VN Ren'Py Abandoned Deviancy [v0.4 Bugfix] [Mr. B0NES]

4.10 star(s) 29 Votes

The Daydreamer

Donor
May 13, 2018
But I didn't notice that the main incest patch changes the sister's age to 16.
I was also a bit startled but it didn't ruin my fun since it can easily be fixed through the console. I was actually wandering if it was a typo since she's supposed to be a potential classmate of Nadine who's 19 (and Suzy didn't strike as a genius who's a few years ahead ^^).

I would suggest making the default age 18. Maybe Carol can ask how old she is and there is a prompt that allows the MC to answer (with 18 as a default value and if anyone wants to set something else, that's on him/her :p).

PixelRepublic

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
I was also a bit startled but it didn't ruin my fun since it can easily be fixed through the console. I was actually wandering if it was a typo since she's supposed to be a potential classmate of Nadine who's 19 (and Suzy didn't strike as a genius who's a few years ahead ^^).

I would suggest making the default age 18. Maybe Carol can ask how old she is and there is a prompt that allows the MC to answer (with 18 as a default value and if anyone wants to set something else, that's on him/her :p).
I actually think just leaving the variable as default will be fine.

In the original code and the mods, s_age is set to 18.

Incest and CP are not mutually exclusive.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
Basically the only reason I bothered lowering it to begin with is cause 16's the legal age in the UK, so I just sort of automatically lowered it to that. With hindsight, given it's 18 in most of the world I'm not against just raising it up accross the board, then implementing an option for those that want to set it to whatever.
Careful bro you probably shouldn't link yourself with the patch. I think patreon watches this forum.

Reactions: Mr B0NES

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Basically the only reason I bothered lowering it to begin with is cause 16's the legal age in the UK, so I just sort of automatically lowered it to that. With hindsight, given it's 18 in most of the world I'm not against just raising it up accross the board, then implementing an option for those that want to set it to whatever.
Just need Nadine to match Suzy and it will be fine. Unless Nadine is an apathetic student and then there's nothing to worry about. ;)

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
can we get some clarity on the skipping scenes, do they still happen we just dont see them or they dont happen at all

Mr B0NES

Developer of Deviancy
Game Developer
Jun 27, 2017
can we get some clarity on the skipping scenes, do they still happen we just dont see them or they dont happen at all
Currently, neither. Past Bones gave it very little thought, but how they'll work from 0.2 onwards is it'll be as if they happened, stats and all.

For all those that can't stand Suzy, there will be options in the future to tell her to shove off, so you can either choose to just skip the more insufferable dialogue bits, or tell her to shut up if you so choose.

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
Currently, neither. Past Bones gave it very little thought, but how they'll work from 0.2 onwards is it'll be as if they happened, stats and all.

For all those that can't stand Suzy, there will be options in the future to tell her to shove off, so you can either choose to just skip the more insufferable dialogue bits, or tell her to shut up if you so choose.
how will that affect solo paths will we still have to sleep with other people, or can we just have Suzy without sleeping with anyone else

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
I hope the filesize isn't deceptively large for a .1. Anywho, I'm gonna try it out and see.
It was a bit more talky than it needed to be, but not so bad as to have me clicking though a single character's introduction for half an hour like I did on one other game I hope I don't accidentally redownload because I forgot the name of it.

Also bones said something about an age of legality. That age is... semi-legal here.

Having that kind of character is part of the fun for me.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Mr B0NES

Developer of Deviancy
Game Developer
Jun 27, 2017
how will that affect solo paths will we still have to sleep with other people, or can we just have Suzy without sleeping with anyone else
Currenrtly still thinking about how to handle the solo paths. I'm thinking Suzy and Claire might get bundled into one combined path, but again not too sure on that, will depend on feedback. As far as the next couple updates go, I'll probably approach the upcoming content with the mindset of them being two separate solo paths, so I can choose to combine the paths or not later down the line.

So in summary, current development plans indicate you'll be able to sleep with just your special waifu, if you so choose.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Currenrtly still thinking about how to handle the solo paths. I'm thinking Suzy and Claire might get bundled into one combined path, but again not too sure on that, will depend on feedback. As far as the next couple updates go, I'll probably approach the upcoming content with the mindset of them being two separate solo paths, so I can choose to combine the paths or not later down the line.
I think having individual paths plus the shared path is best, but also there's some talk about the aunt coming back in a few days, so maybe an indivual and shared path for her as well?

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
I think having individual paths plus the shared path is best, but also there's some talk about the aunt coming back in a few days, so maybe an indivual and shared path for her as well?
especially if we on a solo Suzy path then suddenly have to be with Claire halfway through, as someone who dont like to share that would annoy me a little

Mr B0NES

Developer of Deviancy
Game Developer
Jun 27, 2017
Yeah I'm kind of leaning that way too, just gotta map it all out from a render perspective. I'll gather more feedback before I definitively commit to any firm choices, but for the moment I'll approach dev from the angle of solo paths galore, plus the mega chad harem route. You know, cover the essentials.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Yeah I'm kind of leaning that way too, just gotta map it all out from a render perspective. I'll gather more feedback before I definitively commit to any firm choices, but for the moment I'll approach dev from the angle of solo paths galore, plus the mega chad harem route. You know, cover the essentials.
Is it bad that one day while I was playing one of these games, and thought how you don't pronounce the E in Hawke, so now all my characters are named Cawke?

damien_sensei

May 24, 2018
Honestly imo that would be too much work load wouldn't it? having solo for all girls will surely thin out content with updates and people will still complain, if i am not wrong this is supposed to be either a Harem game with options to turn down LI's or u can stay loyal to ur cute waifu, maybe solo endings would be feasible in the long run but solo paths for all characters sounds too much work, i am giving my 2 cents just so u dont burn out dev and continue developing this awesome game in ur vision, Cheers Dev!

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Honestly imo that would be too much work load wouldn't it? having solo for all girls will surely thin out content with updates and people will still complain, if i am not wrong this is supposed to be either a Harem game with options to turn down LI's or u can stay loyal to ur cute waifu, maybe solo endings would be feasible in the long run but solo paths for all characters sounds too much work, i am giving my 2 cents just so u dont burn out dev and continue developing this awesome game in ur vision, Cheers Dev!
I want to second the fear of putting in too many branches/paths. In my mind the perfect paths would be a solo Suzy path, Suzy+Claire+Aunt path, and a Harem path would be best...

Also hope that the player can actually turn down girls (instead of skipping scenes).

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
I want to second the fear of putting in too many branches/paths. In my mind the perfect paths would be a solo Suzy path, Suzy+Claire+Aunt path, and a Harem path would be best...

Also hope that the player can actually turn down girls (instead of skipping scenes).
i agree i just want a solo Suzy path tbh, the only other girl i kinda liked was the pigtails girl Abigail i think her name is.
and also hope we can turned them down and not just skip seeing it

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
i agree i just want a solo Suzy path tbh, the only other girl i kinda liked was the pigtails girl Abigail i think her name is.
and also hope we can turned them down and not just skip seeing it
Honestly don’t understand the point of the “skip” option in an adult game. If skipping means it still happened but we didn’t witness it then what’s the point of playing an adult game? I’d understand if this was a game with extreme fetishes that some people may be uncomfortable (though they could just not play it).

Reactions: DrBallsMD
Dec 9, 2020
But what if you know, we, ok I, wanted a claire + aunt path (The Visit!).... :cry:

Honestly solo paths would be best. Also just depends on what type of harem you aiming for, everyone knows they're dating you solos would work best there, or mff type of relationship then yeah you would have to work on a pair.

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
Honestly don’t understand the point of the “skip” option in an adult game. If skipping means it still happened but we didn’t witness it then what’s the point of playing an adult game? I’d understand if this was a game with extreme fetishes that some people may be uncomfortable (though they could just not play it).
and if its still happening but we are just not seeing it and it involves sexual acts, isn't the MC cheating if we are doing a solo path but we just dont witness it

4.10 star(s) 29 Votes