j01ntr0l1a

Mar 23, 2022
Lol what a joke! this game is officially dead. transition from HS to RPGM is worst decision ever. Well guys, let him scam more people from other Gaming Platforms.
a notable Dev who cares and is on top of things is GrimDark with Masters Of Raana ive been subbed with him for a long time and he ALWAYS updates OFTEN more than most devs, hes a damn robot with how much he updates and i respect him

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
RPGM is designed for games so hopefully there won't be as many roadblocks, realistically though they already said they aren't very good at programming so there likely will be. Seems like they would've done better to just hire someone to do that part, even now they're making about 3k a month after being silent so long, they should've had enough.
While that level of support might enough for the dev to live on, depending on where they live, it's not nearly enough to hire an outside dev. If they wanted to hire an outside dev, they'd have to pay at least close to industry competitive rates for the dev time, and $3k/month is worth maybe 10-15 hours/week. Even if they found someone willing to work for cut-rate pay out of some kind of personal interest in the project, the most they'd probably be able to get out of an outside dev even if they were paying them their entire patreon earnings every month would probably be around 20 hours/week. Given the dev's well-established greed, it seems unlikely that they're willing to pay for quality dev time without trying to screw someone over

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
probably been discussed to death but could i get a quick rundown on what happened? ty
For months it appeared that the dev ghosted the game and their supporters. Recently, it's been revealed that dev has inexplicably decided to remake the game in a different engine with different models, and the consensus so far is that the new models look like garbage compared to the old ones. So the game does seem to have been abandoned, because remakes are technically different games. There's other more specific drama related stuff, but that seems to be the overarching storyline at this point

Reactions: kjlks

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
probably been discussed to death but could i get a quick rundown on what happened? ty
For months it appeared that the dev ghosted the game and their supporters. Recently, it's been revealed that dev has inexplicably decided to remake the game in a different engine with different models, and the consensus so far is that the new models look like garbage compared to the old ones. So the game does seem to have been abandoned, because remakes are technically different games. There's other more specific drama related stuff, but that seems to be the overarching storyline at this point
ya basically what someyoungguy said...

Instead of trying to learn to code or maybe outsource the coding (coz he gets enough from patreon to do so). Even if not outsource it, he can atleast hire a code tester, but instead he wants to remake the game in rpgm...

Also thinks he would get more moolah (pun intended), if he can sell the game on steam, so is changing the characters into daz (since Honey Select models can't be used for that) even though all the players love the og characters, without even finishing the first season with the original ones which he said he would do, basically treating this mess of a v0.9 build as first season completed and scraping the final update...

some were saying he's remaking season 1 on daz too, but to me that's even worse after telling everyone that you were gonna finish season 1 with the current engine and character models, ghosting everyone for months and then doing that bullshit

Last edited:

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
While that level of support might enough for the dev to live on, depending on where they live, it's not nearly enough to hire an outside dev. If they wanted to hire an outside dev, they'd have to pay at least close to industry competitive rates for the dev time, and $3k/month is worth maybe 10-15 hours/week. Even if they found someone willing to work for cut-rate pay out of some kind of personal interest in the project, the most they'd probably be able to get out of an outside dev even if they were paying them their entire patreon earnings every month would probably be around 20 hours/week. Given the dev's well-established greed, it seems unlikely that they're willing to pay for quality dev time without trying to screw someone over
he doesn't have to pay that much... some other devs I know just outsource the complex parts of the game to the coders and do the simple stuff themselves..Moolah atleast knows the basic coding...so he could easily have done that...

even then sure change the engine to rpgm if it makes it easier but to change the character models too?

I feel like he thinks that his game idea would give him more moolah if he could put it on steam and he thought that wasn't enough of a justification so the rpgm daz change was just a way to 'justify' it...

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
I feel like he thinks that his game idea would give him more moolah if he could put it on steam and he thought that wasn't enough of a justification so the rpgm daz change was just a way to 'justify' it...
to add to this, if he really thinks steam would have him swimming in cash then he is stupid (kinda assuming here, but his earlier comments kinda paint this picture)...

He would have been one of the highest patreon creator for HS games already if he simply was consistent with his updates and followed a good game development path...i.e develop the game linearly for the paths that is needed for the plot to progress to another path.. don't do it halfass like Beatrice's love/corruption pat whose completion starts phase 2 of the bar girls arc...

Not doing that obviously will cause frustration to the players coz you can't even complete the route you chose and so either have to see scenes of a path you didn't choose or don't like to progress or in some cases can't progress cause the game throws you errors because of an incomplete route

do other things in any order you like, but when one characters path is essential for proper story progression, fully develop that path first!!!

