Digga D

Jun 5, 2019
Lol what a joke! this game is officially dead. transition from HS to RPGM is worst decision ever. Well guys, let him scam more people from other Gaming Platforms.
The RPGM isn't the worst part, it would work for this game with all the free-roam, items and grind it already has.

The REAL problem is the change from honey select models to Daz. Even worse, he is remaking the game from scratch with daz instead of finishing season 1 that he claimed was done

Lavan

Aug 17, 2019
The RPGM isn't the worst part, it would work for this game with all the free-roam, items and grind it already has.

The REAL problem is the change from honey select models to Daz. Even worse, he is remaking the game from scratch with daz instead of finishing season 1 that he claimed was done
RPGM isn't the end of the world but they're doing it because they want to add even more game to it. More game means less story/scenes and honestly I expect to hear in another year that they can't figure out how to make the game parts that they want to. They moved to RPGM because they don't know how to program, it fixes the basic stuff like movement but they'll still have to figure out the more advanced gameplay themselves. Updates will just end up slower and smaller than before if they come at all.

Daz is a whole other mess. Much the same as RPGM, they went to it due to lack of experience, from the sounds of things they're just buying models so there likely won't be much consistency between models quality/appearance, which atleast to me seems to already be the case for the pictures we have of 3 of the girls. They could do well in Daz if they made their own stuff but the entire reason most people choose it is to use other peoples stuff

EvilEyeGames

Nov 23, 2020
RPGM isn't the end of the world but they're doing it because they want to add even more game to it. More game means less story/scenes and honestly I expect to hear in another year that they can't figure out how to make the game parts that they want to. They moved to RPGM because they don't know how to program, it fixes the basic stuff like movement but they'll still have to figure out the more advanced gameplay themselves. Updates will just end up slower and smaller than before if they come at all.

Daz is a whole other mess. Much the same as RPGM, they went to it due to lack of experience, from the sounds of things they're just buying models so there likely won't be much consistency between models quality/appearance, which atleast to me seems to already be the case for the pictures we have of 3 of the girls. They could do well in Daz if they made their own stuff but the entire reason most people choose it is to use other peoples stuff
People are getting bad over all of this.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
The dev can do his own thing, no one can stop him I guess, but I have seen some games where people make a "Remake" version. Someone gotta come in and pick this up, there's a lot of potential here in terms of art/story/characters.

Legally speaking I don't think it will be an issue, since the dev himself using Honey Select wasn't really a completely legal thing. Even if he moves over to Daz to try and get his game on Steam, I think the "honey select remake" can fall under parody laws if the dev ever gets salty, since the person taking over wouldn't be getting paid for their game, but just people supporting the dev themselves on patreon, as is the case of every dev that uses honey select.

EvilEyeGames

Nov 23, 2020
The dev can do his own thing, no one can stop him I guess, but I have seen some games where people make a "Remake" version. Someone gotta come in and pick this up, there's a lot of potential here in terms of art/story/characters.

Legally speaking I don't think it will be an issue, since the dev himself using Honey Select wasn't really a completely legal thing. Even if he moves over to Daz to try and get his game on Steam, I think the "honey select remake" can fall under parody laws if the dev ever gets salty, since the person taking over wouldn't be getting paid for their game, but just people supporting the dev themselves on patreon, as is the case of every dev that uses honey select.

There games using honey select characters from it an the games are not on steam.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
There games using honey select characters from it an the games are not on steam.
I'm assuming you mean MoolahMilk is using HS characters and the game's not on Steam?
If you look at his recent patreon posts, he's moving to Daz and RPGM and completely remaking the game in it, saying he thinks it gives him more creative liberty that Renpy doesn't, but some people are thinking that it's also to put the game on Steam, which would make sense since he seems to want to make it like an actual interactive detective game.

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
I wonder if the dev will have to rename the game to submit to Steam again. I know they're pretty strict about resubmitting after a game was denied, but maybe it'll count as a different game with new engine and renders if only the name is the same? I know at least one dev got their developer account banned for trying to resubmit a declined game because it's against their TOS for devs. You can only resubmit if they've asked you to make changes, rather than denied the game outright, which rarely happens from what I've heard

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Phase_01

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
This has Sylphine vibes all over it and I don't like it one bit.

Moolah will NEVER finish this game. He's going to be burned out or fuck knows what else before he gets to the point where the current game stops with his remake.

Moolah, Glacerose, Ocean - all the same shit.

Last edited:

Lavan

Aug 17, 2019
This has Sylphine vibes all over it and I don't like it one bit.

Moolah will NEVER finish this game. He's going to be burned out or fuck knows what else before he gets to the point where the current game stops with his remake.

Moolah, Glacerose, Ocean - all the same shit.
They're going to realize that switching to RPGM doesn't suddenly make them better at programming, it just handles a few of the basics for you. They want to make a proper game and I don't think RPGM will even be an improvement for anything except map movement. They're just going to get frustrated again and either give up or change engines again.

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
its not moving to daz to create the game in rpg maker.
The most generously you could state this is that the dev is doing a remake in RPGM with DAZ. Barring a few exceptions where extreme care is taken to only upgrade visuals and leave all gameplay untouched, remakes are broadly considered separate games. In the case of moving to a new engine, keeping all gameplay features the same will be practically impossible. Less generously, the dev has unceremoniously dropped this game to start a new game in a new engine with new assets that happen to have a similar name and plot to this game. Whether you look at it from the perspective of a remake or the dev starting a new project with similar name and plot, this version of the game is abandoned.

Buster Himen

Oct 6, 2019
New game looks like trash. The models look exponentially worse. sophia looks like an aged Asian woman versus a cute and sexy college girl and I guarantee Catherine will no longer have that thick seductive look anymore. What a shame but I'm glad i finally have this closure so I can move on to better games. Moolah grow up and apologize to your backers! You don't have to refund their money but you could at least either release the final product of the game you "said" you finished that they were backing you for or at least say you're sorry for going dark for months and months on end while still taking their money. I would call you the DarkSydePhil of game developers but at least his fans know where they stand with him.

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
New game looks like trash. The models look exponentially worse. sophia looks like an aged Asian woman versus a cute and sexy college girl and I guarantee Catherine will no longer have that thick seductive look anymore. What a shame but I'm glad i finally have this closure so I can move on to better games. Moolah grow up and apologize to your backers! You don't have to refund their money but you could at least either release the final product of the game you "said" you finished that they were backing you for or at least say you're sorry for going dark for months and months on end while still taking their money. I would call you the DarkSydePhil of game developers but at least his fans know where they stand with him.
Are there any screenshots you can share? I'd like to see this. Sounds terrible though.

4.10 star(s) 172 Votes