Morho

May 16, 2023
No, there is only one MC, the cop you play as, after the intro where you see how Vali died.
Also i wouldn't call him possessed, as Vali has no control over the MC.
now i am totaly lost...that one guy wanted to be reincarnated so i guess that he need body of his descendat? which is MC?
and of course that first guy already have some harem of girls wich want him back?

Morho

May 16, 2023
The detective is the true MC no matter what, Vali's consciousness is in the MC's head but will be dealt with one way or another.
could be but still bother me that first person (Vali i guess) have power to order mc around (as he ordered him take his hand and be his eyes atc) did not played so so far as it looks like two protagonist game with two kind harem girls

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
could be but still bother me that first person (Vali i guess) have power to order mc around (as he ordered him take his hand and be his eyes atc) did not played so so far as it looks like two protagonist game with two kind harem girls
It isn't but in the end the decision to play it is yours so........

Reactions: Morho

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
WW-ish Vampirism stuff
While gregers is correct with the traditional use of the word ghoul, in the Vampire: The Masquerade lore a ghoul is the thrall of a vampire, dependent on them for blood to keep them alive. So, depending on what BHG has used for some of the lore, Liz might actually be a ghoul.
WW-ish as in White Wolf? I haven't kept up with V:TM since the Nineties (save dipping back in for Vampire: Bloodlines) so have forgotten most of those details.

But yeah, unless we're explicitly in World of Darkness territory then, Liz is nothing like a ghoul. That's like Orcs being fungi or Jinn being voiced by Robin Williams: outside the norm and specific to one particular fictional universe.

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
WW-ish as in White Wolf? I haven't kept up with V:TM since the Nineties (save dipping back in for Vampire: Bloodlines) so have forgotten most of those details.

But yeah, unless we're explicitly in World of Darkness territory then, Liz is nothing like a ghoul. That's like Orcs being fungi or Jinn being voiced by Robin Williams: outside the norm and specific to one particular fictional universe.
IDK about being "explicitly in World of Darkness territory", though. It's not like some new creation's lore (whether book, game, or otherwise) can't borrow lore from elsewhere.

I'm not saying this is VtM, but it's always possible that specific thing was borrowed from it. I obviously don't actually know, but she could be the equivalent of a VtM ghoul but not actually called one — maybe the world here has the same type of being (wholly dependent on the blood of a vampire or something similar in order to survive) but they call them something completely different. I was only trying to say that she might be something similar conceptually, and maybe that's what the previous poster meant.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
IDK about being "explicitly in World of Darkness territory", though. It's not like some new creation's lore (whether book, game, or otherwise) can't borrow lore from elsewhere.

I'm not saying this is VtM, but it's always possible that specific thing was borrowed from it. I obviously don't actually know, but she could be the equivalent of a VtM ghoul but not actually called one — maybe the world here has the same type of being (wholly dependent on the blood of a vampire or something similar in order to survive) but they call them something completely different. I was only trying to say that she might be something similar conceptually, and maybe that's what the previous poster meant.
Yeah, pretty much. Doesn't change that Liz and the MC just referring obliquely to "the 'g' word" as something everyone would understand is hella confusing though.

Deleted member 4822408

Monster Girl Enthusiast
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
There's only one protagonist.

We're explicitly in VTM territory. It's all pretty much based on that, with a few tweaks like sunlight weakening instead of killing, vamps still having sex drives, etc. In VTM terms Liz is actually a , however I thought this might be too confusing so I used ghoul instead.

I used that route to do away with the idea of Liz being mindlessly addicted to Nat's blood. She is loyal but not mindlessly.

Morho

May 16, 2023

We're explicitly in VTM territory. It's all pretty much based on that, with a few tweaks like sunlight weakening instead of killing, vamps still having sex drives, etc. In VTM terms Liz is actually a , however I thought this might be too confusing so I used ghoul instead.

I used that route to do away with the idea of Liz being mindlessly addicted to Nat's blood. She is loyal but not mindlessly.
hey it is realy hadr to say...from what i played first mc (vali i guess cause others called him as that) sacrifised himself to save his harem to be reincarnated later...than we play as (probably his blood line descendant) who is possesed by vali(who have some kind of power ower him) so i am not exactly sure who is real mc as story is telling about vali going to be reincarnated than about other person wich vali probably will control over and as player i am not sure who i am plaing or want to play for

sorry if some worlds are bad writen it was realy long day for me :)

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
hey it is realy hadr to say...from what i played first mc (vali i guess cause others called him as that) sacrifised himself to save his harem to be reincarnated later...than we play as (probably his blood line descendant) who is possesed by vali(who have some kind of power ower him) so i am not exactly sure who is real mc as story is telling about vali going to be reincarnated than about other person wich vali probably will control over and as player i am not sure who i am plaing or want to play for

sorry if some worlds are bad writen it was realy long day for me :)
From the sounds of it, you're still very early on in the game, but you've made several assumptions about Vali. Most importantly, we (the players) never make decisions as Vali. He is not the protagonist.

