VN Ren'Py Abandoned Dim the Lights [Ep. 5 v1.0] [Naughty Cat Entertainment]

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

NaughtyCatEnt.

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2021
Hello guys, it happened to someone else, I use Win 10 pro with Windows Defender antivírus
Detectado:Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml - Detalhes: This program is dangerous and executes the commands of an attacker . Data: 10/04/2021 15:06
Affected items : file: F:\Games For Juca\DimTheLightsEp01-1.0-pc\DimTheLightsEp01-32.exe
file: F:\Games For Juca\DimTheLightsEp02-1.0-pc\DimTheLightsEp02-32.exe
Got the same Message from Windows Defender, download was per Mega Link for Win on Front Page of this Thread
I have been testing the both .exe files with different machines that has win10 installed and I can surely tell you that the windows defender warnings you get are false positives. After reading that many people on the forums and reddit have been complaining about renpy 32bit .exe causing problems, I scanned the 32bit .exe on . There are a few detected threats in 32Bit version but the 64bit .exe always comes out clean. Interesting part is my PC doesn't give me any warning when I run 32bit verison. Both versions are fine on the tested desktops and laptop.

In future I will get rid of 32Bit .exe and just leave 64Bit .exe in the game folder to prevent the false positives.

Have a nice sunday everyone!

Reactions: TValia

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Can We'll be able to change the name of MC in this update or upcoming Updates?
Too bad we can't choose the MC's name.
I was thinking that it was unfortunate that we couldn't change the MC's first name, but with the way he acts it might be a good thing.
Being able to change the MC's name would always be a plus to me, but I am fine with it as is.
Can we change MC's name?
Can some hero modder make an MC name change mod for this KN?
You can now give the MC a custom first and last name. I amended script.rpy for the merged Episode 1 and Episode 2. See spoiler below. Enjoy :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

mcnero

Oct 4, 2020
Unofficial Android Port for :- Dim The Lights EP2

Download

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Textsize, opacity slider added

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.
Looks like a good story
King Slayer100 Thanks for the Android version

fantastic beginning of the story, amazing Mrs Skye can't wait for the updates. Good job (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: NaughtyCatEnt.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android Ep.2v1.0 APK
Android games updated daily -

Reactions: NaughtyCatEnt.

NaughtyCatEnt.

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2021
Yup, me too (and in a different program), time to ignore the thread and this dev.
It's a false positive alarm with the 32bit launcher .exe file, I wrote an explanation about it earlier. Just delete and get rid of 32bit .exe and use 64bit to launch the game. I suggest you to scan both .exe files on and see it yourself.

With the newest versions of Ren'Py (version I use is 7.4.2.1292) when you build game distributions with a custom .exe icon (not default Ren'Py icon) that triggers some antivirus softwares. In my case the red spades icon on 32bit .exe file is triggering some of the anti-virus softwares. If you know Ren'py, you can simply test it yourself with the latest versions of Ren'Py. Just insert a custom logo, build the distributions and check your 32bit .exe on . Anyway, I will replace the download links today, I have been working on it for the last a few days.

Thanks for the heads up & my apologies,
Have a nice day!

Reactions: BTLD

NaughtyCatEnt.

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2021
Hello everyone, I made some changes to the game and updated the download links;

1) Merged episode 1 and 2 together and made it a single folder & a single game. Keep your save files for the future episodes.
2) Removed 32bit launcher .exe file from pc version to prevent the false antivirus alarms.

If you encounter any issues or mistakes, please write it here under this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: DanThaMan

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Dim the Lights [Ep. 2 v1.0] [Naughty Cat Entertainment] crunched
new merged version

Original Size PC (Win/Linux): 1,12 GB
Original Size Mac: 1,09 GB

Compressed Size PC (Win/Linux): 115 MB
DimTheLightsEp02-1.0-pc-crunched.7z:

Compressed Size Mac: 97 MB
DimTheLightsEp02-1.0-mac-crunched.zip:

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools: UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone) - YAC v2.1 (hngg@f95zone) -

Last edited:

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
i can easily see this becoming an incest game. just a few dialogue changes. If the property and business thing is really gonna play a huge part in the future then Mrs. Skye can be easlily made MC's Aunt(by blood).

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
i can easily see this becoming an incest game. just a few dialogue changes. If the property and business thing is really gonna play a huge part in the future then Mrs. Skye can be easlily made MC's Aunt(by blood).
no offense but don't try to force your kinks on the dev...this is the way it was meant to be, not incest
There are plenty of VNs with incest , there's no need for incest in this VN , this VN is good as it is.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
no offense but don't try to force your kinks on the dev...this is the way it was meant to be, not incest
There are plenty of VNs with incest , there's no need for incest in this VN , this VN is good as it is.
I know that. It's developer's call. I was just Expressing my views.

NaughtyCatEnt.

Game Developer
Apr 3, 2021
So I won't need to update my mod?. If yes, that's great :)
* Correct, you don't have to mod the game for MC name change. With episode 3 and for the later episodes, you'll be able to name the MC yourself.
* Moving on to Ren'Py 7.4.4 from 7.4.2 for various reasons including false positive anti-virus alarms, your old save files probably won't work.

Reactions: Chrisdarock19
3.30 star(s) 9 Votes