VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Nah. That will only turn her on. You should confuse her by showing love and affection. :D
true, she doesn't quite know how to react when Viv is cuddling with her in the afterglow of them hooking up for the first time. You can tell its been a while since she's had anything other than extremely casual sex.

Reactions: bacienvu88

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Ok, overreating is a too strong word. But at the same time I think that Des shares some of the blame for what goes down there with Viv and Eva.
I agree that from Des's point of view it looks bad. Especially since Viv never tells her about inviting someone else to the party (although if Viv rushes after Des after that outburst, she will make a full confession). But as far as I can tell Des has never told Viv that Eva is "the enemy". Or told what happened back then to her supposed best friend. The only reason why Viv knows anything about it at all is because Eva told her. I think Viv strongly underestimates the anger between Des and Eva as well.
Well, the thing is, you don't tell even your friends everything. Probably not something you'd rather forget. Only when you feel it is the right time. Yes, Des hasn't called Eva that. But now we assume she does consider her as such. Maybe Viv and Des should talk.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
BlackWebGames After you have that altercation between Des and Eva at the party and Des storms off crying. The next day seems to be mostly unaffected and you go to the art studio with Des and they don't mention what went down at the party and seems very friendly with each other. And you can even have sex with Des. Is this really intentional? It seems out of place to me.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
BlackWebGames After you have that altercation between Des and Eva at the party and Des storms off crying. The next day seems to be mostly unaffected and you go to the art studio with Des and they don't mention what went down at the party and seems very friendly with each other. And you can even have sex with Des. Is this really intentional? It seems out of place to me.
Did you give her flowers or a gift? Because Sorrow85 mentioned they can make up if you do. ;) And it's even written in that monstrous flow chart on the first page of the thread.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Well, the thing is, you don't tell even your friends everything. Probably not something you'd rather forget. Only when you feel it is the right time. Yes, Des hasn't called Eva that. But now we assume she does consider her as such.
I agree. But the same goes for Viv. I do believe that she had intended to talk with Des about her relationship with Eva when she feel it is the right time. It was a pretty bad idea to bring Eva to the party together with Des though (on the other hand I don't want Viv to leave Eva at home together with Mom ...).
Maybe Viv and Des should talk.
That I wholeheartedly agree with. And then Viv and Eva should talk. So she gets both sides.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Hey, I like Eva. To me she's just someone who knows what they want and goes for it.
Even if it's just for the heck of it and it causes someone pain and she doesn't care? :(

Even if it was just another exchange in their long standing conflict. She used Viv to get back to Des. Even though it looks like she admits it was not the only reason and she found Viv attractive. So she was killing two birds with one stone. Anger Des by having fun with her friend. From Viv's perspective I find it sneaky and would feel used and angry at Eva.
Seen from Des' point of view I would punch Eva in the face and maybe slap Viv.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Did you give her flowers or a gift? Because Sorrow85 mentioned they can make up if you do. ;) And it's even written in that monstrous flow chart on the first page of the thread.
Nope. Didn't get an option for that. Flowers is only part of the Des heartbroken path I believe which you only get if Mom goes to party and not Des. I may be wrong, haven't checked the details.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
I agree. But the same goes for Viv. I do believe that she had intended to talk with Des about her relationship with Eva when she feel it is the right time. It was a pretty bad idea to bring Eva to the party together with Des though (on the other hand I don't want Viv to leave Eva at home together with Mom ...).

