VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
Getting back to this after quite a while. All the different paths make it kinda hard for me to play every update as the new content gets spread out.

But man this really is a great game to return to. The writing in this is superb. Among the best you can find on the site both for how hot it makes the sex scenes as well as the characters believable. While there's certainly tropes/cliches the authenticity of the situation at hand seems to always takes precedence which puts this above a lot of others were it feels like they mostly want serve those and tick a bunch of boxes.

And then there's an inkling of a bigger story line involving the criminal underground. So far it been mostly introducing characters and setting up relationships but there's been a lot of hints in that direction. The rumors about Malina. Viv's highschool friend posing as Malina's date while peddling drugs. I bet Harper is involved there as well. We don't have a direct connection yet but her being involved with the influential of the city while being a "just" teacher certainly isn't normal. And asking Tara about her on the right path she also hints at "something dark behind her eyes". A lot of it is spread over the different paths but it's been fun going around finding puzzle pieces and I can't help but wonder how the final picture will turn out.

But you can also stay almost completely avoid that at the moment. Focusing mostly on Des and going to the fancy restaurant with Mom. Still there's that sleazy guy at the art gallery and even if you don't give Des the card I doubt he will be gone for good. Also if you just go and try for a "boring" single romance I'd expect Tara throwing wrenches at some point. She does want to be entertained after all.

With all the paths this is one ambitious project but so far it has been handled superbly. Well done and all the best.

BYK370

Apr 29, 2020
love the new update BlackWebGames i hope we can have more action with the aunt not long in future <3 can't wait!

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
I'm such an idiot. Re-Downloaded the game without checking the changelog first.

Boot up game, load latest save:
Viv: Hm, should I shave?
Yes or No
Me: Hm, I don't really care, go for it.
Viv: Looks good.

"This is the end of the update"

:ROFLMAO:

CHFan

Feb 25, 2019
Can someone tell me how to "Move Out"? trying everything and can't seem to get it to happen
I’ve been trying to do that as well and have come up empty. I’m not even sure I’ve seen that option while using the flow chart/decision tree. Is it tied into looking for ‘romance’ for the summer?

dm143256

Sep 6, 2020
I’ve been trying to do that as well and have come up empty. I’m not even sure I’ve seen that option while using the flow chart/decision tree. Is it tied into looking for ‘romance’ for the summer?
I'm trying the get to the aunt but can't figure it out

neennah

Feb 2, 2020
You need to be on the Mom romance path, but keep turning her down for sex and then you get the option to move out to stop your Mom hitting on you.

BYK370

Apr 29, 2020
You need to be on the Mom romance path, but keep turning her down for sex and then you get the option to move out to stop your Mom hitting on you.
You don’t need go with the mom romance path though just don’t go to the party and you will get the scene that your mum drunk at home and she’s trying to kiss you just push her away and the next morning your mum will mention that night and she will say few lines in the end just tell her say you can’t accept this incest stuff eventually you will move out

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
You don’t need go with the mom romance path though just don’t go to the party and you will get the scene that your mum drunk at home and she’s trying to kiss you just push her away and the next morning your mum will mention that night and she will say few lines in the end just tell her say you can’t accept this incest stuff eventually you will move out
Wait so if you reject incest first you "Incest 2: Electric Bogaloo"? That's hilarious.

ABOBA1234567

Nov 4, 2021
I spent 2 days to finally complete this game with all roots and all images what I saw in the main folder. Im big happy now. Admin, I take a very nice meme specially for you from cold mother russia. Big good luck for you. God bless you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: BlackWebGames

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Last time I played was in April - and I just got 1 new scene? ... I like branching, but when you want to continue 1 specific path it sucks ^^

Tropic1

Dec 3, 2018
I get the following error during the barber shop scene after picking Des and then "Should I be worried about the art dealer guy?":

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 5519, in script call
    call shoppingmom from _call_shoppingmom
  File "game/shoppingmom.rpy", line 352, in script
    if taradom = False:
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (shoppingmom.rpy, line 352)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    if taradom = False:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1852, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2247, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "renpy/python.py", line 835, in py_compile
    raise e

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Dog Days of Summer v0.5.1
Mon Nov 15 22:20:42 2021

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
I get the following error during the barber shop scene after picking Des and then "Should I be worried about the art dealer guy?":

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    if taradom = False:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    if taradom = False:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1852, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2247, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "renpy/python.py", line 835, in py_compile
    raise e

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Dog Days of Summer v0.5.1
Mon Nov 15 22:20:42 2021
Thank you, it's a double == problem.
it should read:
if taradom == False
I will fix it

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Not the most critical problem, but still

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'll make it more clear but she is asking who you were jealous of. So if you say you were jealous of mom it means you wished you were the one with Evaline and not your mom. And vice versa. if you say you were jealous of Evaline then it means you wished you were the one having sex with your mom.
But yeah, I'll try and change the wording to make the choice a bit clearer

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes