VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I don't think Tara wants to rule New Amsterdam openly. Otherwise she would have already done it. My take is that she considers it her personal playground. :ROFLMAO:
I only picked "get a job" once and then "have fun" afterwards. It does have an effect after all?
It changes Viv's thought in a number of places, but other than that has no effects that I've seen.
There has to be a logical explanation of Viv's sexuality. It has to fit. I don't believe there are any big holes in the story. Not with this level of detail.
I base my suspicion about Ms Harper's involvement with Tara on the conversation she has with Viv if Viv refuses to help Eva cheat nor helps her in any way. Ms Harper has Viv analyze a poem about a person's encounter with a demon, which Viv interprets as just a metaphor. Ms Harper counters that demons are very real.
Oh right. I had forgotten about that. But Harper never says that demons are real. The actual phrasing is that Harper thinks the girl describes it as if it was real.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In another playthrough while Tara does Viv's hair in the salon she can ask Tara about any person Viv knows or has met. If the person in question is Ms Harper, Tara's answer seemed very strange. At least to me. And it kind of implied they have met or even have a history (?). I may have misinterpreted Tara's words at the time, because it seemed to me like Tara wanted revenge for something on Ms Harper.
Now I've read the discussion with Tara in the salon again. And I don't see anything that hints that Tara knows her in more ways than she knows all the women in Viv's life. The closest I come is the question "Is she like you?" but that reveals more about the true nature of Tara than about Harper. And in "Can I make her mine?" it is only about Viv vs Harper from what I am reading.

But I haven't read all the variants of those conversations.
Maybe she just wanted to see Viv try. You know, for shits and giggles. Now I remember that at the first meeting with Tara in the gallery, when Viv asks about that painting with vivid colors, Tara tells her that someone with a lot of passion had painted it. When asked whether Tara knew the painter, she responds that the author was better with words. :) Or something along those lines. It didn't occur to me at first, but now it aligns with my theory that Tara knew Ms Harper. ;) It just shows how much detail is really in the game and how much work must have been put into it. :love:

But you always have to do experiments and make observations to confirm a theory. :ROFLMAO:
This one seems more on the money, but it still ambiguous if Tara is talking from personal experience or not. Specifically the scene is from the salon as well, but they are talking about the artist that created that painting in the gallery.

BWG is altogether too masterful at giving ambiguous hints. You really need to pay attention to the exact phrasings. :)

And now I have really spent altogether too much time poking around the sources of this game. :)

Reactions: Cygnus X-1

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
(You get the Katherine option with Tara at the salon if Des doesn't go to the party and you meet Katherine with Des at the club)
You can get it even if you go to the party. If I remember correctly what is needed is to not let Des sleep over at Viv's place and either help Eva cheat or blow her off (that is no go to Eva's dorm and help her write the essay).

You get different dialog with Katherine at the party if you met her at the club already.

Reactions: Sorrow85

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I think the aunt is blonde and don't see any blondes in the teaser.
Really? Because I see at least one, possibly two blondes. The one on the other deckchair is blonde but with a black handkerchief or something tying her hair back, and the other walking on the pier

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Really? Because I see at least one, possibly two blondes. The one on the other deckchair is blonde but with a black handkerchief or something tying her hair back, and the other walking on the pier
My bad, you are right about the deckchair girl. For some reason I thought she had black hair with blonde strands. The one on the pier seems more brunette to me. Still don't think it is the aunt though, deckchair woman is more yellow-reddish and wrong hairstyle compared to aunt.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
My bad, you are right about the deckchair girl. For some reason I thought she had black hair with blonde strands. The one on the pier seems more brunette to me. Still don't think it is the aunt though, deckchair woman is more yellow-reddish and wrong hairstyle compared to aunt.
Yeah, and she is tanned. The one walking on the pier could be a red head.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Yeah, and she is tanned. The one walking on the pier could be a red head.
One of the issues I have with trying to identify assets is that often the difference between blonde, redhead, brunette is sometimes just down to lighting.

I'm a little curious about the teaser though. If BWG has spent anywhere near as much time as I have finding assets for it, seems a little strange if it has nothing to do with the game coming up. Unless I'm completely off the mark and it has more to do with MLS.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I think of it more as "Tara is watching you guys" some kind of humour by Dev :sneaky:
That reminds me: how is Tara actually is keeping tab on people? Does she have some sort of omniscience so she knows what they are doing regardless of where she is? Or does she need to be physically near? And does she need to actually travel between locations or is she teleporting or something similar?

Reactions: Sorrow85

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
So no in New Amsterdam? Awww :cry:.
There, there. :)
That render of Viv on the beach? I assumed she was on a vacation. :)
Hm, now that you mention it. The teaser for MLS was on a beach too... And it's taking place in New Amsterdam. And the girls were shopping for swimsuits. o_O

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
That reminds me: how is Tara actually is keeping tab on people? Does she have some sort of omniscience so she knows what they are doing regardless of where she is? Or does she need to be physically near? And does she need to actually travel between locations or is she teleporting or something similar?
Remember the scene where mom and Viv were going to their hotel room? ;) Tara was standing there watching them, but they didn't recognise her. She probably was "masked" or using her "mind trick" ability. :)

Reactions: bacienvu88

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Remember the scene where mom and Viv were going to their hotel room? ;) Tara was standing there watching them, but they didn't recognise her. She probably was "masked" or using her "mind trick" ability. :)
Yeah, she is present when she wants to. But how did she know they were going to be there? I doubt she is always following them around.

And my questions really leads to: Can you hide from Tara and if yes, how do you do it?

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
There, there. :)
That render of Viv on the beach? I assumed she was on a vacation. :)
Hm, now that you mention it. The teaser for MLS was on a beach too... And it's taking place in New Amsterdam. And the girls were shopping for swimsuits. o_O
If New Amsterdam is climatically like Martha's Vineyard, around July would be pretty good beach weather.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Yeah, she is present when she wants to. But how did she know they were going to be there? I doubt she is always following them around.

And my questions really leads to: Can you hide from Tara and if yes, how do you do it?
Magic. Duh. :) Really? I don't know. Maybe if you had a "SEP" field around you. ;) "Someone else's problem" field from Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. :cool:

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Magic. Duh. :) Really? I don't know. Maybe if you had a "SEP" field around you. ;) "Someone else's problem" field from Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. :cool:
Of course magic. But I sort of expect there to be some rules around Tara's magic considering how detailed the rest of the world building is. But I'll happily accept "She will know" as well. :)

And since you mention THGTTG, now I want to see how famous works of art are different in the DDoS universe. :) Kind of like some story where Nazis conquered Britain and The Beatles sang propaganda songs in German. :LOL:

• Haha

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021

But this ties in nicely to my suspicion / theory about Ms Harper and Tara. Did Ms Harper assume according her own experience with how meeting Tara affected her that the same must have happened to Viv? In regards to Viv's change. Or did Tara "mark" Viv in a way noone could recognise? Except if you knew what to look for. Like a "magic marker", like you would put rings on birds. ;) Mark of the beast. Damn I didn't want to go there...:eek:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
So our beach makeout, ehm beach r&r is saved!:love:
Well, if the incest laws in New Amsterdam are the same as in nearby Rhode Island, Mom making out with Viv and Aunt would be perfectly legal.

I was a little curious that if you invite Mom to the party as Viv's date, I believe Viv tells the bouncer that Mom is both her mother and her date, and the bouncer doesn't bat an eye.

• Red Heart
4.30 star(s) 38 Votes