Feb 20, 2018
Ok, sorry, I thought you could only encounter it with an old save file.

So what is your procedure to replicate it with your save.
If I am not mistaken, it should appear once you talk to Kara (the save opens right at the two dialogue options). I had her sent once before to the strip club to replace Chrystal but that was some time ago. Should I check to see if what is said at post #2,358?

Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
If I am not mistaken, it should appear once you talk to Kara (the save opens right at the two dialogue options). I had her sent once before to the strip club to replace Chrystal but that was some time ago. Should I check to see if what is said at post #2,358?
I think I was able to get the problematic state, it stills acts weird with the fix but only visually, it doesn't raise exceptions.

I also claded the logic a bit to make sure no exotic state slips thanks to complex manipulations.

I'm uploading the 0.42.4 right now.
Quick question does the updater makes you download everything or is it very fast for those minor updates ?

bob bobs

Oct 7, 2018
I think I was able to get the problematic state, it stills acts weird with the fix but only visually, it doesn't raise exceptions.

I also claded the logic a bit to make sure no exotic state slips thanks to complex manipulations.

I'm uploading the 0.42.4 right now.
If I find anymore bugs I will tell you :)

Selfesteem

May 20, 2018
Love this game, and after the polish up compared to the earlier releases, it's close to being a form of art..love the bdsm in this game, not too much, exactly right..:)

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
The v0.42.4 is available by automated update, it should show up on the bottom left in the main menu.

You can also download it manually :
  • (Recommended for full quality)

Changes :
  • Fixing some cases that could lead to a bug when managing the girl working at the stripclub

When loading a save you will probably get a "Could not find return label" exception, in that case just rollback, it should work.

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
I'm sorry but, I'll have to ask you a save, I cannot locate the source of your issue.
I have the same issue, so maybe I can provide the savefile. It's a new savefile started in 0.42.4 lossless version from your previous post.
First savefile is at the start of dialogue with Alice, second is couple days after. After MC messages Kara and she says to meet her in the office, she's not there (tried morning, midday and evening) and MC says "I should call her". But calling only gives option to arrange meetup at home and messaging only has option about promotion of the sexshop.

JarJarBinks

Sep 21, 2017
How exactly do you get Harley to work at the stripclub, i can figure it out, only Chrystal, Kara and Yuki are available

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
How exactly do you get Harley to work at the stripclub, i can figure it out, only Chrystal, Kara and Yuki are available
I think it's a bug. I played one of the recent patches and she used to be able to work after the first green injection and then again after the second injection. But in version 0.42.4 i was only able to put her to work immediately after first injection, but after second the option is no more there.

JarJarBinks

Sep 21, 2017
I think it's a bug. I played one of the recent patches and she used to be able to work after the first green injection and then again after the second injection. But in version 0.42.4 i was only able to put her to work immediately after first injection, but after second the option is no more there.
Thats what i am experiencing as well, she doesnt show up after the second incection

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I have the same issue, so maybe I can provide the savefile. It's a new savefile started in 0.42.4 lossless version from your previous post.
First savefile is at the start of dialogue with Alice, second is couple days after. After MC messages Kara and she says to meet her in the office, she's not there (tried morning, midday and evening) and MC says "I should call her". But calling only gives option to arrange meetup at home and messaging only has option about promotion of the sexshop.
Ok thanks for those reports.

That kind of issues is really hard to track without detailed reports.

I won't be able to push a fix today but it should be done before the weekend.

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
Ok thanks for those reports.

That kind of issues is really hard to track without detailed reports.

I won't be able to push a fix today but it should be done before the weekend.
There's also one visual bug I also just found, I think you should be able to reproduce it from the same saves I sent you. During the whole sexshop promotion scene with Harley her image floats over the scene as if it's a dialogue:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The v0.42.4 is available by automated update, it should show up on the bottom left in the main menu.
This is an awesome way of issuing patches, and the first time I have seen it. It has fixed many of the game errors that I have been basically ignoring (like errors when clicking messages from the SMS system). Thank you so much for your hard work and issuing the fix.

Psilocide

Sep 6, 2017
I just used the auto-update function to 42.4, and the game wont open at all - I just get a notepad screen opening up with this message:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive 02_image_defines.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\nil_u\Desktop\Utility\temp\New folder\Apps\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\nil_u\Desktop\Utility\temp\New folder\Apps\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\nil_u\Desktop\Utility\temp\New folder\Apps\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\nil_u\Desktop\Utility\temp\New folder\Apps\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\script.py", line 690, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Wed Nov 13 17:06:01 2019

Any ideas? Can I roll it back somehow?

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I just used the auto-update function to 42.4, and the game wont open at all - I just get a notepad screen opening up with this message:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\nil_u\Desktop\Utility\temp\New folder\Apps\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\nil_u\Desktop\Utility\temp\New folder\Apps\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\nil_u\Desktop\Utility\temp\New folder\Apps\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\nil_u\Desktop\Utility\temp\New folder\Apps\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\DDGame-0.42.0-lossless\renpy\script.py", line 690, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Wed Nov 13 17:06:01 2019

Any ideas? Can I roll it back somehow?
Odd one, I don't see any obvious cause.

Download the ultralight version of the 0.42.4 and overwrite the files. You should still be able to chose the lossless image pack in the preferences.

May 9, 2017
I like how the game evolved but honestly I would prefer if there was an easy way to just skip the grinding. You know, sometimes you just wanna see the renders and read the story. I do more or less know how to cheat but my favorite games are always the one you have a "add 10000$" option
Nice work tho, follow the game pretty much since the beginning and like how it is growing. Problem is, I already grinded through the game last year, and I can't really find the time or motivation to do it again.

Reactions: HueyFreeman32

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
I like how the game evolved but honestly I would prefer if there was an easy way to just skip the grinding. You know, sometimes you just wanna see the renders and read the story. I do more or less know how to cheat but my favorite games are always the one you have a "add 10000$" option
Nice work tho, follow the game pretty much since the beginning and like how it is growing. Problem is, I already grinded through the game last year, and I can't really find the time or motivation to do it again.
Pretty much my exact feelings

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes