VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
(from MLS thread)
I postulated before that they both are similar in that they crave love and affection (based on my and Alley_Cat playthrough) and both opt for shallow relationships with sex only. But that the reasons for this may differ.
But I think they have different personalities.
They do have different personalities, yes. But I think they also have lots of similarities. But I think we need to wait for the revelation what really happened between Eva and Des for it to be clear.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
This game. Really. It is murder for a completionist like me. Will I ever be able to get all scenes and dialog? :)

I was checking out a few different things with Shanna & Malina. So I got on the path where you discover that Shanna & Malina are girlfriends. Which in turn leads to being able to go home with Des without Des getting drugged, which I didn't know was possible. And a completely different sex scene with Des that I haven't seen before (and a really hot one at that :love: ).
Frankly there are so many ways in which the party could go down it's mind boggling. I did get the "clean" route on my first playthrough. When I later tried different dialog options at the party I was shocked and infuriated at what (almost) happened at the toilets. There are two sex scenes with Des on the night after the party that I know of. One with normal Viv and one with dominant Viv. Not to be confused with the scene after the atelier. ;) Which there are three.

Reactions: bacienvu88

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Some random thoughts about Shanna & Malina.

Since Shanna & Malina are girlfriends. How come Shanna works at that diner? Seems like Malina should be able to find her a much better job. Or is the diner a front of some sort? Drug distribution central?

Then we have the nature of Shanna, Malina and their relationship. As for Shanna, is she in it because she truly care for Malina? Does she enjoy the mobster life style? Or does she just see it as an opportunity to get ahead in life, maybe even taking over Malina's business?

And Malina, what is it that she really seeing in Shanna? Trophy wife girlfriend? Henchwoman? Or does she actually care for Shanna?

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
(from MLS thread)

They do have different personalities, yes. But I think they also have lots of similarities. But I think we need to wait for the revelation what really happened between Eva and Des for it to be clear.
Yes, that is bugging me. Why do they dislike each other so much? What happened between them?

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Some random thoughts about Shanna & Malina.

Since Shanna & Malina are girlfriends. How come Shanna works at that diner? Seems like Malina should be able to find her a much better job. Or is the diner a front of some sort? Drug distribution central?

Then we have the nature of Shanna, Malina and their relationship. As for Shanna, is she in it because she truly care for Malina? Does she enjoy the mobster life style? Or does she just see it as an opportunity to get ahead in life, maybe even taking over Malina's business?

And Malina, what is it that she really seeing in Shanna? Trophy wife girlfriend? Henchwoman? Or does she actually care for Shanna?
Either Malina is a fraud or she doesn't give her that much money or doesn't care for her all that much. Maybe Shanna's job is just a cover as to why she has any money at all. :) Maybe she like's to earn her own money. :D Because she doesn't want to feel like a freeloader. ;)
What is their relationship? Friends with benefits? Or not at all. Just acquaintance. Malina has a pretty girl to accompany her to the party and Shanna gets to the party for free. Possibly to other places and events as well. Could Shanna be Malina's henchwoman? Perhaps. Depends on how much money does she give her. :LOL: But taking into consideration the above, she wouldn't be doing it for the money (alone). If Malina being Shanna's free ticket to parties isn't enough, than maybe she pays Shanna with sex. :LOL:
Yes, I'm not taking Malina's connection to mafia seriously. I just think she bought the drug from a dealer. Even if it was expensive.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Yes, that is bugging me. Why do they dislike each other so much? What happened between them?
The best hint I've found is the following, which is said by Des if you have asked Eva out with an open relationship and admitted the truth to Des at the party with Eva there: "You win. You have officially stolen everything from me."

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
The best hint I've found is the following, which is said by Des if you have asked Eva out with an open relationship and admitted the truth to Des at the party with Eva there: "You win. You have officially stolen everything from me."
Des says that to Viv? That would imply that at one stage Des and Eva had a relationship, that presumably has gone sour. Which would make sense considering that fight between Des and Eva over Viv

Reactions: afterlights

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Hot damn, telling Ms. Harper to fuck off is satisfying. I've been meaning to test out the blackmail path. But whenever I see that "fuck off" option, I just can't resist it. :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Lol same, it's why I was ok with dating her, but not allowing her to Dom Viv. Not interested in playing with the whole power dynamic.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Either Malina is a fraud or she doesn't give her that much money or doesn't care for her all that much. Maybe Shanna's job is just a cover as to why she has any money at all. :) Maybe she like's to earn her own money. :D Because she doesn't want to feel like a freeloader. ;)
What is their relationship? Friends with benefits? Or not at all. Just acquaintance. Malina has a pretty girl to accompany her to the party and Shanna gets to the party for free. Possibly to other places and events as well. Could Shanna be Malina's henchwoman? Perhaps. Depends on how much money does she give her. :LOL: But taking into consideration the above, she wouldn't be doing it for the money (alone). If Malina being Shanna's free ticket to parties isn't enough, than maybe she pays Shanna with sex. :LOL:
Yes, I'm not taking Malina's connection to mafia seriously. I just think she bought the drug from a dealer. Even if it was expensive.
It is interesting. Most info on Malina we have comes from Katherine. And we don't now what she really wants with Viv and Des.

Then there is the matter of who really drugged Des (and Viv). Is there any other candidate than Shanna? And what would Shanna get out of it? That drug is apparently worth a couple of grand according to Rebecca and Eva. So why waste that on Des?

If Malina being Shanna's free ticket to parties isn't enough, than maybe she pays Shanna with sex. :LOL:
Except Shanna was Malina's free ticket to Rebecca's party. :)

Reactions: Cygnus X-1

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Yes! That's a really good one. You see, previously I thought, as per Des' comments while out drinking with Viv, that Eva was one of the girls Des kissed. Eva maybe had a crush on Des and Des agreed to kiss her. But Des didn't like it or maybe later acted like "spoiled princess" as Eva would say. In the first case Des didn't go any further which angered Eva. In the second case Eva may have broken up with Des and broke her heart. Well that was what I thought before. Now I think it's simpler. Eva stole Des' boyfriend. That Des loved or at least liked very much.
And that could be why Des pursues only shallow relationships. She probably doesn't want it to happen again, fall in love and have her heart broken when her boyfriend leaves her (for another girl).
She wasn't happy how her last boyfriend treated her or didn't pay her enough attention. She says at first if you are nice to her that with a friend like Viv she now only needs men for sex.

Last edited:

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Yeah, so far it's 3 for 3 (AWAM, Free Pass and this) for me in terms of having far more fun refusing blackmail
Its also why at the risk of blue balling myself, I refuse to go the blackmail path in Indecent Desires. Sadly its the only way to actually have sex with any of the 'main' girls in the house. But I refuse to blackmail as a principle so just gotta be patient and hope for a love path opening up instead.

No Des says that to Eva with Viv present.

Edit: Full exchange:
Jesus Christ that's so fucking heartbreaking.... that's why I can't stand Eva and will always pick Desi over her.

Last edited:
Reactions: bacienvu88

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
It is interesting. Most info on Malina we have comes from Katherine. And we don't now what she really wants with Viv and Des.

Then there is the matter of who really drugged Des (and Viv). Is there any other candidate than Shanna? And what would Shanna get out of it? That drug is apparently worth a couple of grand according to Rebecca and Eva. So why waste that on Des?

Except Shanna was Malina's free ticket to Rebecca's party. :)
That's simple. We talked about this before. ;) Malina brought the drug on purpose. She doesn't care about Viv. Doesn't know her and couldn't know she would be there. She came to make a deal with Becca. Becca even says it, that she was horny and wasn't able to think clearly during their talks and was glad Viv was there to support her. :) So Becca was in fact the target. Imagine Malina was there with Becca alone and could drug her. Becca would have done anything Malina asked of her. :mad: But Viv spoiled that plan. So out of revenge they drugged Des. Shanna knew Viv and if she met Viv with Des she would of course assume Des is her friend.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Jesus Christ that's so fucking heartbreaking.... that's why I can't stand Eva and will always pick Desi over her.
It is heartbreaking. But I also think Des is overreacting. Mainly because in my playthrough, getting to this point I had mostly ignored Des (including not letting her sleep over). Why should Des dictate who Viv has a relationship with? Especially since she refuses to tell Viv why she dislikes Eva in the first place.

That said, Eva definitely isn't innocent. The following is said a bit later.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
That's simple. We talked about this before. ;) Malina brought the drug on purpose. She doesn't care about Viv. Doesn't know her and couldn't know she would be there. She came to make a deal with Becca. Becca even says it, that she was horny and wasn't able to think clearly during their talks and was glad Viv was there to support her. :) So Becca was in fact the target. Imagine Malina was there with Becca alone and could drug her. Becca would have done anything Malina asked of her. :mad: But Viv spoiled that plan. So out of revenge they drugged Des. Shanna knew Viv and if she met Viv with Des she would of course assume Des is her friend.
Ah, of course Becca would be the target. You are right. However I find it funny that Shanna & Malina doesn't do anything after Viv met both of them, even thugh Viv had called Malina a liar a few moments before. :D

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
It is heartbreaking. But I also think Des is overreacting. Mainly because in my playthrough, getting to this point I had mostly ignored Des (including not letting her sleep over). Why should Des dictate who Viv has a relationship with? Especially since she refuses to tell Viv why she dislikes Eva in the first place.

That said, Eva definitely isn't innocent. The following is said a bit later.
Overreacting? Her boyfriend left her a few days before and now her best friend was dating "the enemy", which she viewed as betrayal. If it was a complete stranger and not Eva the situation would be different. So she lost in a short time her boyfriend and her best friend. When her boyfriend leaves her she has her best friend to lean on. Even if you don't go out your way to support her during those few meetings.
Frankly I'm surprised that she didn't gauge Eva's eyes out. And then didn't slap Viv.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Ah, of course Becca would be the target. You are right. However I find it funny that Shanna & Malina doesn't do anything after Viv met both of them, even thugh Viv had called Malina a liar a few moments before. :D
Well, Shanna can molest Viv. If you give her the opportunity.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Overreacting? Her boyfriend left her a few days before and now her best friend was dating "the enemy", which she viewed as betrayal. If it was a complete stranger and not Eva the situation would be different. So she lost in a short time her boyfriend and her best friend. When her boyfriend leaves her she has her best friend to lean on. Even if you don't go out your way to support her during those few meetings.
Frankly I'm surprised that she didn't tear Eva's hair out. And then didn't slap Viv.
Ok, overreating is a too strong word. But at the same time I think that Des shares some of the blame for what goes down there with Viv and Eva.
I agree that from Des's point of view it looks bad. Especially since Viv never tells her about inviting someone else to the party (although if Viv rushes after Des after that outburst, she will make a full confession). But as far as I can tell Des has never told Viv that Eva is "the enemy". Or told what happened back then to her supposed best friend. The only reason why Viv knows anything about it at all is because Eva told her. I think Viv strongly underestimates the anger between Des and Eva as well.

Reactions: Cygnus X-1

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Frankly I'm surprised that she didn't gauge Eva's eyes out. And then didn't slap Viv.
Well if you play the ignore Des path, and not warn her about the creepy guy at the gallery, Des does kind of move on, sadly and just focuses on her art pieces without Viv or anyone else for that matter. They're barely on speaking terms at this point, and more or less frosty towards each other.

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes