VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Kass/\ndra

Apr 29, 2021
Tara tells you that you have to find a balance. Give her too much, she will become too much to handle. Don't give her enough and she will leave you and try to get affection elsewhere. Like with that art dealer.
I personally don't mind it either. I want the cute little kitty to lie down on Viv's lap. To snuggle close to her. To rub her face on Viv's face. To massage Viv's legs to make her relaxed after a long day at school or work. To hang on her for dear life when walking outside and look at Viv with admiration as if an angel appeared in front of her. In short I want the clingy kitty to stay true to her mistress and not run away. :)

I think this brings up a few good questions.
If asked, Tara will tell you bluntly what the older art-dealer (Arthur, if I'm not mistaken) is planning to do with Desiree.
Now here's the thing, while his behavior is perceived as highly manipulative and abusive, Vivian (maybe unknowingly at first and not as refined as him) is doing the exact same thing to her.
The result will always be the same, Desiree becomes an obedient and submissive little pet; the only difference would be who's holding her leash in their hands in the end.

Some might object that Vivian does it all out of love, but, at least to me, abusing someone's weaknesses and their longings to be loved is just plain wrong, no matter how you justify your actions.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Des becoming a pet, I dislike the way she is manipulated and coaxed into the role.

Reactions: bacienvu88

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
So you just need a Des fan to get their hands on and and post it in the fan art thread.
Some of the poses are funny, but don't look like the other party enjoys it. ;)
And we already got a cosplay kitty Des. :)

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Some might object that Vivian does it all out of love, but, at least to me, abusing someone's weaknesses and their longings to be loved is just plain wrong, no matter how you justify your actions.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Des becoming a pet, I dislike the way she is manipulated and coaxed into the role.
That is exactly my feeling as well now that I think about it.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
If asked, Tara will tell you bluntly what the older art-dealer (Arthur, if I'm not mistaken) is planning to do with Desiree.
Now here's the thing, while his behavior is perceived as highly manipulative and abusive, Vivian (maybe unknowingly at first and not as refined as him) is doing the exact same thing to her.
The result will always be the same, Desiree becomes an obedient and submissive little pet; the only difference would be who's holding her leash in their hands in the end.

The thing with Des is she desires love and affection. And will try to get it where she can. Probably never truly be happy or satisfied in her shallow "relationships" centered on sex. I'm willing to go all in (if the game allows it) and have Viv give her all the love and affection she needs and craves. And bring her to the heights of extacy in the process. :cool: I likened her to a kitten because that's what she reminded me of in her cuteness. Not that I want to put a literal leash on her. ;) But I would be delighted if she wore a necklace with Viv's name (or just the letter V on a chain) as a sign of love. :giggle: In the end it's about giving and receiving love. She wants it and I'm willing to give it and hope to recieve it too. ;)
Whereas Arthur just wants to feed her enough affection to not leave, but leave her wanting more. Never being really satisfied.

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019

I think that's another reason I prefer the Eva route. After Viv pins Eva down, there's the initial surprise from Eva, but the rest Eva is in with her eyes wide open.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
I think that's another reason I prefer the Eva route. After Viv pins Eva down, there's the initial surprise from Eva, but the rest Eva is in with her eyes wide open.
You said Eva does become Viv's submissive plaything, or something like that.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
I think what Tara was saying about Des was that Des should learn not to depend on other people for her happiness that much and Viv should help her achieve it. Instead of spoiling her rotten and making her dependant on Viv. Thus making Des needy and clingy. But Viv should be careful that she doesn't give her too little affection because she might leave Viv and go looking for it elsewhere. Possibly falling in with people like Arthur. :(
Not that she should feed her "breadcrumbs", just barely enough to keep Des tied to her. :confused: Like Tara said the art dealer wanted to do.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I think what Tara was saying about Des was that Des should learn not to depend on other people for her happiness that much and Viv should help her achieve it. Instead of spoiling her rotten and making her dependant on Viv. Thus making Des needy and clingy. But Viv should be careful that she doesn't give her too little affection because she might leave Viv and go looking for it elsewhere. Possibly falling in with people like Arthur. :(
Not that she should feed her "breadcrumbs", just barely enough to keep Des tied to her. :confused: Like Tara said the art dealer wanted to do.
The words Tara use are "But if you want to take a less direct approach, fine. Same strategy though. Drip feed her affection. Make her work for it.". But that is for the question "How can I make her mine". If you ask about a relationship instead Tara says "Just be careful not to smother her too much otherwise she will start to see herself entitled to your affection."

Kass/\ndra

Apr 29, 2021

Maybe with jelly

Mud wrestling? Alright, so what's next, extreme 18 holes nude golfing VR?!

But cat-fights in a club on the other hand; vicious, just vicious, let me tell you.
I mean, the guys were mostly content acting like schoolboys, daring each other, or when push came to shove some punches til the bouncers dragged them out, but the gals?
Always up close and personal, no holds barred.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
The words Tara use are "But if you want to take a less direct approach, fine. Same strategy though. Drip feed her affection. Make her work for it.". But that is for the question "How can I make her mine". If you ask about a relationship instead Tara says "Just be careful not to smother her too much otherwise she will start to see herself entitled to your affection."
But I think what I wrote would be a real life solution. But yeah, I may be reading to much into the game. ;) But I guess that's a testament to the quality of the game. :cool:

Edit.
Or I should say "the right thing to do". But people don't always do what's right.
So in game I'll settle for "madly in love" and "all over each other". :love:

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Hot damn, telling Ms. Harper to fuck off is satisfying. I've been meaning to test out the blackmail path. But whenever I see that "fuck off" option, I just can't resist it. :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, so far it's 3 for 3 (AWAM, Free Pass and this) for me in terms of having far more fun refusing blackmail

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
This game. Really. It is murder for a completionist like me. Will I ever be able to get all scenes and dialog? :)

I was checking out a few different things with Shanna & Malina. So I got on the path where you discover that Shanna & Malina are girlfriends. Which in turn leads to being able to go home with Des without Des getting drugged, which I didn't know was possible. And a completely different sex scene with Des that I haven't seen before (and a really hot one at that :love: ).

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes