VN Ren'Py Abandoned Dim the Lights [Ep. 5 v1.0] [Naughty Cat Entertainment]

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Renders look great, but writing needs a lot of work. It's clear the dev isn't a native communicator, and needs to hire a writer/proofreader if they want this game to go anywhere.
needs some work..sure...but not like you put it I would say...not A LOT of work
I might be wrong I might not ...but that's the impression I got from playing.

HenzoStar

Apr 24, 2020
He is a very handsome and rich guy who gets women' attention easily. <----That is written in the overview..so let's take a deep breath and realize this is the way this character was written...which I don't really understand what is your problem with it.
I don't have a problem with it don't i? i clearly listed the writing is on the good side of the game.
The rapey scene..sure it is a bit rapey...and a bit creepy ..sure I'll give you that but on the other hand you kiinda failed to mention that she does wake up...while he is doing that ...and she does like it...and she does gives somewhat of a consent...so yes like I said I'll give you that ...it started a bit rapey but she continued aswell so it kinda stopped being rapey at that point.
No way in hell am I saying this is good behaviour but..let's say all that happened. that is fair right?

Also episode 2...he retains his perverted persona ( which I don't mind that much...) but also delves into his relantionship with Mrs. Skye goes a bit into the background of other characters that will be present and sets up the story further .
No, the part that is fucked up is the MC doing it in the first place, if we have a choice for it then we probably will do it cause we already know she likes it but the MC definitely don't know, what if the girl doesn't like it? he will have the police called on him. Again i'm not saying the relationship is rushed cause that first day sexual tension happens sometime in the world but that scene is definitely takes my liking away from the MC. Also how did you know what will happen in episode 2? that's just assumption right? my game ended after the sex.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Not sure where your logic comes from in even partly defending this to be honest.

In the first place just because someone wakes up to someone grinding on them and thinks I kinda like that lets go with it and let him fuck me that it dosn't make him trying to fuck her while she sleeps any less creepy.

It's not the outcome that count's its the intent behind the action in the first place.
If the MC makes no type of intermate aproach before hand its just plain f-kin creepy.

And if my MC do's that in a game without me picking it as an option then sad to say I'm odviously playing another Douche Bag MC again.

Just Sayin.

Last edited:

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I don't have a problem with it don't i? i clearly listed the writing is on the good side of the game.

No, the part that is fucked up is the MC doing it in the first place, if we have a choice for it then we probably will do it cause we already know she likes it but the MC definitely don't know, what if the girl doesn't like it? he will have the police called on him. Again i'm not saying the relationship is rushed cause that first day sexual tension happens sometime in the world but that scene is definitely takes my liking away from the MC. Also how did you know what will happen in episode 2? that's just assumption right? my game ended after the sex.
Like I said...it's a bit creepy I'm not gonna say no...but at the same time she acceptsand further more she wants it to happen also ..and she has hinted earlier on that she was attracted to him also...so there's also that still a bit creepy and rapey..but in the end it was consensual.

Also...I didn't make any assumptions to what happens in episode 2....I played it.

• Angry
Reactions: VaultBoyNewCanaan

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
I don't know what's worse in adult games the dead father or mother. One would assume the mother because of the whole incest factor.... but then again some of you may wanna fuck your father.
If he looks nice enough in lingerie, why not? Lol

If they're femme enough, I'll top them.

• Haha
Reactions: v1900

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
It doesn't matter how good the renders look. It's still rape. Should have been tagged!
I was trying to figure what to think of the game and then just quit and deleted.
Well I haven't played it so I'll have to take your word for it. But to your specific point about it not being tagged, it was just uploaded today and not by the developer. Mistakes can happen with the tags especially when something is just uploaded. That's the chance you take when you play a pirated game immediately after its version 1 upload. If it bothers you that much then send a (polite) request to the uploader.

Reactions: Vleder

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
It doesn't matter how good the renders look. It's still rape. Should have been tagged!
I was trying to figure what to think of the game and then just quit and deleted.
at best case scenario would be a attempted rape since there is no penetration untill she is awake...its more grinding than penetration ..so stop with with "it was rape I tell you..rape"...since it was not...
Yes it was molesty...but it was not rape...that's why there is no rape tag...
Well I haven't played it so I'll have to take your word for it. But to your specific point about it not being tagged, it was just uploaded today and not by the developer. Mistakes can happen with the tags especially when something is just uploaded. That's the chance you take when you play a pirated game immediately after its version 1 upload. If it bothers you that much then send a (polite) request to the uploader.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
at best case scenario would be a attempted rape since there is no penetration untill she is awake...its more grinding than penetration ..so stop with with "it was rape I tell you..rape"...since it was not...
Yes it was molesty...but it was not rape...that's why there is no rape tag...
No my intention to flame the thread. Just to stress the type of content.
Maybe a bit blunt of me but still don't consider the mc atempted to rub his dick in her pussy...