That I wholeheartedly agree with. And then Viv and Eva should talk. So she gets both sides.
If you do leave Eva at home with mom, you can catch them in flagranti. So don't invite Eva to stay at their home. ;)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Nope. Didn't get an option for that. Flowers is only part of the Des heartbroken path I believe which you only get if Mom goes to party and not Des. I may be wrong, haven't checked the details.
If Viv goes only with mom to the party and you don't tell Des, even don't let her sleep over, there is no heart break and no flowers. And you can sleep with Des after she paints Viv. ;)

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Yes! That's a really good one. You see, previously I thought, as per Des' comments while out drinking with Viv, that Eva was one of the girls Des kissed. Eva maybe had a crush on Des and Des agreed to kiss her. But Des didn't like it or maybe later acted like "spoiled princess" as Eva would say. In the first case Des didn't go any further which angered Eva. In the second case Eva may have broken up with Des and broke her heart. Well that was what I thought before. Now I think it's simpler. Eva stole Des' boyfriend. That Des loved or at least liked very much.
Thinking about this some more: Maybe it is a bit of both? If it is only that Eva stole Des's boyfriend it doesn't make much sense why Eva hates Des. So maybe Eva stole Des's boyfriend as revenge for Des breaking Eva's heart? Maybe far fetched, but it feels like it is not just one sided.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
If Viv goes only with mom to the party and you don't tell Des, even don't let her sleep over, there is no heart break and no flowers. And you can sleep with Des after she paints Viv. ;)
Sorry. I wasn't clear. There is more to it. Des heartbreak currently requires all of: not let Des sleep over, help Eva with homework and go to party with Mom. Then you'll get the buy flowers option.
So maybe it should be that the altercation with Viv, Des and Eva should also lead to $heartbreak=1? But that is ultimately something for BWG to decide. :)

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Sorry. I wasn't clear. There is more to it. Des heartbreak currently requires all of: not let Des sleep over, help Eva with homework and go to party with Mom. Then you'll get the buy flowers option.
So maybe it should be that the altercation with Viv, Des and Eva should also lead to $heartbreak=1? But that is ultimately something for BWG to decide. :)
So you think after that event Des got drunk and has forgotten about it? So did you run after her? And after that at the atelier she talked to Viv normally and would sleep with her? Could she contemplate a counterstrike in silence to get back at Eva? Or does she after getting drunk come to the conclusion that it was just a bloody party and she will not let Eva get the better of her and possibly loose her friend?

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
So you think after that event Des got drunk and has forgotten about it? So did you run after her? And after that at the atelier she talked to Viv normally and would sleep with her? Could she contemplate a counterstrike in silence to get back at Eva? Or does she after getting drunk come to the conclusion that it was just a bloody party and she will not let Eva get the better of her and possibly loose her friend?
Didn't matter if I let Viv run after her or just go home. Didn't feel like Des was that drunk to forget the whole thing. And for Des's thoughts, nothing is in the game as far as I can see.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
I have a solution for them. :D
Settle their differences in the ring. The mud ring. :ROFLMAO: With Viv as the referee. Which would inevitably lead to a threesome in the mud. :sneaky:
To let all their emotions, all that anger out.
And to be able to make up afterwards.
I would only be worried about Viv's wellbeing being caught in the middle of that relationship. I'm sure those two would continue making love long after Viv had passed out. :love:

Reactions: bacienvu88

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Thinking about this some more: Maybe it is a bit of both? If it is only that Eva stole Des's boyfriend it doesn't make much sense why Eva hates Des. So maybe Eva stole Des's boyfriend as revenge for Des breaking Eva's heart? Maybe far fetched, but it feels like it is not just one sided.
After even more thinking. A guess as to what happened that still makes the whole thing mostly a misunderstanding.

Des and Eva were best friends. Eva thought the world of Des. Much like Des currently does to Viv. Maybe Eva even was beginning to fall in love with Des.

Something happened to Eva causing here to need support, comfort and affection. My guess is that it was due to some sort of fallout between Eva and her parents. Tara hinted that Eva was the needy one, rather than Des at that time.

Des was unable to give give that affection to Eva because she had just gotten a new boyfriend and put all her affection and attention toward him rather than Eva. Des is oblivious to Eva's problems.

Eva is desperate and tries to get the attention of Des through the boyfriend. Boyfriend is a douchebag and starts hitting on Eva. Eva, who still wants to get the attention of Des doesn't immediately shut down the boyfriends advances.

Result:
Des accuses Eva of being a boyfriend-stealer and betraying Des.
Eva loses all respect for Des since Des believes the doucebag instead of her best friend.

After that they become more and more bitter towards each other and neither is willing to listen to the other.

And maybe Eva goes after Viv as some sort of "if I'm going to be accused of being a partner-stealer, I can as well make it true". Or a "let's see how you feel when your best friend abandons you" revenge thing. Still not that charitable to Eva:s character, but understandable if the above is true.

I also feel this is fairly in line with Des's character who seem to me to quickly go into accusatory mode for perceived slights.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Why does Eva hate Des?
I don't see Des belittling, demeaning or otherwise bullying Eva. :unsure:
So it could go like this.
Eva fell in love with Des. They kissed. Maybe continued their relationship. Maybe tried to go
further. Perhaps confessing to Des. Or tried to get more intimate. Des stopped it, claiming she isn't a lesbian. Could even said she was just curious or wanted to try it out. Essentially her feelings weren't as deep as Eva hoped for. Eva was heart broken. They broke up. And things got awkward between them. At least on Eva's side.
Two versions of what happened after:
Eva feels bitter and heart broken. Des finds a (new) boyfriend. Could be shortly after Eva. Des and her boyfriend are all lovey dovey. Eva hates it. "How could she replace me so quickly? She really must not have loved me." Out of revenge she goes and seduces Des' boyfriend. Only that Des really fell for the guy and now hates Eva.
Des finds a new boyfriend. Des is falls head over heels for him. He's probably charming, dashing young lad. Des young and inexperienced and blinded by love. Eva sees it and of course hates it. Is furious. "How could she? And we have barely broken up and she already is all over this guy?!" Only Des doesn't see that her young lover isn't the prince Charming she sees him as. But Eva not blinded by his radiant smile sees that he flirts with other girls, which Des waves away " of course he has a lot of fans, dashing as he is! ". And not just that. Maybe he is just a scoundrel who boozes with his friends after school when he waves good bye to all his fans and not happens to go to a date with his "princess". Maybe he is more handsy with his female "fans" than the occasional smile or kiss on the hand. But Des doesn't (want to) see any of this. When Eva tries to warn her that he's a good for nothing scoundrel and womanizer she dismisses her. One time Eva catches her prince charming giving his attention to one of his fans. Maybe going out of a bar, in a back street. She could go so far as to call him out on it, as he "has a girlfriend, dammit!", but he just shoos her away maybe threatening her not to tell about it to Des. Eva has got enough of it and if Des wouldn't listen she would prove it to her and show what a douchebag he really is. So she meets up with him one day and asks him if he wouldn't go for a drink. Which he after a short hesitation "aren't you her nosy friend? Oh, well, whatever." accepts. Then at the bar after they, well mostly he, had a few drinks she is more forward and applies her feminine charms. He now being tipsy doesn't resist. Not like he would probably anyway. But Eva has to make sure. When he is swooning all over Eva, suddenly Des arrives on the scene at the arranged time of her meeting with her, supposedly to talk about something important. Des cannot believe her eyes her boyfriend making out with her "friend". Her whole world collapses. She makes a scene screaming and shouting at her unfaithful boyfriend. Who under the influence of alcohol only stammers in response. She's got enough. It's over. Her prince isn't so charming anymore. And her friend, no former," lover" who previously declared her undying love for her is now smooching her "prince". She storms off not wanting to hear a word or seeing them ever again. It's over. Not only for Des. Eva feeling like the ground has been pulled from under her feet is shell-shocked, but unlike her friend she feels like in a daze. Everything is getting blurry, images, sounds. She just barely manages to get the drunken sack off of her. She somehow gets a taxi and comes home. Next day in school her friend doesn't want to speak with her and just calls her a whore, slut and accuses her of stealing her boyfriend. Des doesn't let her explain the whole situation. She doesn't want to hear about it. And thinks it's Eva's way of getting back at her for turning her down. Eva is heart broken. Now she truly lost her friend. Let alone any chance to become lovers ever again. For Des she is only a thief and a traitor.
DDoS. Coming soon to a server near you.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 38 Votes