VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

SecretDesire

May 15, 2019
Sorry my bad, I was working under the assumption you were also going shopping with her and did not clarify that. If you go shopping with her then there will be the option to ask her out. But don't sweat it either way, this will not be the only way or chance you have to start a relationship with her.
I try 2 or 3 way but i say her "i am going for shopping" but i can't invite her because of i can't cancel on Desire.
Des. and Eva can't get along and i can't go shopping with Eva i guess i need to try several combination because WT is pretty confusing.

SecretDesire

May 15, 2019
Or if anyone have a save before invite her for shopping or direct shopping save can please share it ?

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Edit: Forgot a step now added
So the choices you need to make are as follows:

help Evaline Cheat
don't invite Desiree to stay the night
go to party without inviting your mom
tell Evaline that you are going to a party
tell Harper to fuck off or bluff your way out
invite Evaline to stay at your place
turn her down because you want something serious

That should make it when you go shopping with her you get the choice to say that you are okay with having an open relationship with her.

Last edited:

SecretDesire

May 15, 2019
So the choices you need to make are as follows:

help Evaline Cheat
don't invite Desiree to stay the night
tell Evaline that you are going to a party
tell Harper to fuck off or bluff your way out
invite Evaline to stay at your place
turn her down because you want something serious

That should make it when you go shopping with her you get the choice to say that you are okay with having an open relationship with her.
Only open relationship or we can get some romance kinda thing ? sorry for bothering you bdw.

I am in a place to can't play right now to try and see for my self so again sorry for asking soo many question..

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Only open relationship or we can get some romance kinda thing ? sorry for bothering you bdw.

I am in a place to can't play right now to try and see for my self so again sorry for asking soo many question..
At this time that is the only option. If you stick to your guns however who knows what might happen in future updates. :sneaky:

SecretDesire

May 15, 2019
At this time that is the only option. If you stick to your guns however who knows what might happen in future updates. :sneaky:
i realy don't like open relationship kinda thing (i am a jealous type of person what is mine , mine) but i realy like Desiree more tho so it's okey for me i can't pursue anything with Eva till we can have her only for ourselves :D
Desiree shop scene is enough for me she say we are friends but i see she got feelings like MC too so that's okey for me :D

Reactions: Default123x

SecretDesire

May 15, 2019
Mom don't want Vivian go party because she exactly know what happened that kind of parties and that formula chick and mother have a history ... maybe i am totally wrong.. who knows :D

Reactions: afterlights

MrLakes1579

Mar 1, 2019
Mom don't want Vivian go party because she exactly know what happened that kind of parties and that formula chick and mother have a history ... maybe i am totally wrong.. who knows :D
depending on how you make your choices she says as much explicitly. Also Tara tells you more about the racer.

Reactions: BlackWebGames

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Are you by change going off the compressed version?
I did a quick grep, so it's not impossible that I misread some lines numbers, sorry.

Because looking at the code they don't line up with any switches. I hunted around the area and sometimes was able to find it.
Could you by chance give me the the switch name so I can go looking for it that way?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Still I'm here, you would really benefit from using the statement for part of the code that is common to many variations, like it's the case for Tara scene in this update.

By example you could have the menu defined like this :
Then instead of copying the whole menu each time, you just do :

Well, like in fact you copy/pasted more than the menu, the same apply third times. So, I'll also say that you would benefit from call for way more than just the menu. In this particular case, it's around 1500 lines that are presents third time in the game, when it could have been only once.

I know that it's something that can feel uneasy, especially when you don't have an initial knowledge about code writing. But it's not really difficult to understand it, and once you've done it, it really easy all the writing process, especially since it make the whole code more understandable.

Take this short stupid demonstration by example :

By deporting the variations into a called label, it make it easier to see the whole script. It also make it easier to understand where you are in it, because the branching condition are always near to you. And I as said above, but not really depicted in my example, you also need only one copy of the code common to more than one path.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
So 0.35 full requires a new game?
Fortunately, in renpy(+VN) games it's not a big deal ;)

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I did a quick grep, so it's not impossible that I misread some lines numbers, sorry.

Still I'm here, you would really benefit from using the statement for part of the code that is common to many variations, like it's the case for Tara scene in this update.

By example you could have the menu defined like this :
Then instead of copying the whole menu each time, you just do :

Well, like in fact you copy/pasted more than the menu, the same apply third times. So, I'll also say that you would benefit from call for way more than just the menu. In this particular case, it's around 1500 lines that are presents third time in the game, when it could have been only once.

I know that it's something that can feel uneasy, especially when you don't have an initial knowledge about code writing. But it's not really difficult to understand it, and once you've done it, it really easy all the writing process, especially since it make the whole code more understandable.

Take this short stupid demonstration by example :

By deporting the variations into a called label, it make it easier to see the whole script. It also make it easier to understand where you are in it, because the branching condition are always near to you. And I as said above, but not really depicted in my example, you also need only one copy of the code common to more than one path.
This is probably the single most useful piece of advice for Devs who are writing branching stories (and those poor souls who are working with their scripts, like editors, translators or Walkthrough authors!)

Reactions: bcool
4.30 star(s) 38 Votes