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
That is a very detailed overview if i ever seen one. The premise isn't too original but neither is a lot of things in the world so it's fine. I'll be checking this out to see what direction it goes.

Reactions: NaughtyCatEnt.

SmokinDragon

Oct 12, 2017
The renders are top-tier, but the language... Please Devs, if English isn't your first language, have someone for whom it is edit your script. Much of the script here feels like it would have been better if the dev wrote it in their native language and then machine translated it. It is that bad.

I have a bad feeling that the excellent renders will be wasted by a bog-standard plot and worse than engrish text, and it is such a shame...

Kladi Eggar

Jul 31, 2018
You people are judging that situation in the bed pretty fast in my opinion. First of all he has no right to poke the girl with his stick while she is sleeping. That's just his immorality, his depravity and wrong BUT he came to that point by considering the whole evening. The way the girl flirted with him all night, she clearly wanted him, they literally wanted eachother. She was already ready to have sex with him if he could start it before they decided to sleep, right? But he didn't because of his gf but in the end his uncontrollable urges weigh heavier and he chose this twisted way.

Now about the rape or not rape part, rape according to the law is 1) If person A wants to have sex with person B and if B clearly states a "NO!" but if A ignores her and goes against her "will" and force her to have sexual encounter with him that is called rape. 2) If B is in an unconcious state with the effects of drug/alcohol or anything that is directly called rape.
shortly: he knew he wouldn't be rejected %90, so he started with small grindings on her, after a short time the girl woke up and she joined the show and started to grind her ass against him. (If she would say NO to him right there and if he wouldn't stop, yeah that was a rape but this time people will say that she was sleeping, that's a half unconcious state, right? Well that's true but I'll feel sorry if you can't wake up with a man's wood rubbing against your butt in your sleep... that aint good lol) End of story. what's the big deal.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Interesting start. Not sure about a few things. Maybe will keep an eye on it and see where it goes.
Renders are pretty good. Though I think the animations might need a bit of work, though they aren't as bad as some I have seen. A proof reader could be needed, I am guessing Dev's first language is not English, which happens a lot, that's fine, but there were a few things that I noticed.
My biggest dislike though: I didn't like how the lewd scene started out, it was borderline rape. I was uncomfortable and even though she agrees in the end, perhaps adding at least the 'sleep sex' tag as a warning. EDIT: Just saw someone else said 'molestation tag' and that might be even more appropriate. I dunno, maybe I am wrong, just felt quite uncomfortable with how that started.
Being able to change the MC's name would always be a plus to me, but I am fine with it as is. One question though, is this a kinetic novel or will there be choices to be made?

Last edited:

SmokinDragon

Oct 12, 2017
You people are judging that situation in the bed pretty fast in my opinion. First of all he has no right to poke the girl with his stick while she is sleeping. That's just his immorality, his depravity and wrong BUT he came to that point by considering the whole evening. The way the girl flirted with him all night, she clearly wanted him, they literally wanted eachother. She was already ready to have sex with him if he could start it before they decided to sleep, right? But he didn't because of his gf but in the end his uncontrollable urges weigh heavier and he chose this twisted way.

Now about the rape or not rape part, rape according to the law is 1) If person A wants to have sex with person B and if B clearly states a "NO!" but if A ignores her and goes against her "will" and force her to have sexual encounter with him that is called rape. 2) If B is in an unconcious state with the effects of drug/alcohol or anything that is directly called rape.
shortly: he knew he wouldn't be rejected %90, so he started with small grindings on her, after a short time the girl woke up and she joined the show and started to grind her ass against him. (If she would say NO to him right there and if he wouldn't stop, yeah that was a rape but this time people will say that she was sleeping, that's a half unconcious state, right? Well that's true but I'll feel sorry if you can't wake up with a man's wood rubbing against your butt in your sleep... that aint good lol) End of story. what's the big deal.
It is sexual assault if the victim is unconscious and unable to give consent. Doesn't matter if it is drugs, alcohol or just sleeping. In case of sleeping, context is important: if you are grinding on your girlfriend, whom you have been sexual active with previously, then it is not sexual assault. If it is for all intents and purposes a stranger you met hours before, it is. Your justification is just laughable. Anyways, I am not going to kinkshame anyone. If fictional sexual assault is your thing, I don't care, what I do care about is the lack of tags warning people about this, so that us who finds it wrong/despicable/creepy can avoid it

Kladi Eggar

Jul 31, 2018
It is sexual assault if the victim is unconscious and unable to give consent. Doesn't matter if it is drugs, alcohol or just sleeping. In case of sleeping, context is important: if you are grinding on your girlfriend, whom you have been sexual active with previously, then it is not sexual assault. If it is for all intents and purposes a stranger you met hours before, it is. Your justification is just laughable. Anyways, I am not going to kinkshame anyone. If fictional sexual assault is your thing, I don't care, what I do care about is the lack of tags warning people about this, so that us who finds it wrong/despicable/creepy can avoid it
Yeah ok fair enough, that was a good explanation.

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes