VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
After even more thinking. A guess as to what happened that still makes the whole thing mostly a misunderstanding.

Des and Eva were best friends. Eva thought the world of Des. Much like Des currently does to Viv. Maybe Eva even was beginning to fall in love with Des.

Something happened to Eva causing here to need support, comfort and affection. My guess is that it was due to some sort of fallout between Eva and her parents. Tara hinted that Eva was the needy one, rather than Des at that time.

Des was unable to give give that affection to Eva because she had just gotten a new boyfriend and put all her affection and attention toward him rather than Eva. Des is oblivious to Eva's problems.

Eva is desperate and tries to get the attention of Des through the boyfriend. Boyfriend is a douchebag and starts hitting on Eva. Eva, who still wants to get the attention of Des doesn't immediately shut down the boyfriends advances.

Result:
Des accuses Eva of being a boyfriend-stealer and betraying Des.
Eva loses all respect for Des since Des believes the doucebag instead of her best friend.

After that they become more and more bitter towards each other and neither is willing to listen to the other.

And maybe Eva goes after Viv as some sort of "if I'm going to be accused of being a partner-stealer, I can as well make it true". Or a "let's see how you feel when your best friend abandons you" revenge thing. Still not that charitable to Eva:s character, but understandable if the above is true.

I also feel this is fairly in line with Des's character who seem to me to quickly go into accusatory mode for perceived slights.
The last part doesn't work. Viv has known Des for more than a year. If Eva wanted this to be the "let's actually do it if I'm being accused of it" why wait so long? If you consider that Eva and Des must have known each other longer than a year and a half, it does make even less sense. Des had several boyfriends since their falling out. And surely must have had other friends too. So this cannot be the thing she does for revenge.
I think of it more of another "exchange" during their long conflict. Then it would also make sense that even if pissed and storming off, she values her friend and after she slept on it rather wanted to forget about it and "sweep it under the rug"

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Taking a step back from the discussion I imagined this scene.
Us discussing the game: yes, we have it all figured out!
Someone: Wait, what about X?
Us: nooooo!
BWG (reading this) (Palpatine voice): He he he he. Yess! Yeess!

Or the scene in Lord of the rings, when Frodo offers Galadriel the ring, all goes dark and she says:
Instead of a dark lord you will have a dark lady! You will love me and despair!

That's kind of how I feel now. :LOL:

Similar to "Bad memories" it seems the mc is the focal point of all the relationships, the story lines intersect at her. Will Viv be able to untangle this mess and fix everything, like "Bad memories" seems to be doing, or will we have to choose who to help? Like in old vn where you had to choose a girl to pursue and help.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I agree. But the same goes for Viv. I do believe that she had intended to talk with Des about her relationship with Eva when she feel it is the right time. It was a pretty bad idea to bring Eva to the party together with Des though (on the other hand I don't want Viv to leave Eva at home together with Mom ...).
Having played the previous update, the path where Viv invites Eva to stay with them, its already strongly hinted that Mom couldn't keep her hands off Eva and they exchanged knowing glances the morning after they presumably hooked up.

Nope. Didn't get an option for that. Flowers is only part of the Des heartbroken path I believe which you only get if Mom goes to party and not Des. I may be wrong, haven't checked the details.
Credit to BWG for being able to keep track of all the intricate paths available and dialogue options, because sometimes its genuinely hard to keep track for me wanting to see everything.

If you do leave Eva at home with mom, you can catch them in flagranti. So don't invite Eva to stay at their home. ;)
Weird, I didn't get that option, only the morning after innuendo they fucked. Which is yet another reason I refused to bring Eva back home with me on my canon play through. :mad:

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
I think we on the right track with issue between Des and Eva being of an emotional (or psychological) nature. Because for one they are girls, so the likelihood of physical confrontation is lower and going back to the scene when Eva carries Des and says she doesn't want to see her drugged or raped, she basically says she wouldn't stoop so low. Which confirms that their conflict doesn't stem from physical abuse. ;) Thus I guess a physical confrontation likely won't occur in the future either.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Having played the previous update, the path where Viv invites Eva to stay with them, its already strongly hinted that Mom couldn't keep her hands off Eva and they exchanged knowing glances the morning after they presumably hooked up.

Credit to BWG for being able to keep track of all the intricate paths available and dialogue options, because sometimes its genuinely hard to keep track for me wanting to see everything.

Weird, I didn't get that option, only the morning after innuendo they fucked. Which is yet another reason I refused to bring Eva back home with me on my canon play through. :mad:
I think it happens when you stay home. I have been looking several times through the pictures. They are so pret... I mean for science purposes, yes science. :LOL: Ehm. You know to make them divulge the game's secrets without playing all the routes. :unsure: Though some of them I couldn't place. Some fall into place thanks to our discussions. :love:
That's how I knew about the "Eva carries Des at the party scene".

