Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
What a odd move to make. This is just another reason why I avoid so many games that aren't completed or don't have a substantial amount of content already.
What's odd is this game did have a good amount of content, which is why this complete shift in style confuses tf outta me.
Especially when this style imo is a straight up downgrade in all aspects.

I know really good RPGM games, I know really good Daz3D style games.
Somehow the dev was unable to replicate neither of them.

Could legit have sticked to Honey Select style while still transitioning to RPGM as well.

Feb 10, 2022
What's odd is this game did have a good amount of content, which is why this complete shift in style confuses tf outta me.
Especially when this style imo is a straight up downgrade in all aspects.

I know really good RPGM games, I know really good Daz3D style games.
Somehow the dev was unable to replicate neither of them.

Could legit have sticked to Honey Select style while still transitioning to RPGM as well.
It was so he could sell it on steam.

Feb 10, 2022
My god he's not done milking
I gotta give it to him, he's really living up to his name...

At the very least he should've put more effort into his models/environments, I really hope whatever that last update was, was just really early prototypes
What's even more fucked is dude didn't even apologize for ghosting and keeping subscriptions on for 8 months of silence.

First post back btw is behind a pay wall, and all you get to see is a downgrade of how he massacred some fan beloved characters that he "says took him a shit ton amount of time and money to do."

If i was a sub id personally put my money elsewhere.

Nineonenine

Aug 9, 2020
It was so he could sell it on steam.
And that is the problem. 70% of Hgame users know about f95. And he thinks losing tons of patrons and adding a few steam will be more efficient. Guys let us admit. He is just looking at money.
He didn't even made the new models in Daz, he just found an blue hair in the samples and using it as sophia.

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
The other reason for this shift, is that he probably ran out of ideas and didn't know how to move his game forward.

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
This is so sad. We've gone from probably the highest-quality, highest-effort HS visuals in any game on this site, to a bad attempt at making Daz do what HS is designed for (psuedo realistic, psuedo anime girls) that it does great and Daz very much does not. To say nothing of RPG Maker garbage. And the worst part is, even if this version rightfully bombs, that'll probably just get the dev to give up and go back to his day job rather than go back to making the good version again.

Jjo837

Jan 16, 2022
My god he's not done milking
I gotta give it to him, he's really living up to his name...
There are devs who do milk their games and it's entirely worth it because they keep making fantastic content for it. Look at Summertime Saga, it's been going for a long time but people are happy to support the dev because of the good amount of content it has.

Reactions: Phase_01

Lavan

Aug 17, 2019
What drives me crazy is that they were making good money just off Patreon, even after months of silence they were making at least 3k a month based on the publicly available data, there's no reason for them to need to go to steam. The RPGM switch is whatever, they wanted to make it more of a game, but the models could've stayed the same.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I really can't believe the whales that could afford to support the game with so much money does not sue this developer for shafting them! Paying for something that the developer than does not deliver on and goes to another platform! When the whales stop taking this shit from developers is the only time you can trust to support Patreon. How does Patreon not do something against developers like this... This just hurts there money overall as more and more people don't believe in supporting developers on Patreon.

Lavan

Aug 17, 2019
I really can't believe the whales that could afford to support the game with so much money does not sue this developer for shafting them! Paying for something that the developer than does not deliver on and goes to another platform! When the whales stop taking this shit from developers is the only time you can trust to support Patreon. How does Patreon not do something against developers like this... This just hurts there money overall as more and more people don't believe in supporting developers on Patreon.
Not much Patreon can do nor can you really sue them, you aren't paying for a product, you're paying to support the dev, thats why they can get away with using the copywrited models to begin with. No-where in the pledge description does it say "You will get a finished game", the closest it might say is early access, that still doesn't mean they have to release anything, just that if they do you will get it earlier. Its definitely annoying but its on the supporters to withdraw their support if a given dev isn't putting out enough content.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Not much Patreon can do nor can you really sue them, you aren't paying for a product, you're paying to support the dev, thats why they can get away with using the copywrited models to begin with. No-where in the pledge description does it say "You will get a finished game", the closest it might say is early access, that still doesn't mean they have to release anything, just that if they do you will get it earlier. Its definitely annoying but its on the supporters to withdraw their support if a given dev isn't putting out enough content.
Not Patreon the creator himself as he basically recreated the game and said after you paid for it all this time your not getting it.

Lavan

Aug 17, 2019
Again, you didn't pay for a product, you paid to support a developer. Theres no grounds for supporters or Patreon itself to do anything. The only thing you could potentially go after them for are whats in the pledges themselves which isn't much, "insider updates and previews" No listed frequency or other such requirements to point to as a breach of contract. Yes developers can get very shady/sleazy and milk things but theres not really anything you can do about that other than stop supporting them and warn others.

Levelution

Jun 4, 2022
The move from Ren'py to RPG Maker is.... interesting. The question is how MoolahMilk is going to even create a game of similar quality in Ren'Py without running into roadblocks they already are running into.

Lavan

Aug 17, 2019
RPGM is designed for games so hopefully there won't be as many roadblocks, realistically though they already said they aren't very good at programming so there likely will be. Seems like they would've done better to just hire someone to do that part, even now they're making about 3k a month after being silent so long, they should've had enough.

虚言neo

Feb 3, 2022
HELP
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'\u7535\u8bdd/alanbeads.jpg'>:
  File "renpy/common/00nvl_mode.rpy", line 381, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "renpy/common/00nvl_mode.rpy", line 207, in nvl_show_core
    return __nvl_show_screen("nvl", items=[ ])
  File "renpy/common/00nvl_mode.rpy", line 201, in _m1_00nvl_mode__nvl_show_screen
    return renpy.get_widget(screen_name, "what", config.nvl_layer)
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 86, in execute
    screen nvl(dialogue, items=None):
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 89, in execute
    if not nvl_phone.is_open:
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 101, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 107, in execute
    viewport:
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 113, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 116, in execute
    for n, d in enumerate(dialogue):
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 118, in execute
    if d.who == "Me":
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 137, in execute
    button:
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 139, in execute
    add d.what at fit_zoom(image_fit(d.what, [300,2000]))
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 139, in keywords
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 139, in <module>
  File "game/phone/image fit.rpy", line 8, in image_fit
    im = get_image_size(im)
  File "game/phone/image fit.rpy", line 4, in get_image_size
    w, h = renpy.render(d, 0, 0, 0, 0).get_size()
IOError: Couldn't find file '电话/alanbeads.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "renpy/main.py", line 662, in main
    run(restart)
  File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "game/tl/f/kkk.rpyc", line 161710, in script
  File "game/tl/f/kkk.rpyc", line 161710, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 721, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1419, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1249, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "renpy/common/00nvl_mode.rpy", line 381, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "renpy/character.py", line 597, in display_say
    what_text = show_function(who, what_string)
  File "renpy/common/00nvl_mode.rpy", line 207, in nvl_show_core
    return __nvl_show_screen("nvl", items=[ ])
  File "renpy/common/00nvl_mode.rpy", line 201, in _m1_00nvl_mode__nvl_show_screen
    return renpy.get_widget(screen_name, "what", config.nvl_layer)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 1322, in get_displayable
    screen.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 89, in execute
    if not nvl_phone.is_open:
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 101, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 107, in execute
    viewport:
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 113, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 116, in execute
    for n, d in enumerate(dialogue):
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 118, in execute
    if d.who == "Me":
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 137, in execute
    button:
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 139, in execute
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 139, in keywords
  File "game/phone/MSGphone.rpy", line 139, in <module>
  File "game/phone/image fit.rpy", line 8, in image_fit
    im = get_image_size(im)
  File "game/phone/image fit.rpy", line 4, in get_image_size
    w, h = renpy.render(d, 0, 0, 0, 0).get_size()
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 625, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 287, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 706, in load
    raise e
IOError: Couldn't find file '电话/alanbeads.jpg'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Deviant Anomalies 0.9.2(Beta)
Sat Nov  4 23:40:43 2023

Last edited by a moderator:

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Lol what a joke! this game is officially dead. transition from HS to RPGM is worst decision ever. Well guys, let him scam more people from other Gaming Platforms.
I bet you he's gonna just port the original DA to RPGM over the span of five years, and the disapear again...with no new content

Reactions: wiseold6996

Lavan

Aug 17, 2019
Lol what a joke! this game is officially dead. transition from HS to RPGM is worst decision ever. Well guys, let him scam more people from other Gaming Platforms.
The transition is from HS to Daz which is fine if they can make good models, seen some great games that use Daz but it does require alot more skill. The other transition is from Renpy to RPGM, not really a fan of this but they want to make it more of a game than a VN so it does make some sense, RPGM is designed for making games so should be easier for them. Personally though I don't want more game in it, more game means less story/scenes, or at the very least less time to work on them.

Probably right in what you said, they're just going to milk it for more money, I just wanted to clarify for anyone reading through here.

4.10 star(s) 172 Votes