The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
DESERT STALKER IS COMING TO STEAM!.png

DESERT STALKER IS COMING TO STEAM!

Imagen de publicación de Patreon (2).gif

The starting shot has been fired! More than three years have passed since the first upload, and now comes a new chapter on the most popular platform, and we are more than hyped to announce:

Desert Stalker is now available for wish-listing on Steam!

In case you have missed the recent development logs, we not just busy working on the new content, but also finish the final batch of reworked content to present a whole new, remastered and reworked game. From better renders to extra content, restarting the game will be worth it.

And all this will come in one big update for 0.17!

I'll try to answer some potentially common questions below, but if you have any other questions let me know:

Q: Will the Steam version content be different from the Patreon/SubscribeStar version?
A: No, there will not be any additional or exclusive content across different platforms. Supporters on Patreon and SubscribeStar will continue to receive weekly development logs, monthly renders, and more opportunities to participate in the development process.

Q: Will the Patreon/SubscribeStar release schedules be affected after the Steam release?
A: No, the release schedules will remain unchanged.

Q: Why "Early Access"?
A: We've found that seasonal content works better with an on-rails narrative, which doesn't suit our game’s design since we don't have fixed story "choke points." That's why we've opted to release Desert Stalker in Early Access — it's a simpler and more fitting approach for our game.

Q: What will be the Steam update frequency/lifecycle?
A: We don't expect to update the Steam version with every new release, due to the maintenance it would require and because we still want to offer early access as a benefit for our regular supporters. This will also give us time to include up-to-date translations for the Steam updates.

Q: Will the saves be compatible between versions (Steam vs Patreon/SubscribeStar)?
A: That’s the goal, unless a specific technical issue prevents us from ensuring compatibility.

Q: Will the Steam release invalidate my current saves?
A: The Steam release presents an opportunity to upgrade our engine to the next major version (our current Ren'Py version reached end-of-life last May). This means there’s a chance players might need to start over, but we will do our best to avoid that — either through in-game compatibility or by providing an export/import function. We’ll provide more clarity as development progresses.

A steam release is something that never crossed my mind back when I started, and I sincerely mean it when I say THANK YOU, each and every one of you, for making it possible through those years!

Now let's spread the word ;)

Imagen de publicación de Patreon-1 (1).gif

Storm_13

Jul 13, 2019
Ah, so no more public releases. Can't fault the man wanting to make money off his project. At the very lease Steam doesn't block Patreon releases.
I agree BRO, but let the developer make money, his work should be paid, the more he earns, the better his desire and mood will be to work on the game, and accordingly the updates will be more extensive and of better quality. And ordinary players can wait a little while, until they can download the free game from this site :whistle:

Last edited:

RX-9/C

Jun 22, 2017
The only thing you can looking forward to right now is now that he got his game approved on Steam, he can start full focusing on finishing the all the reworks that he been doing so far to actually launch the Steam version since right now it just wishlist.

Buletti

Nov 7, 2023
View attachment 4054684

View attachment 4054696

The starting shot has been fired! More than three years have passed since the first upload, and now comes a new chapter on the most popular platform, and we are more than hyped to announce:

In case you have missed the recent development logs, we not just busy working on the new content, but also finish the final batch of reworked content to present a whole new, remastered and reworked game. From better renders to extra content, restarting the game will be worth it.

I'll try to answer some potentially common questions below, but if you have any other questions let me know:

Q: Will the Steam version content be different from the Patreon/SubscribeStar version?
A: No, there will not be any additional or exclusive content across different platforms. Supporters on Patreon and SubscribeStar will continue to receive weekly development logs, monthly renders, and more opportunities to participate in the development process.

Q: Will the Patreon/SubscribeStar release schedules be affected after the Steam release?

A: We've found that seasonal content works better with an on-rails narrative, which doesn't suit our game’s design since we don't have fixed story "choke points." That's why we've opted to release Desert Stalker in Early Access — it's a simpler and more fitting approach for our game.

A: We don't expect to update the Steam version with every new release, due to the maintenance it would require and because we still want to offer early access as a benefit for our regular supporters. This will also give us time to include up-to-date translations for the Steam updates.

Q: Will the saves be compatible between versions (Steam vs Patreon/SubscribeStar)?
A: That’s the goal, unless a specific technical issue prevents us from ensuring compatibility.

A: The Steam release presents an opportunity to upgrade our engine to the next major version (our current Ren'Py version reached end-of-life last May). This means there’s a chance players might need to start over, but we will do our best to avoid that — either through in-game compatibility or by providing an export/import function. We’ll provide more clarity as development progresses.

A steam release is something that never crossed my mind back when I started, and I sincerely mean it when I say THANK YOU, each and every one of you, for making it possible through those years!

View attachment 4054707
Okay, so finally the necessity has come to ask this:

I live in Germany. As crazy as it is Steam is blocking some games with sexual content here. Not everything, but quiet a lot of the games that are coming from this site. Including this game...

That means I cannot access the steam store page. It simply says the game is not available in my country.

The internet tells me though, that if I use a VPN I can do so without having to actively change my steam region.

I use Nord VPN, set my country to US and when I am in the "Download" section of the steam app is says that I am in New York, USA. Still, I get the same message when I try to access the direct link to the store provided in the post above. Search for desert Stalker of course is not successfull as well, even though it shows me 2 additional games in search results when I use the VPN compared to the search without VPN.

So somehow the VPN does work. Just not for this game...

Does anyone have some knowledge of how to solve this?

Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers!

RX-9/C

Jun 22, 2017

I live in Germany. As crazy as it is Steam is blocking some games with sexual content here. Not everything, but quiet a lot of the games that are coming from this site. Including this game...

That means I cannot access the steam store page. It simply says the game is not available in my country.

The internet tells me though, that if I use a VPN I can do so without having to actively change my steam region.

I use Nord VPN, set my country to US and when I am in the "Download" section of the steam app is says that I am in New York, USA. Still, I get the same message when I try to access the direct link to the store provided in the post above. Search for desert Stalker of course is not successfull as well, even though it shows me 2 additional games in search results when I use the VPN compared to the search without VPN.

Cheers!
It not searchable right now, you can only go through link

Krizalid

Nov 24, 2017
1726882415573.png

My smooth brain self cannot understand this. Does this means, for example, Steam version will only get the "final" release of a version? Let's say, Steam players will not get version 1.00a or 1.00b, they'll get 1.00d,

or does it mean Steam will get 1.0 and then 1.10 and not 1.01, 1.02 and so on?

Reactions: GbolnHunter

JRZ17

Dec 5, 2017

Cheers!
Hello,

I,m in Germany as well and one option to gain access to the game is by asking the dev for an activation code once
the game is finally released on steam with a code it has worked for me always,

Viele Grüße

Reactions: Buletti

RX-9/C

Jun 22, 2017
View attachment 4055424

My smooth brain self cannot understand this. Does this means, for example, Steam version will only get the "final" release of a version? Let's say, Steam players will not get version 1.00a or 1.00b, they'll get 1.00d,

or does it mean Steam will get 1.0 and then 1.10 and not 1.01, 1.02 and so on?
It means that the Steam version it not always up-to-date with the normal Patreon release because the maintenance on Steam is different and difficult than just giving you game.exe. It probably will be updated whenever the game get a big update not the normal rework, smaller updates.

sauron93

Donor
Nov 6, 2020
View attachment 4054684

View attachment 4054696

View attachment 4054707
20240921_093749.jpg

yellowteeth

Aug 17, 2023
View attachment 4054684

View attachment 4054696

View attachment 4054707
raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.jpg

BaneBR

Jan 9, 2024
I hope to see more options and cenes for slaves at next updates. (a system of slaves management would be nice, like Mystwood Manor). This is one of my best games, great work!

Reactions: Mount Parnassus
4.80 star(s) 613 Votes