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
The last part doesn't work. Viv has known Des for more than a year. If Eva wanted this to be the "let's actually do it if I'm being accused of it" why wait so long? If you consider that Eva and Des must have known each other longer than a year and a half, it does make even less sense. Des had several boyfriends since their falling out. And surely must have had other friends too. So this cannot be the thing she does for revenge.
I think of it more of another "exchange" during their long conflict. Then it would also make sense that even if pissed and storming off, she values her friend and after she slept on it rather wanted to forget about it and "sweep it under the rug"
Maybe more of an opportunity thing? Eva meets Viv at the sex shop and is intrigued by her. She genuinely wants to get to know Viv, but at the same time sees an opportunity for getting a little payback on Des on the side.

Btw, I found your variants interesting as well. But I think it has one major flaw: if Des broke up (or similar) with Eva due to not being lesbian, she would be well aware that she has done something to hurt Eva. But Des never hints that she has ever done something like that. Which leads to me thinking that Des is completely oblivious to hurting Eva in the first place. Which frustrates Eva even more.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
So I have a little bit of a conundrum, I think might be fun to let the thread decide:

I've started work on some fan art for the mechanics garage for Rebecca's F1 car. And being a mechanics garage, it's gonna have pinups up, particularly for Rebecca's sponsors.

So really I'm asking for suggestions for product placements that might be fun. Motor oil, spark plugs, tyres etc.

Reactions: bacienvu88

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I think it happens when you stay home. I have been looking several times through the pictures. They are so pret... I mean for science purposes, yes science. :LOL: Ehm. You know to make them divulge the game's secrets without playing all the routes. :unsure: Though some of them I couldn't place. Some fall into place thanks to our discussions. :love:
That's how I knew about the "Eva carries Des at the party scene".
You are right. I played through something like 10 variants now. The in flagranti part is if Eva lives at home and Viv doesn't go to the party. Then when Viv gets home from shopping with Des, she finds Mom buried in Eva's crotch. This doesn't happen if Viv goes to the party. Then you at most get hinting at it. Some variants even have Viv having sex with Eva in the morning.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Wow
Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
So I have a little bit of a conundrum, I think might be fun to let the thread decide:

I've started work on some fan art for the mechanics garage for Rebecca's F1 car. And being a mechanics garage, it's gonna have pinups up, particularly for Rebecca's sponsors.

So really I'm asking for suggestions for product placements that might be fun. Motor oil, spark plugs, tyres etc.
Are you aiming to do custom stuff? Maybe an ad for Jane's bar, although that is pretty unrealistic since Jane wouldn't be able to afford any sponsorships. I don't have a preference for IRL companies etc. And the games really lack any of that sort so not much to go on.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Maybe more of an opportunity thing? Eva meets Viv at the sex shop and is intrigued by her. She genuinely wants to get to know Viv, but at the same time sees an opportunity for getting a little payback on Des on the side.

Btw, I found your variants interesting as well. But I think it has one major flaw: if Des broke up (or similar) with Eva due to not being lesbian, she would be well aware that she has done something to hurt Eva. But Des never hints that she has ever done something like that. Which leads to me thinking that Des is completely oblivious to hurting Eva in the first place. Which frustrates Eva even more.
Now I found something which could be another clue to what happened to Eva and Des. This is on Mom reject route where Eva is living at the sorority after getting kicked out of the dorms. So if this about Des, Eva really does feel abandoned by her. On the other hand this could be about Eva's parents as well.

Reactions: Cygnus X-1

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
You are right. I played through something like 10 variants now. The in flagranti part is if Eva lives at home and Viv doesn't go to the party. Then when Viv gets home from shopping with Des, she finds Mom buried in Eva's crotch. This doesn't happen if Viv goes to the party. Then you at most get hinting at it. Some variants even have Viv having sex with Eva in the morning.
Yeah I never got that scene, just the one the morning after where its strongly hinted they fucked.

As for the Des-Eva fallout, iirc, I thought it was Desi that was the needy one and their supposed friendship ended when Eva felt suffocated by the constant smothering attention (while most likely in between boyfriends) from Des and in Eva's frustration and not being one to mince words, probably said something to her which offended and upset her, essentially ending their friendship. That's not to say maybe Eva wasn't sexually attracted to Des, and Des just wanted to keep things purely platonic... which would have caused Eva to snap being constantly around someone she's attracted to while the object of her affection is only interested in the opposite gender.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021

It's not a bug, it's a feature! :LOL: No, that's what I was going with. ;) Des ended it when she got uncomfortable with it and / or things have gotten serious and she didn't share her feelings / realized she couldn't love her back. :D Thus she didn't feel like doing anything wrong. On the contrary. Rather end it before it got really serious.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Yeah I never got that scene, just the one the morning after where its strongly hinted they fucked.

As for the Des-Eva fallout, iirc, I thought it was Desi that was the needy one and their supposed friendship ended when Eva felt suffocated by the constant smothering attention (while most likely in between boyfriends) from Des and in Eva's frustration and not being one to mince words, probably said something to her which offended and upset her, essentially ending their friendship. That's not to say maybe Eva wasn't sexually attracted to Des, and Des just wanted to keep things purely platonic... which would have caused Eva to snap being constantly around someone she's attracted to while the object of her affection is only interested in the opposite gender.
The following is what Tara has to say about Eva and Des. It hints at Eva being the needy one back then.

Reactions: afterlights

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
The following is what Tara has to say about Eva and Des. It hints at Eva being the needy one back then.
Reaction limit exceeded? I didn't think that was possible. :geek:
So, Eva was involved with Des. She just misconstrued Des' show of affection or just Des being nice to her as something more. :unsure: I doesn't tell us anything more sadly. The combined theory I came up with goes much further than that. But it does explain Des' behavior regarding her endless line of boyfriends. Basically she doesn't want to get hurt again by falling in love and having her heart broken. She instead opts for a safer way pursuing shallow relationships with sex only. Telling herself that that's the only thing she's going to get anyway as men only are after sex. So she goes down that path. Never being really satisfied in the end. Just leaving her angry when the relationship ends. Maybe even telling herself that she doesn't want to do it anymore and asking herself whether it is something she really wants or needs. But never looking for alternatives, never thinking out of the box or trying to really think about it and coming up with a solution being afraid to step outside of her comfort zone but feeling deep down unhappy. So her only solution is to try it again because she still needs her fix. Sorry for making her sound like an addict, but at the time the game takes place she basically is one. :(

Last edited:

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Well it is rather interesting as Des's current behavior would lead one to assume she was the needy one, while Eva certainly has baggage in her past that caused her to no longer pursue anything other than an endless stream of one night stands and casual hook ups. Clearly she may have been hurt/ignored (most likely by her parents) or possibly experienced unrequited love and chose the path least liable to lead to heartache by making herself open to both genders as long as she can get attention/validation

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Reaction limit exceeded? I didn't think that was possible. :geek:
I had that the other day during the discussions in the MLS thread. :)
So, Eva was involved with Des. She just misconstrued Des' show of affection or just Des being nice to her as something more. :unsure: I doesn't tell us anything more sadly.
Well it is rather interesting as Des's current behavior would lead one to assume she was the needy one, while Eva certainly has baggage in her past that caused her to no longer pursue anything other than an endless stream of one night stands and casual hook ups. Clearly she may have been hurt/ignored (most likely by her parents) or possibly experienced unrequited love and chose the path least liable to lead to heartache by making herself open to both genders as long as she can get attention/validation
I think it is some sort of double-whammy of betrayal/abandonment for Eva. First her parents, then Des. Much like if you make certain choices for Viv, Des gets a double-whammy, first with Mike, then Viv.

Then there is the question why Des doesn't seem to realise she has hurt Eva. I mean, she may not be the most perceptive person, but I don't think she is that oblivious to her surroundings. And definitely not cold enough to just don't care about her best friend.

A different sort of scenario, doesn't feel entirely right though, but posting it anyway. :)

Eva is really down because of what went down with her parents. Can't find Des anywhere for some reason. Goes out on the town to get mind-numbingly drunk. While drunk, Des's boyfriend starts to hit on Eva. Eva is too drunk to realise who it is (or she might never have met the boyfriend in the first place). Eva and boyfriend ends up in bed and eventually discovered by Des. Des doesn't give Eva a chance to explain. And Eva can't remember most of it anyway.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
I had that the other day during the discussions in the MLS thread. :)

I think it is some sort of double-whammy of betrayal/abandonment for Eva. First her parents, then Des. Much like if you make certain choices for Viv, Des gets a double-whammy, first with Mike, then Viv.

Then there is the question why Des doesn't seem to realise she has hurt Eva. I mean, she may not be the most perceptive person, but I don't think she is that oblivious to her surroundings. And definitely not cold enough to just don't care about her best friend.

A different sort of scenario, doesn't feel entirely right though, but posting it anyway. :)

Eva is really down because of what went down with her parents. Can't find Des anywhere for some reason. Goes out on the town to get mind-numbingly drunk. While drunk, Des's boyfriend starts to hit on Eva. Eva is too drunk to realise who it is (or she might never have met the boyfriend in the first place). Eva and boyfriend ends up in bed and eventually discovered by Des. Des doesn't give Eva a chance to explain. And Eva can't remember most of it anyway.
In my theory Des thinks she is doing the right thing by not letting it go too far. But why does she not realize it afterwards? Because as I wrote she falls in love with that guy not long after. So she is basically blind to everything, including his bad behavior. ;) :(

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Are you aiming to do custom stuff? Maybe an ad for Jane's bar, although that is pretty unrealistic since Jane wouldn't be able to afford any sponsorships. I don't have a preference for IRL companies etc. And the games really lack any of that sort so not much to go on.
I was actually thinking more in terms of subtly acknowledging loyal sponsors of BWG. But since I don't know who they are, I opened it to the floor

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes