VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Deleted member 3727657

May 22, 2021
That is the one and only scene in the entire game and most of us avoid it.

It was part of the teachers blackmail route but we complained it was forced in a lesbian game so it was made optional.

There are no male love interests.
In the future, when the blackmailed slave route becomes more content, I will play this route

brody990

Jun 11, 2017
Is this still being updated or is the other game taking priority? Because its been a while and the updates weren't massive to begin with.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Is this still being updated or is the other game taking priority? Because its been a while and the updates weren't massive to begin with.
The dev alternates between developing their games. I think the dev is spending time redoing the code of this one.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
well its been a year since the last update, so you can make you own conclusions
Well, as said above, they go back and forth between games and update one a few times, then return to the other one, there other game was just updated 3 weeks ago: Mother Lovers Society [Ch. 5.1] [BlackWeb Games]

And we have this to...

I am not moving this game to unity. I am however, reworking the code because right now it is too much of a mess. But I am going to release a full sorority event before I release the revamp because I don't know how long that is going to take. So right now I am focused on finishing that event.
I guess good thing no Unity, everyone will be not using Unity now because of what happened....yeah, Unity is dead.

BigAlzBub

Jul 20, 2020
The backlash is so harsh, it must surely only be a matter of time before they reverse course on this. At the moment I suspect they are just seeing if they can ride this out, given the level of outrage, I would imagine no.

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
After what I'm seeing, and hearing about the Unity fiasco, it's just predatory and scummy.
I agree, and they have said that new builds of the game count as a new download and given my plan is to release a lot of updates over the years including on steam some day, so I have a feeling I would rack up that 200k downloads pretty fast and once I past the monetary threshold every update I can get a bill for 'fees' that exceed what I am making.

• Red Heart
Reactions: sava75

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I agree, and they have said that new builds of the game count as a new download and given my plan is to release a lot of updates over the years including on steam some day, so I have a feeling I would rack up that 200k downloads pretty fast and once I past the monetary threshold every update I can get a bill for 'fees' that exceed what I am making.
It will kill lots of indie, gacha, mobile, the whole range of game development.

BigAlzBub

Jul 20, 2020
Were you going to recode DDS into Unity? Can you still do what you want to do in Ren'Py?

Envy*

Apr 10, 2022
Dunno if it's of interest to anyone but I've invested a bit of my time into creating flow chart for myself to keep up with the game logic in the 0.48 compressed test build by going through the script itself and tracking all the variables.

It's missing the final branches, is ugly, large (~1.4Mb), has probably some errors and has no information about specific scenes (some may be deduced by the choice of variable names) but I think I'll share it before the effort goes to waste.
Please don't be fooled though - the amount of alternative dialog based on decisions is astounding and not reflected in this chart.

P.S.: Just wanna say great game BlackWebGames and compliments for taming that beast of a story tree. There were a few things related to the game logic I've noticed in the script files. Might be a little late for feedback though with the new version on the horizon but could PM (if that's even possible on f95, dunno) you the findings if you'd like.
Anyhow: Best of luck for the future. View attachment 1077214
I got a headache just looking at the whole layout, it's worse than the paths in the Fate series...

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes