Buster Himen

Oct 6, 2019
Are there any screenshots you can share? I'd like to see this. Sounds terrible though.
There are some a few pages back on this thread. It shows Sophia and I'm guessing Catherine although I can't really be sure since they look so ugly.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
K, here's some controversial opinion. I think new models look...ok. I believe people are just can't let go of the old game and that's fine. Based on what i've seen, i actually want to see this made, assuming Moola won't pull anymore bullshit.
Not a fun of daz though, will forever regret that there will be no more scenes with old sister model. So much stories lines went nowhere and will be left forever unresolved (at least not with the engine i'd like to see them in).

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
I disagree, Moon looks like she's sick or on some kind of drug.
I don't think she's THAT bad. I definitely prefer the HS one more. The Daz one in this looks..... a bit anorexic. Probably due to the more "realistic" look.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
866ul0.jpg

I thought this guy would just dissappear and collect money but instead he does fucking what now? RPGM? Nevermind the sylphine comparisons, this guy is going full gumdrop

Last edited:

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
In Ocean's case, you have absolutely no clue what are you talking about.
Where it all began came out 5 years ago and the supposed remake isn't remotely close to getting where the story was during the first iteration. Lots of excuses and promises to do better, only for things to become worse on the development front. 2 Patreons to milk, 2 games he will not finish within the next 10 years. See the parallels?

Buster Himen

Oct 6, 2019
Where it all began came out 5 years ago and the supposed remake isn't remotely close to getting where the story was during the first iteration. Lots of excuses and promises to do better, only for things to become worse on the development front. 2 Patreons to milk, 2 games he will not finish within the next 10 years. See the parallels?
I have to agree, was looking at the Summer's Gone thread and even downloaded the game as I had not heard of either game but upon downloading was met with a "no lewd content" warning at the beginning. The game is on 5.1 or something and there isn't anything done yet? Of course people will defend it as me not appreciating a story driven game and only wanting a non-stop fuck fest.

Buster Himen

Oct 6, 2019
Not asking this to be done but could a dev get a hold of these assets and make a game with the models from the OG Deviant Anomalies or do they solely belong to Moolah?

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Not asking this to be done but could a dev get a hold of these assets and make a game with the models from the OG Deviant Anomalies or do they solely belong to Moolah?
Don't quote me but im pretty sure anything made in honey select is owned by honey select (hence why games cant be put on steam)
So to my knowledge moolah doesn't own the assets, others should be able to create a Remake if they want, can just call it a "parody" if any issue arises
Just my speculation though, I have seen a few games on this site that have been remakes

Lavan

Aug 17, 2019
Yeah, models belong to HS, nothing Moolah can do there. The story though is theirs, you'd have to write a new one or get permission which isn't likely since they claim to be still using it.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Where it all began came out 5 years ago and the supposed remake isn't remotely close to getting where the story was during the first iteration.
bullshit.gif

Have you even played the game after chapter 3.5? For sure not, otherwise wouldn't such posts appear...

Lots of excuses and promises to do better, only for things to become worse on the development front.
Even more

bullshit.gif

Development time can hard be measured in renders, or lines of code. Reading the devlogs - and understand the meaning of it - would help to broaden the horizon how the dev work is really progessing.

2 Patreons to milk, 2 games he will not finish within the next 10 years.
This is a sore point, and I have to agree with you about the longs dev cycles, but you have to admit that the on release the updates are hitting like a truck. Despite the long breaks between the upatest Ocean has always delivered - till now.

See the parallels?
The only thing I see is one dude that is salty because Ocean have not implied hardcore stuff into the first season. Don't say you don't want lewd asap, alone the fact that you complain about the lack story progress in season 1 is the proof of it. Alone in Ch4, Ch4.5 and Ch5 was huge pile of story progess.

If you want to complain, be at least honest like Buster Himen and say that you dislike the game because of the focus on a story driven game and a fuckfest fits more your taste.

But this is only a you-problem and not a Ocean problem. Stop the hypocritical behaviour and complain about dev time or other shit just because you don't get lewd content.

• Angry
Reactions: bryonsmothers3DX

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
Lots of text and assumptions for information I haven't given. I don't care about the lewd bits in Ocean's stories. The sex in his first iteration of Where it all began was mediocre - not just from an animation and render point of view, but the eroticism behind it was lacking. The second I can't judge but one long ass cinematic sex scene with Miru didn't do it for me either. Ocean's greatest forte is his storytelling and having the player invest emotionally in the fate of his characters. Which is exactly why I'm 'salty' he stopped at the cliffhanger. Summer's Gone is a great game, too, but frankly, at this point, I am not all that interested in its LIs getting fucked either.

What I'm 'salty' about is 1 update per year with little progression for games that have the kind of depth that'll require 15 or more updates to tell the whole story. What makes me salty is having 2 patreons, or having a donation/patreon goal up for a year for some threadripper he could afford after 2 or 3 months, that would SURELY speed up his work, just to really get the money pumping.

And lastly, fuck that apology he gave for taking his sweet ass time releasing WiaB due to spending (self-admittedly) too much time on the little details, like backgrounds noone cares about. He wanted to cut that shit out and release updates more frequently / faster, only to take even longer.

It's a really cheap attempt at a Gotcha to just dismiss criticism on the grounds of the lack of lewd content, just because that's what makes most people mad about your favorite dev's games. It's childish. In Ocean's work, I was in it for the fate of the main character. You don't make people wait for a decade to see how things turn out in that court room.

This will be my only response, because you became emotional and defensive immediately like those soccer fan zealots do when their favorite players get criticised.

Psymind

Jun 16, 2018
I randomly remembered about this game since it was one of the good ones in my opinion. Now I just feel sad. Top Honey Select models and style turned into some mid DAZ and horrible RPGMaker mashup...fucking hell.

EvilEyeGames

Nov 23, 2020
Check the latest release that was too buggy to play, the disappearing act he's done since that, and the discord that he abandoned.
going to remove myself right now you, can go to the discord and cry to them, all of those who are saying the game is still abandoned is crazy too me.

• Angry
Reactions: Jackmcbean

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
going to remove myself right now you, can go to the discord and cry to them, all of those who are saying the game is still abandoned is crazy too me.
Awesome, bud!

Can you also subscribe to my patreon too? I've got this stunning, triple A quality detective game I'm making right now.

I'll release a 5-minute prototype within 1 week - 1 year, give or take. I'll be super consistent on my updates too, will definitely update every 1 month - 1.5 years.

And each update will be super meaty to, from 10 min - 5 hours (definitely no bugs that will render 99% of the update unplayable, hahaha).

And I'll give you even more on top of that! I'll port my game so that you can play it on the Switch, on the X Box, on the Playstation, in virtual reality :) Just give me 3 years for a working prototype!

(y)

4.10 star(s) 172 Votes