncertainty that permeates the ranks of the mutants. Hence, I find it somewhat questionable that the mutants may serve as a viable long-term faction for the MC to lord over given the future of Zeta.

However, leading as the mutant's leader and engulfing Zetan society with mutants may be a potential post-game scenario if players choose to strictly limit themselves to the mutant route. Having said that, I would be somewhat questionable over the long-term viability of the MC and the mutant clan and their ability to properly govern Zeta without incurring some form of a civil war or indifference amongst people in Zeta who are non-mutants vs those who do possess mutant characteristics and abilities.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I would be somewhat questionable over the long-term viability of the MC and the mutant clan and their ability to properly govern Zeta without incurring some form of a civil war or indifference amongst people in Zeta who are non-mutants vs those who do possess mutant characteristics and abilities.
Which is why the rift between mutants and non-mutants exists in the first place.

And Zaton, being in fact a non-mutant, would eventually considered a non-mutant by the mutants and thus not be able to last.

Peaceful integration of the mutants seems a better path, but for that we need an intact Zetan civilization. And it seems that's the way we are heading at the moment. After the clash with the Decayed has come to a conclusion, the question is how strong the alliances Zeta is presently building are, and how willing Zeta actually is to accomodate the Mutants.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
To achieve that, you must, take down the Priests, which manipulate the queen, that means bring the queen to your side, unify Mutants, use Raiders as comando units, bring the Hive up. defeat the Army of the priests, and then face the Decayed,
I think there is a New World Order coming around.

Reactions: Yngling

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
but for that we need an intact Zetan civilization. And it seems that's the way we are heading at the moment. After the clash with the Decayed has come to a conclusion, the question is how strong the alliances Zeta is presently building are, and how willing Zeta actually is to accomodate the Mutants.
Yeah most certainly. Cultural/peaceful assimilation will not be an easy feat to attain from the initial stages. This would largely depend upon how Zeta as a society fares following whatever ongoing conflict/war occurs and what is left once the dust "figuratively" settles that will dictate how tolerant Zeta is as a society for harmonious integration with other foreign groups/factions (e.g., Mutants).

If there is no semblance of an appetite for tolerance, then integration will be but a distant goal to attain in a realistic sense sad as it might be to say.

1709594235831.png

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
The raiders are optional too, you ignore them if you don't save Asha's sister. The hive too if you keep Mantis with you (if you're on the mutants path)

The overarching story is probably conflict between the queen of Zeta and Abrax.
I get vibes like it's going to be a bit of Yojimbo (1961)/Last Man Standing (1996), where the factions are played against each other. But I'm uncertain what Zotan's endgame would be.

4.80 star(s) 584 Votes