Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
If it wasn´t for the Steam release and all the reworks, it would probably be October. But November seems like the mot likely right now.
Yeah, that's precisely why I factored in both the Steam release/reworks extending the time for the 0.17 upgrade. Otherwise, the mid-late October timeline would have been the more likely release time frame if not for the Steam release/additional reworks.

Reactions: Leinad_Sevla

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
its funny people keep complaining about rework, almost every update he reworks some scenes. This update just seem unusual because of focus on it for the steam release.
Normally I really don't like when devs go into rework mode, but I don't mind it in Desert Stalker because the dev has never halted forward progress on the game during the reworks. Every update has mostly been new content with a little bit of reworks. The new content is always good and the reworked content is always good.

So many other devs catch the rework bug after they've learned a few new techniques and they stop progress altogether to focus on making older scenes pretty. I've seen some VNs go into reworks 2 or 3 times over and they're still not finished. Thank goodness Desert Stalker wasn't done that way. IMO, new techniques should first and foremost be applied to new content and forward progress on the project should always be maintained.

Leinad_Sevla

Jun 30, 2023
Yeah, that's precisely why I factored in both the Steam release/reworks extending the time for the 0.17 upgrade. Otherwise, the mid-late October timeline would have been the more likely release time frame if not for the Steam release/additional reworks.
Pretty confident that the next updates will return to the usual schedule. Even if the Dev does some reworks here and there (he might think of something that can improve a previous scene), it will never be to the extent he did now.

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Pretty confident that the next updates will return to the usual schedule. Even if the Dev does some reworks here and there (he might think of something that can improve a previous scene), it will never be to the extent he did now.
Yeah, I feel the same way as well. Tbh, I think with v0.17, Zetan went just a tad bit overboard with remodelling previous scenes and implementing net-new reworks, but ultimately I think future updates might return to a more "business as usual" update schedule.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
its funny people keep complaining about rework, almost every update he reworks some scenes. This update just seem unusual because of focus on it for the steam release.
This games go on for years and it's already a pain in the ass when you are invested with passion on the project. You want more, you would like to see it completed and see the authors spending time on reworks feels like a waste of time. Yet, their project, their call.

4.80 star(s) 615 Votes