HarryJSON

Apr 7, 2023
View attachment 3966467 View attachment 3966468 View attachment 3966470

Dev log 25.08.2024

More progress, more reworks. So much left to do, but we're getting there, as always.

Hope you all had a decent week!

Render progress:
Mutant's quest II: 30%

Reworks (& folder names):
Shani's first adventure (d2e): 100%
Back from the pyramid: (d2f): 0%
Ivy's test; mistreated slave (d3b): 20%
Shani and MC in old Cairo (d3c): 10%
Emilia's introduction (d3d): 0%
Kyra in basement (d4a): 100%
Ain's attempted kidnapping (d4b): 0%
Discovering the mutants (d5b): 100%
First trip to Adira w/ Kyra (d5c): 50%
Queen roasts kidnapper (d5d): 10%
Kateryna & Igor first visit: 0%
Abrax' introduction: 30%
Showing Kateryna the city (d6a): 50%
First Asani visit (d6b): 0%

Complete code rework: 0%
UI rework (home buttons): 0%

Repeatable events:
Household repeatable events: 0%
Igor repeatable visit: 0%
Raider throne room repeatable sex: 0%
Mutants repeatable sex events: 0%

Animations (incl. new ones in reworks): 0%
The guy in the first picture looks like an asshole. I hope he is a slave owner and we get to snatch his slave from him.

EVIL555

Oct 27, 2022

Dev log 25.08.2024

More progress, more reworks. So much left to do, but we're getting there, as always.

Render progress:

Repeatable events:

today he is early
in short, there will be only alterations and that's all

Seriously, why didn't he do it when we save the slave? GG doesn't take her for himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kak99

F l1PPA

Jun 7, 2020

Dev log 25.08.2024

Render progress:

Repeatable events:

Lot of works though. I

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I've never seen a game that does reworks of old content that I felt like was a good use of time and effort.
Maybe not to someone who has already played and/or doesn't intend to replay, but it will matter to the dev who is about to launch on Steam... where that first impression could affect the success of the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
When you look at older renders compared to new renders, it's like night and day. The lighting, camera angles, and poses have all been improved to match the newer parts of the game.

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
look at older renders compared to new renders, it's like night and day. The lighting, camera angles, and poses have all been improved to match the newer parts of the game
Yeah, those were the elements that struck me the most. The lighting especially gives it that real cinematic appeal which makes for a more immersive viewing experience. Whereas the previous renders sort of had this "glossy/low saturated look" look to it that didn't appear as sharp/finely detailed as the scenes do in the newer renders per-se.....

The poses look a lot more refined I have to say and really showcase Shani's acrobatic capabilities in much more expressive manner I would say...

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Dont know what the quality of art has to do with anything whether the game gets a green light on Steam or not.
I would think its rather about how controversial it is or extreme, like some illegal stuff, if you dont follow their rules, not the aesthetics.
Not about the green light to go on Steam, but player's initial perception of the game that would be reflected in reviews, refund requests, etc.

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Dont know what the quality of art has to do with anything whether the game gets a green light on Steam or not.
I would think its rather about how controversial it is or extreme, like some illegal stuff, if you dont follow their rules, not the aesthetics.
My understanding is that it's probably less about the art, and moreso about the depiction of certain characters and the extent/level of debauchery on lewd acts performed upon them. Prepubescent characters that are displayed in such a regard concerning their body type and other aspects of their model, will certainly not allow for Steam to green light such games, as is the case with Patreon on that very same matter.

As a content creator you have to tread a very fine line on what topics/themes that your game is touching upon, otherwise its back to the drawing board for you when you want to get certain games green-lit on highly regulated gaming distribution and hosting platforms like Steam.

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Does this have an alternative title on Steam, wanna wishlist this asap but can't find it :(
Not to my knowledge, no alternative title exists.... others can chime in if I am mistaken, but AFAIK DS hasn't yet been greenlit to be featured on Steam just yet.