Also, given the time involved, Vali's harem members are probably almost all dead. The only person we know for a fact is still alive from Vali's harem is one of the real MC's future main girls instead (oibviously, with the option to decline her route like the player gets with all the LIs). So Vali's old harem is not important in this game other than for the backstory and how it affects the real MC.

Fundamentally, this is not a multiple protagonist game, and you should not think of Vali as a protagonist simply because he was shown first.

Morho

May 16, 2023
From the sounds of it, you're still very early on in the game, but you've made several assumptions about Vali. Most importantly, we (the players) never make decisions as Vali. He is not the protagonist.

Also, given the time involved, Vali's harem members are probably almost all dead. The only person we know for a fact is still alive from Vali's harem is one of the real MC's future main girls instead (oibviously, with the option to decline her route like the player gets with all the LIs). So Vali's old harem is not important in this game other than for the backstory and how it affects the real MC.

Fundamentally, this is not a multiple protagonist game, and you should not think of Vali as a protagonist simply because he was shown first.
i will try continue but why would "vali harem" change him for MC? as vali wanted to be reincarnated later and his girls are expecting him to come back later?

it just probably doesnt make sence for me or i am just afraid to continue :D

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
i will try continue but why would "vali harem" change him for MC? as vali wanted to be reincarnated later and his girls are expecting him to come back later?

it just probably doesnt make sence for me or i am just afraid to continue :D
This mostly gets explained in the story, except without much emphasis on what Vali's harem thinks; you have to read between the lines for that. Just give it time, trust that Vali is not a protagonist, and that the girls listed on the Main Girls/Harem Girls sheets are for the real MC (assuming you don't decline them), not for Vali.

Morho

May 16, 2023
This mostly gets explained in the story, except without much emphasis on what Vali's harem thinks; you have to read between the lines for that. Just give it time, trust that Vali is not a protagonist, and that the girls listed on the Main Girls/Harem Girls sheets are for the real MC (assuming you don't decline them), not for Vali.
i will and as i continued it doesnt look bad..but i still ahve little alarm in head about other game where mc was sended out to portal after end and antagonist take everithing from mc to be told us by dev "oh u tought that this story was about u"...

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018

Awesome, thanks!

The explicit confirmation of this being VtM-esque really helped. A quick review of from the wiki gives me a really good idea as to what's the what with Liz, and I get the impression that you kind of expected us players to have that basic knowledge. I'm looking forward to more encounters with her.

Edit to clarify: Liz is a living Ghoul (Revenant) in service to Nat, like a bodyguard or a personal assistant, and not an actual Thrall under Nat's mental control. Do I have that right?

Last edited:
Reactions: monk_56 and gregers

Morho

May 16, 2023
ok i tryed it but it is full of some vali natasha relationship shit destroyed game..they can do what ever they want but without me...

Reactions: Cotytto

Deleted member 4822408

Monster Girl Enthusiast
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Edit to clarify: Liz is a living Ghoul (Revenant) in service to Nat, like a bodyguard or a personal assistant, and not an actual Thrall under Nat's mental control. Do I have that right?
Yeah, that's right. She's more like a lifelong employee than a true thrall, so her mind is her own. She's a living human who has access to select vampire abilities (You'll find out what those are later in a really fun scene ;P).

Reactions: gregers and Faptime

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
ok i tryed it but it is full of some vali natasha relationship shit destroyed game..they can do what ever they want but without me...
That's all in the distant past, though. As the game progresses, you can see that she actually starts developing real feelings for the MC, and you'll see that Vali really just used her in the past and didn't actually care for her. It was the closest he came to caring for someone, but power has been his main pursuit above all else. (It wasn't always so, but he changed over time when he was still living a mortal life.)

Suit yourself if that still wrecks it for you, but TBH I think you're getting hung up on something that either is way in the past (the existence of the past relationship) or isn't there (any real feelings between them — Vali ever, and Natasha anymore). Over time, Natasha has gotten over Vali (not entirely, but mostly), and with her feelings for the MC developing (if you choose to let them), that whole thing is effectively a nonissue.

It might still be hard for you, but as far as I'm personally concerned, there's no problem here.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018

Yeah, that's right. She's more like a lifelong employee than a true thrall, so her mind is her own. She's a living human who has access to select vampire abilities (You'll find out what those are later in a really fun scene ;P).
Cool, thanks for the clarification! I would suggest making that a bit more clear within the game though, unless you only want to target the game to V:TM heads. Can't really expect every player to read through a forum thread to figure out what the characters are talking about.

'G'-word may be common slang among vampires in V:TM, but the MC doesn't even know vampires exist until a few days earlier, so there's no in-universe reason for him to know the word or its implications.

(My Mum always told me to stay the fuck away from vampires, so I'm keeping my distance from them as far as the game will allow, but the MC seems sadly determined to trust the cunts.)

Last edited:
Reactions: monk_56
4.60 star(s) 43 Votes