Last edited:

Lavan

Aug 17, 2019
They're making 3k after months of silence, their full member count is 5k people, if everyone came back they'd be making 15k a month at a minimum. They could've easily afforded a part time coder before they vanished, they didn't need a full time one, just someone to fill in the bits they couldn't do themselves, once the basic functionality is there they could add it to new scenes themselves.

Lavan

Aug 17, 2019
ya basically what someyoungguy said...

Instead of trying to learn to code or maybe outsource the coding (coz he gets enough from patreon to do so). Even if not outsource it, he can atleast hire a code tester, but instead he wants to remake the game in rpgm...

Also thinks he would get more moolah (pun intended), if he can sell the game on steam, so is changing the characters into daz (since Honey Select models can't be used for that) even though all the players love the og characters, without even finishing the first season with the original ones which he said he would do, basically treating this mess of a v0.9 build as first season completed and scraping the final update...

some were saying he's remaking season 1 on daz too, but to me that's even worse after telling everyone that you were gonna finish season 1 with the current engine and character models, ghosting everyone for months and then doing that bullshit
They said in their patreon post that they're remaking it, seems to be a full restart. The silliest part to me is they claim the finished chapter 1 but they aren't releasing it because they don't like it.

One of the worst parts about the whole mess is after months of silence everyone started dropping their support/subscription/whatever its called and then when the dev finally came back they posted their apology/update to members only. Alot of these people supported you for months with no response, the least you could do is make your apology public.

Lavan

Aug 17, 2019
to add to this, if he really thinks steam would have him swimming in cash then he is stupid (kinda assuming here, but his earlier comments kinda paint this picture)...

He would have been one of the highest patreon creator for HS games already if he simply was consistent with his updates and followed a good game development path...i.e develop the game linearly for the paths that is needed for the plot to progress to another path.. don't do it halfass like Beatrice's love/corruption pat whose completion starts phase 2 of the bar girls arc...

Not doing that obviously will cause frustration to the players coz you can't even complete the route you chose and so either have to see scenes of a path you didn't choose or don't like to progress or in some cases can't progress cause the game throws you errors because of an incomplete route

do other things in any order you like, but when one characters path is essential for proper story progression, fully develop that path first!!!
Yeah, the whole Steam thing seems silly to me. Compared them to another game that did release on steam with a similar sized community, the other game has averaged 7k a month over the last 2 years on steam while their Patreon went to basically 0. If DA is getting 3k a month after doing nothing for half a year of bleeding followers they should be able to beat 7k easily. If you release a game for a single purchase then people will stop supporting. They'll easily pay you $3 a month forever, thats $36 a year, vs on steam this would be $20 one time?

citrone

Jul 17, 2023
thanks for the rundown
you know, i looked at the leaked daz remake images and they could have been worse to be honest... but yeah awful choice

Lavan

Aug 17, 2019
They're not horrible they just seem a bit off. Moon looks dead and Sophia seems like she got pulled from a different game from the other 2. The fact that we only got pictures of those three is also kinda weird, were the others all unfinished? Kinda missing a rather important character in that lineup.

Concreature

Oct 31, 2018
Such a shame they're not continuing with the HS models, new ones look like a major downgrade
Would even have preferred they continued with the previous glacial pace of updates to this

Reactions: pushing30loser

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Holy fuck it's almost comedic at this point lol. I checked in on this awhile ago and had kinda given up on it since the dev seemed like a weirdo, but didn't think it could get worse. Now we have a remake with a switch to RPGM AND Daz? Jesus. Kinda looks like an NLT Media game now from those previews weirdly enough.

This game was doing great with HS so I can't help but feel like it's a downgrade as well. There's just certain things you can convey with HS that you can't in Daz. I think this leaves such a bad taste in my mouth that I'm just out for good honestly.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
So, does anyone have saves with all the sex scenes? The gallery mod is abandoned, and I don't really want to play the whole game all over again, but I'd love to rewatch the sex scenes. I would really appreciate your save folder.

Hinny

Nov 10, 2023
is there a discord for up to date updates on the game? it's a shame it's going to look different but hey at least we get to see it carry on.

Lavan

Aug 17, 2019
is there a discord for up to date updates on the game? it's a shame it's going to look different but hey at least we get to see it carry on.
There is a discord but the dev isn't active on it anymore. Best guess is they know/saw all the hate this change got/is getting and so they don't want to return to it, they didn't even make an announcement about the change there. If you want info from the Dev the only source is Patreon right now, other than that its just waiting for people who are still subscribed to post the info here or on discord.

The original post here has a link to the discord if you want to join, just don't expect the dev to post there.

4.10 star(s) 172 Votes