Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Some players would use the offered textbox opacity slider mod or the transparent text box mod,
all of these cannot function with the newly introduced face recognition mug shot cubicles.
It wouldn't be hard
Also, MC has one of the most aggregious, offputting ogrish mug shots used in those cubicles,
that is just hard on the eyes and makes it kind a hard to use the newfound confidence
to go the extra mile with dialogues when face to face with a bombshell while looking at that hiddeous mug shot.

All of these are just small observations, you do what you believe works in the contexts and moods in the game.

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Next version will make textbox portraits optional. There will be a new choice under Preferences that allows you to activate or deactivate them at will. The game will confirm your choice at the end of each day, so if you use an existing save, it should register the change once you begin the new content.

Considering that this finally forced me to get around to learning a bit more about Ren'Py screen language and button options, I'm gonna call this a win.

-Coding Guy​

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC is back in town ... in a very close to his past aubrey situation:
his girl used him and then kicked him to the curb.

With his newfound luck of one of his most prized exes, her hard knok attitude towards him,
coupled with all his other exes berratin him for whatever past mishaps,
this game brings a gush of fresh air into MC as the new babes he meets are fantastic.

Great rewards await throughout this game,
if only MC would make a practice of working towards dropping all the bad habbits his exes whale on him for.

Divide_By_Zero

Jr. Uploader
Sep 4, 2017
Here it is .. tried out the new 0.5.3 out and got some headway in the lore dept.

Aub is nonsensical as ever.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The headshot of MC is marvelously unflattering and way underappreciative .
Also, the hard cut photo makes mods that do away with the hideous textbox useless.
Penfold Mole , Divide_By_Zero , Mo81us .. can your transparency mods make these:
”Character textboxes with unique character portraits” dissapear in any way, shape or form?

Actually … Yes I just downloaded the compressed version and applied my box switcher/ transparent textbox mod and it fully works with this game... the code I used to apply the changes after releasing the mouse button has only the slightest lag for a few seconds initially as it performs the gui refresh without exiting.

after like 2-3 seconds the new box/ or NO Box showed up... and I even tested the option to switch back to the dev supplied one... it fully works here.

And the mod shouldn't break save games I believe. I don't see any ambiguous code since I created custom variables for it.

It's easy to remove if needed … just delete the 2 files :

DBZmods_screens _v1.2.rpy
DBZmods_screens _v1.2.rpyc

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
In this game, most of the time (one exception only actually) whomever MC knows well, disses him,
while the babes he meets first time can and will hitch with him.
Then there is the ex MC is shacking with, who is pent up outta her mind and horny AF,
who Mc will have to actively ignore seeing her aching and stuff, in order to rekindle some
in the last upate.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Luck would have it MC survives and keeps kicking his dead horse around.

Last edited:

OutOfFuxs2Give

Ex-Triple A Game Developer Now Lawyer
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
It's Abandoned, OEJ .

1655262246561.png

That's all, folks!
It's been a weird and wild ride these last few years working on Devil In Your Eyes. From the start, we went in knowing that this was our first joint attempt at a creative project of any sort, let alone one anywhere near this scale. Mistakes were made right from the get-go, some of which still annoy us to this day, but over the years we made a point of fixing and improving whatever we could. Now, looking at our latest version of the game, I can honestly say I'm proud of the writing and visuals that ReturnOfPoncho put together, as well as the fine tuning and polish that I contributed.
Unfortunately, we've hit a point where we just cannot justify continuing development of the game. We both work day jobs and have other obligations, and a project like this needs to be authentically fun for its devs to keep at it. And after some serious deliberation, we've come to the conclusion that the fun is gone. We're not happy about this in the least, but the choice is made. As of June 14, 2022, Devil In Your Eyes will be discontinued indefinitely.
To those of you who have supported us, shared your thoughts with us, and financially backed us over the years, we are eternally grateful. We may not have hit it big, but it's good to be appreciated all the same. Given the abrupt conclusion, those of you who are donating will receive refunds for the last month, along with our sincere apologies. We wish we could have given you more.
What comes next is undecided. It's possible we'll move forward with some other game ideas, ones which hopefully come together with less of a rocky start. Or it's possible that we'll go in some entirely different direction. Right now, though, we need to step back and take stock of our options. Summer vacation sounds hella nice right about now.
We at Graphicus Rex wish you all the best, and hope you enjoyed the ride while it lasted. Stay classy.
-ReturnOfPoncho & CodingGuy, the Graphicus Rex Team

Good luck guys, I hope you guys find success in your future endevours.

Last edited:

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I was always postponing to play this after the second release, because I did not like the direction it took both from a story and from game mechanic point of view, guess now I can postpone it for good.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Sorry to read about this. I thought some of the ladies looked a bit weird, but some looked great and the story and writing had potential.
Seems like another case where the devs felt so much pressure and negativity from some that it became too much.
I wish some people would just accept that not all games are for them and leave it at that, instead of raising shit in the threads and basically mobbing the devs.

As for anyone wondering why I posted this, more than half a year after the last post, I usually only go into threads when a new update hits, so I simply hadn't seen that the game was abandoned until now and even if it means necroing a thread, I wanted to express my frustration about how this played out.

Last edited:

JanisL

Oct 30, 2018
well, this is not the first and not the last game that was abandoned even before it really started, so it's not worth waiting for these developers to finish anything in the future.

Reactions: hatefuldisplay

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
I guess it could have been as bland and characterless as every other "ai" output.

The character art was one of the most interesting things your game had going for it.
I was just making a joke because a lot of people didn't like the Leah character.

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
I was all excited then, thinking it was coming back.
I don't know yet. CodeGuy got busy with a new job and I'm still toiling away in my fulltime job while doing a few other projects. It still remains in the back of my mind. Then I remember how quite a few people on here ruined and took the fun out of it for both of us. It would have been great making money off of it, but it was fine that we weren't. Despite what others might have thought. I wanted to get better at Daz while CodeGuy wanted to get better at coding and all. I did joke with him yesterday about putting every image into ai and re-release the game and see what happens. He thinks I'm glutton for punishment, lol.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Avaron1974
Sep 23, 2017
I was just making a joke because a lot of people didn't like the Leah character.
I know this doesnt amount to much (basically nothing) at present but my favorite character was Leah, her chin is a bit weird sometimes sure, but she still look pretty good in most renders, in my opinion at least. Whatever you decide to do in the future cheers for the honest try.

Reactions: GraphicusRex

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
I know this doesnt amount to much (basically nothing) at present but my favorite character was Leah, her chin is a bit weird sometimes sure, but she still look pretty good in most renders, in my opinion at least. Whatever you decide to do in the future cheers for the honest try.
Thank you for that, man. I certainly appreciate that.

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes