VN Ren'Py Abandoned Deviancy [v0.4 Bugfix] [Mr. B0NES]

4.10 star(s) 29 Votes

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
IMO...this post very well summarizes why this one is NOT great...

I forgot how annoying MC can get in this game.

Random girl: MC we're running out of time, we must hurry!
MC: Ah yes... did I ever tell you about that time I spent 5 minutes monologuing some chick, it was a sight to behold for sure. I have so many bad puns and dad jokes that they flow like shit through a goose. Ladies just love hearing my butter smooth voice, it turns them on almost as much as it does me. That reminds me, did you notice how tight my fabulous ass looks in these shoes, you should really take the time to study it closely. Be sure to give appropriate feedback, I might let you play with it later. Did you hear the one about the... bla bla bla...

Later that day

Antagonistic Bitch: Hey MC you cock-cozy, come gargle on my big hairy balls!
MC: I... hurrr... You.. errrrm *starts crying looking for a girl to hide behind*

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I will be sad to see this one go. I liked a lot of things in this game.
I loved it, had one of my fave love interests and a great date with her and now i'll never know how it goes.

What pisses me off most about devs like this is they just go quiet. If they want to stop working on it just fucking say so and stop people hanging on and hoping.

A few days left until this gets abandoned so that's 3 months of complete silence from the dev. It's pathetic.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Sadly for dev's it's damned if you do communicate, damned if you don't communicate.

We all know of a dev that recently would communicate regularly and things got out of hand with comments and he's stopped communicating because it became to toxic.

As for this in particular, I believe (from the last conversation I had with him) the dev hasn't given up on it, just IRL stuff taking precedence.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I really liked the sister in this game, but I can't say I am surprised with the abandoned tag. I don't even think I played the last update that was released. The writing in this game needed a lot of improvement.

Dipper Pines

Aug 14, 2018
I really liked the sister in this game, but I can't say I am surprised with the abandoned tag. I don't even think I played the last update that was released. The writing in this game needed a lot of improvement.
That's interesting, maybe it's just me but the writing was one of my favorite parts of the game. Maybe it was all the different words and sayings in "proper" English.

jwolf09

Oct 18, 2020
Not going to throw shade. Going to tell yall what i know. Life is clogging the time of the dev. he hasn't had time to really get much work done on the game. he does what he can in his spare time. But like most things life is a bitch. There are many who hate that this one got abandoned but its not. if anything its on hold and may be that way for a good bit.

Hope Mr.Bones can get something done. But it may just be a good while before we get anything.

Take this time to invest or look for another game to play in the mean time and support it if you wish to in your own way.

Dipper Pines

Aug 14, 2018
Not going to throw shade. Going to tell yall what i know. Life is clogging the time of the dev. he hasn't had time to really get much work done on the game. he does what he can in his spare time. But like most things life is a bitch. There are many who hate that this one got abandoned but its not. if anything its on hold and may be that way for a good bit.

Hope Mr.Bones can get something done. But it may just be a good while before we get anything.

Take this time to invest or look for another game to play in the mean time and support it if you wish to in your own way.
I really hope you are correct about this. I have seen games given an actual "On Hold" tag before as opposed to abandoned, not sure what the criteria is for one versus the other. Maybe the dev or someone can look into trying to get that put up instead. Might give people a little more hope.

Reactions: NotAnotherShadow

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I really hope you are correct about this. I have seen games given an actual "On Hold" tag before as opposed to abandoned, not sure what the criteria is for one versus the other. Maybe the dev or someone can look into trying to get that put up instead. Might give people a little more hope.
The same developer has to notify that the development is paused, but before the three months in silence, if the three months pass without communication it is put as abandoned until a real up date of the game appears.

Reactions: Dipper Pines

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

I wonder just how many of us would have enough spare time to take on a project like this game. Only a few developers make enough money to make game-creation a profitable venture.

If the developer isn't able to spend meaningful time on this game, wouldn't it be better to just quit and not drag things out for years? If that is the situation, it would probably have been better not to have started the game in the first place.

All developers face real-life issues that we need to allow for. But there seems to be no end in sight to whatever MrBones is facing.

I wish MrBones well with his life, and I will keep this thread on watch, but I don't expect much more from this game.

Ruykiru

Developing: Sinful Summer
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Damn I just discovered this and what a hidden gem. This is fucking great and I'd be really sad if it's actually abandoned.

In my opinion, this game and DeadMoon Survival are the hottest incest stories in this site. I've played my fair share of garbage and even though there's rarely some excellent stuff in there, nothing else can compete.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
So many games abandoned in the last couple of months. Tired of people who can't make a real commitment and walk away without having the guts to stand up and communicate. Some of the issues devs have could be minimized if they found someone else to share the burden of development, but instead they get overwhelmed or bored and just quit. Seems there's really only a handful of developers out there who are worth supporting.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So many games abandoned in the last couple of months. Tired of people who can't make a real commitment and walk away without having the guts to stand up and communicate. Some of the issues devs have could be minimized if they found someone else to share the burden of development, but instead they get overwhelmed or bored and just quit. Seems there's really only a handful of developers out there who are worth supporting.
That's pretty much why I stopped supporting new devs on Patreon now.

I have bought quite a few on Steam that are either complete or nearly complete and I don't mind backing devs i've known for a while although at the moment that's only a couple.

Too many new devs come in, drop a handful of updates then disappear.

I wish I could say older devs are trustworthy but games like Last Call have shown otherwise. I can probably count on 1 hand the amount of devs I have complete trust in.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
That's pretty much why I stopped supporting new devs on Patreon now.

I have bought quite a few on Steam that are either complete or nearly complete and I don't mind backing devs i've known for a while although at the moment that's only a couple.

Too many new devs come in, drop a handful of updates then disappear.

I wish I could say older devs are trustworthy but games like Last Call have shown otherwise. I can probably count on 1 hand the amount of devs I have complete trust in.
Yeah, I've largely moved on from games due to the lack of commitment by devs. I don't have a limitless amount of time or patience to wait for a developer to either complete their game or make some more excuses. Haven't supported a dev financially in a while, I have a couple I consider trustworthy but I just don't have the time to play most games these days. Perhaps I will consider buying on Steam in future. I'm tired of getting excited by a game and being left unfulfilled.

InExcellence

Feb 10, 2021
Head's up, there's a variable definition missing in the script.rpy file. It's absent in both the multi-mod and WT mod, so I'm guessing the omission orginated with the source code.
In between the lines reading "End of Day 4." and "label D5Start:" the following is needed:
$ d4_end = 1

In the multi mod version of script.rpy those are line numbers: 16633 and 16635.
In the WT version the line numbers are: 16615 and 16617

Just put that d4_end definition in there and save the file. Then the game won't error out at that point.

4.10 star(s) 29 Votes