Reactions: Mxiio

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
that does reworks of old content that I felt like was a good use of time and effort
I generally agree with your POV. Some devs end up doing too much that it ends up being too repetitive/cyclical where one would question whether those reworks necessitated the need for dev time and resources to be assigned to be worked on, when those resources could have been used for other aspects of the game. E.g., advancing the main plot or storyline narrative.

But that might moreso be the case for devs who get caught up in the vicious cycle of analysis paralysis so to speak. I don't see that reality being a huge concern with Zaton here (fingers crossed) IMHO.

In that, from a dev POV you spend a good chunk of developer resources reworking scenes, polishing up previous events, dialogues, reworking character model renders/bodily shapes, and other misc rework initiatives that gobble up a significant portion of dev time (not to mention the backlog of other tasks needing to be attended to in the dev backlog). E.g., advancing the plot and main story elements that would constitute the need for a significant content update.

I guess, really once we see 0.17 in action and play through the game from scratch, we can do our own mini-cross comparison to see (i.e., from a cost vs benefits perspective), were the reworks of old content substantial enough that made it worth the wait or not. We will have to see, but both my gut feeling and heart says yes, it will be absolutely worth the wait. But once pencil goes to paper, and we see things in real-time from our gaming purview, then that will reveal the devil in the details more conclusively.

Reactions: rai1230

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Btw, out of curiosity, what do y'all think about the following soundtrack from the Mummy movie?

Obviously copyright issues ofc, and the current soundtrack suits the Zetan marketplace environment well, but just hypothetically speaking, I feel like this soundtrack would fit in really nicely in the markets of Zeta, for example, when Zeton visits Omar and his family, and the street outside Omar's home is filled with merchants and other peddlers looking to sell various wares to Zeton and his family in the hustle and bustle of the city...it would fit nicely me thinks....

1724613840005.png

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

Mxiio

Jul 30, 2024
Btw, out of curiosity, what do y'all think about the following soundtrack from the Mummy movie?

Obviously copyright issues ofc, and the current soundtrack suits the Zetan marketplace environment well, but just hypothetically speaking, I feel like this soundtrack would fit in really nicely in the markets of Zeta, for example, when Zeton visits Omar and his family, and the street outside Omar's home is filled with merchants and other peddlers looking to sell various wares to Zeton and his family in the hustle and bustle of the city...it would fit nicely me thinks....

View attachment 3967152
I kind of think its' annoying to be honest. Maybe this , royalty free too. The one called At the Bazar seems somewhat similar I guess?

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
kind of think its' annoying to be honest
Oh yeah true, I see your point on that. Might come off as too obnoxious or unpalatable for some listeners, because of the different musical instruments being conveyed in the track....seems a little too repetitive as well to be looped in the game and might come off as too distracting.

Maybe this , royalty free too. The one called At the Bazar seems somewhat similar I guess
These tracks are pretty nice! Yeah, some of them are quite suitable indeed. At the Bazaar is really nice to listen to. Definitely see that fitting for the Zetan markets/street bazaars (y) :devilish:

Reactions: Mxiio

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
Maybe not to someone who has already played and/or doesn't intend to replay, but it will matter to the dev who is about to launch on Steam... where that first impression could affect the success of the game.

When you look at older renders compared to new renders, it's like night and day. The lighting, camera angles, and poses have all been improved to match the newer parts of the game.
I agree with you on this. The problem is not the rework tendency. The problem is us players who start playing a game before it had the 'complete' tag. It's a habit we should force ourself to lose.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I agree with you on this. The problem is not the rework tendency. The problem is us players who start playing a game before it had the 'complete' tag. It's a habit we should force ourself to lose.
I don't mind it for DS because we're still getting new content and the game is progressing forward. It's understandable that people are skeptical about reworks since so many devs who do them don't seem to do so in the most efficient way... but I think Zetan is doing it right and from what I've seen from previews and the things he's shown me privately, I think the game will be better for it.

4.80 star(s) 613 Votes